Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

100% gauranteed to never be stolen

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2003, 03:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 100% gauranteed to never be stolen

I have invented my own little anti-theft device, well me and my pops. My car was broken into and almost stolen one night, luckily my dad worked OT and came home at the exact same time. Kids took off. That next day we got started.

Ok here is my invention. It may not be good to say on the internet but this one item + snap-off wheel+ kill switch= enjoyable sleep. Now my car I keep nothing in there, no stereo(exhaust is all I need), stock seats, stock everything. So I don't mind if they get in. anyway.

I built a bar which goes across all three pedals. It is 3" by 2" 1/4" thick steel square tubing. ( I know extreme ). It is notched and welded to fit tight to all three pedal arms. Uses a hitch pin with drilled end hole to accomodate a foreign(sp) key lock. The square tubing between the pedals is filled in with smaller sqaure tubing which is welded in for extra care. Which has been heat treated at my dads friends shop. We painted it a flat black color to blend into the dark night. The only thing is is it is heavy, I keep a wooden 2x4 under the brake pedal when I put the bar on so no stress on any of the pedals.

I can keep my doors unlocked and windows down, and my car has not been stolen. One morning I did go out and the door was open. The only thing a mess was my seat they sliced it with a knife but nothing a seat cover didn't fix.

Even fabricated a little holder for the bar which holds it down and keeps it from flying around. The security alone is worth the extra weight in my daily driver.

It is a pain in the morning when your late and you need to put on your steering wheel unlock the bar, put it in the holder hit the kill switch and go, but well worth it.

Keep um safe
Old 12-12-2003, 03:19 PM

Default Re: 100% gauranteed to never be stolen (staticrex)

two words, tow truck
Old 12-12-2003, 03:21 PM

Ok i dont get it....you leave your windows down and doors unlocked to try and invite wouldbe theives??

Also, Why would you want this bar type deal to "blend in with the dark night", If anything I would paint it friggin bright pink!

Also, we need PICS

Mike
Old 12-12-2003, 03:21 PM

Default Re: 100% gauranteed to never be stolen (Optiks)

That is possible but like I said 100% gauranteed.
Old 12-12-2003, 03:23 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by staticrex &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">That is possible but like I said 100% gauranteed.</TD></TR></TABLE>

The tow truck Optiks suggested could easily be used to steal the car.
Old 12-12-2003, 03:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I'll bet you $100 it isn't 100% guaranteed, its just another thing to add to the anti-theft arsenal.

Are you selling this thing or something?
Old 12-12-2003, 03:30 PM

Default Re: 100% gauranteed to never be stolen (96coupe)

No I am not selling it I am just trying to help out anyone who is interested in trying to make something for there selves. Well for me it is 100% worry free. I am not saying that it can't be stolen but for me it is peace of mind. I will try and get pics up, I don't have a digital camera so I am not sure how to get regular pics up from film camera. I don't keep the windows down and doors unlocked, just merely saying that I could if I wanted too.

But like you said a tow truck, I wish someone would try and get it with a tow truck, the fact that it is parked right in front of my window, and my dog is locked up in the backyard to the side of it. Hell if they can get it I would gladly give them the keys. I live on a 1 acre parcel so they have to drive into my yard about 40 feet to get the car, thats enough room to shoot and kill someone and keep them in the yard. Concealled weapon permits have there perks.

I will try and get pics up tomorrow. work is calling my name.
Old 12-12-2003, 03:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

why did you paint the bar black so it can blend it.
You're not suppose to hide such things.
If you have it bring yellow, or white, the thiefs can see it and not break your window, rather than break your window and than see it.
Old 12-12-2003, 03:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

tow truck would own you
if you make your car to hard to break into, they will tow it.
your 100%er is full coverage insurance
Old 12-12-2003, 03:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

nice invention i'm gonna try something like that post pic's up when u can
Old 12-12-2003, 04:05 PM
Down Since Day 1

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah they can tow it, but I dont know anyone who backs a tow truck into a quiet neighborhood just to steal a honda. Maybe if he is out and about, but not at his house.

I give him props for being inventive and being proactive in stoping thieves. The only thing I would do is paint it a flashy color, like saftey orange.
Old 12-12-2003, 04:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: 100% gauranteed to never be stolen (drevinder)

what about if ya just cut above the pedals and use the thin bar to drive the car?
Old 12-12-2003, 04:10 PM

Post some pics
Old 12-12-2003, 04:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: 100% gauranteed to never be stolen (MilanoRex)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by MilanoRex &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Post some pics </TD></TR></TABLE>

you should tryin sell these...i would be interested lol
Old 12-12-2003, 06:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: 100% gauranteed to never be stolen (Airbag Club)

I'd be mad that they sliced up my seats!
Old 12-12-2003, 06:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: 100% gauranteed to never be stolen (LittleG112)

nice little invention, post up some pics.
Old 12-12-2003, 06:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: 100% gauranteed to never be stolen (Spoon)

lets see it..you gotta share..but before you do, make sure you patant (sp) it..so you can take the credit for its invention.
Old 12-12-2003, 07:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: 100% gauranteed to never be stolen (h22 civic)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by h22 civic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">what about if ya just cut above the pedals and use the thin bar to drive the car?</TD></TR></TABLE>

you have no idea how hard those pedals are do you?

this doesnt sound like a bad idea. but i'll stick to the kill switch. this seems like too much work to get you car moving. i like how it takes a couple of seconds to flip the switch and im off.
Old 12-12-2003, 07:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

pics pics pics
Old 12-12-2003, 07:20 PM
diearzte2

My garage and Suburban neighborhood contribute to my 100% secure car.
Old 12-12-2003, 07:29 PM

The only 100% guarantee to keep somone from taking your car would be to buy a 8'x'8'x20' Shipping Container (they're about $1500) and always park your car in it. They can't be taken without VERY heavy equipment and are near impossible to break into (with a decent key/pad lock).

My dad got a few of these (but 40' length) and put them out on our property for storage. We still live in a suburban house, and in process of putting a house up, so we needed a place to store all the expensive tools, equipment, materials, tractors....it works great.
100% piece of mind..well 99%, if someone is WILLING and ABLE to steal it, they will.
Old 12-12-2003, 07:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 71 Likes on 52 Posts
Default Re: 100% gauranteed to never be stolen (marshun)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by marshun &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

you have no idea how hard those pedals are do you?

this doesnt sound like a bad idea. but i'll stick to the kill switch. this seems like too much work to get you car moving. i like how it takes a couple of seconds to flip the switch and im off. </TD></TR></TABLE>

There are LOTS of KNOWN ways to defeat ANY bar that blocks the pedals...

The same devices could be used on this bar... it just makes it more of a pain to steal...

And like mentioned... tow trucks own you... that's how they got mine in Boston... All they wanted was the stereo...

Good effort and thought and all... but I'd bet money a thief with even a moderate tool kit could be past that thing in under 5min.

Old 12-12-2003, 08:39 PM
Boba Connoisseur

Default Re: 100% gauranteed to never be stolen (EGtoDC2)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by EGtoDC2 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">The only 100% guarantee to keep somone from taking your car would be to buy a 8'x'8'x20' Shipping Container (they're about $1500) and always park your car in it. They can't be taken without VERY heavy equipment and are near impossible to break into (with a decent key/pad lock).</TD></TR></TABLE>

Wait wait, before anyone else.

"Well they can just bring a container forklift and a semi truck to your house, dawg!! Got you, y0!!"

Good idea though, too bad most of us don't have room for such a thing.
Old 12-13-2003, 05:28 AM

Default Re: 100% gauranteed to never be stolen (EGtoDC2)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by EGtoDC2 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">The only 100% guarantee to keep somone from taking your car would be to buy a 8'x'8'x20' Shipping Container (they're about $1500) and always park your car in it. They can't be taken without VERY heavy equipment and are near impossible to break into (with a decent key/pad lock).

My dad got a few of these (but 40' length) and put them out on our property for storage. We still live in a suburban house, and in process of putting a house up, so we needed a place to store all the expensive tools, equipment, materials, tractors....it works great.
100% piece of mind..well 99%, if someone is WILLING and ABLE to steal it, they will.</TD></TR></TABLE> so you are telling me that you car is always on the move when outside the container? what about wor/school, do you have another one there?
Old 12-13-2003, 06:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 71 Likes on 52 Posts
Default Re: 100% gauranteed to never be stolen (Optiks)

his use of "would be" makes me assume that it's a plan... not a current practice.

Quick Reply: 100% gauranteed to never be stolen