Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

1995 Honda Civic DX Beater - What would you do for performance + looks?

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2005, 06:10 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1995 Honda Civic DX Beater - What would you do for performance + looks?

Just as the title says I just got a 1995 Honda Civic DX Coupe as a beater, engine has 72k city miles and runs eh, the transmission is automatic so a manual tranny is a definite, what would you guys do to it? It needs a paint job as well no question about it.

Things I'm looking for, needs to be quick, quick is defined as I'd want about 250-280hp, I would like good handling so that will be directed at coil overs, body kit something conservative and not too far away from the stock look just something clean, and exhaust to be throaty not the fart can type sound. What are your suggestions?
Old 05-28-2005, 08:26 AM

Default Re: 1995 Honda Civic DX Beater - What would you do for performance + looks? (origyns)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by origyns &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Just as the title says I just got a 1995 Honda Civic DX Coupe as a beater, engine has 72k city miles and runs eh, the transmission is automatic so a manual tranny is a definite, what would you guys do to it? It needs a paint job as well no question about it.

Things I'm looking for, needs to be quick, quick is defined as I'd want about 250-280hp, I would like good handling so that will be directed at coil overs, body kit something conservative and not too far away from the stock look just something clean, and exhaust to be throaty not the fart can type sound. What are your suggestions?</TD></TR></TABLE>

If I had the money for it all, which I don't, I would get the following things.

-For 250+ HP on a D series you'll probably have to go turbo. So I'd piece together a hommade turbo.
-For suspension I would go with Tein-S Tech springs (about 1.5" drop) for something cheap, or if you want to spend the money Skunk2/GroundControl Coilovers w/ a good shock.
-Body kits suck. The fitment is usually *** and if its fiberglass and the roads in your town arn't perfectly flat you're going to scrape and break something (personal experience)
-I have an HKS super dragger exhaust. Its nice and deep and has descent power gains for a stock D16Z6 w/ 220k miles on it.
Old 05-28-2005, 08:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: 1995 Honda Civic DX Beater - What would you do for performance + looks? (origyns)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by origyns &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
Things I'm looking for, needs to be quick, quick is defined as I'd want about 250-280hp, </TD></TR></TABLE>

Sell it and start over. It's auto, doesn't run well, etc. Just save your money.

Old 05-28-2005, 09:40 AM

my advice would be to save your money until you have your OWN definite plan. Just try not to rush things when your putting together a daily driven car, because it is something you will have to look at every day. So just figure out if you want the beater or you want the 250 hp street beast. 250 hp daily driven can be done, but it would be expensive and you allready said you don't have the money for most of the things on your list. Some one told me this on NICO.

"Cheap, fast, reliable...Pick two and only two because you will not have the other."