Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

1 piece angel eye question, really need help.

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2004, 07:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1 piece angel eye question, really need help.

i have bought some 1 piece angel eyes on ebay and put them on myself. first i just hooked up without the wiring harness..... but then I saw this forum on how to hook them up with the wiring harness so I did.... but I still can't sort out the problem. The problem is my dip lights are gone..... when I just put the dip lights on, the low beam comes on as well.... so I can't just have the angel eyes on..... whenever I put lights on, the low beams come on...... the high beam works ok.... can anyone help?
Old 01-10-2004, 08:00 AM

Default Re: 1 piece angel eye question, really need help. (mc1130)

Try searching the words angel eyes at the top right hand corner where it says search. I don't know how those things are supposed to work.
Old 01-10-2004, 08:12 AM

thanks for support, but i have searched before i post...... nothing on this problem..... please help!
Old 01-10-2004, 09:24 AM

Try hitting up teamsol's forum I know a lot of those guys use the angel eye fog lights. They might be able to help.
Old 01-10-2004, 04:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: 1 piece angel eye question, really need help. (solsteeler)

You have to wire the run the wires for the angel eyes to your parking lights so it turns on the same time as them. The angel eye wires should be white(negative) and red(positive).
Old 01-11-2004, 04:13 AM

thanks for so many supports!

I have wired them up to the dip light.... the ones that come on when you turn the headlight switch once. The Angel eyes come on ok, but I don't know why the driving lights(low beam) come on as well even I have only turn the headlight switch once and not twice! Therefore there is NO difference or what-so-ever either I turn the headlight switch just once or fully! Do you understand my problem?

Hope someone can help..... as I should have wired everything correctly, just don't know why the low beam get switched on as well when it shouldn't be!

Thanks again and again!
Old 01-11-2004, 11:40 AM
Honda-Tech Member

You're gonna have to look and see if the headlights are some how wired to the angel eyes. Only thing I can think of is to re check your wiring. the angel eye wiring should be coming out of the headlights separately.

Last thing. Are you sure you wired it to your parking lights and not your low lights??? had to ask.
Old 01-11-2004, 12:55 PM

Default Re: 1 piece angel eye question, really need help. (underrated)

there are two seperate wirings and plugs.
1) 3-leg female socket for the low beam+high beam
2) smaller socket for the dip light

I wired it to the dip light only and the low beam just a straight plug & play to the socket 3-leg female socket, so there shouldn't be any cross wiring between them. When I turn the headlight switch once, there should only be power going to the dip light, but so how the low beam is getting power as well.... Mine is a 94 Civic Coupe, I am not sure if they are just wired like that.

As if the ignition is not on, it works perfectly fine (angel eyes on by themselves, if headlight switch turned fully then the low beam comes on). But once the ignition is on ( I assume the battery is charged and more power is presented) the low beam stays on all the time unless I switch off the light / ignition.

I guess it is an unusal case....... just hoping some experts can sort me out.....

Thanks
Old 01-11-2004, 01:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i think your referring to your daytime running lights as low beams.......they are not, they're daytime running lights and they come on when you click forward once...if you don't want them to come on when you click once you will have to pull out the "daytime running light" fuse under the dash..........good luck i hope i helped you figure your problem out

ps_....i had to do it too!!!!
Old 01-11-2004, 01:49 PM

Default Re: 1 piece angel eye question, really need help. (95cxhatch)

HI, 95cxhatch!!! Thanks, I have not referred it wrong, just different phrasing as I am not in the US, I am in UK, different words we use over here..... sorry about the confusion.

I wired the angel eyes to the daytime running lights, so if i pull the fuse out, then the angel eyes won't come on right?

ok, let me rephrase my problem.
1) I wired the angel eyes to the daytime running lights
2) projector headlights are pluged into the stock 3-leg female socket via the wiring harness that came with the new headlights
3) PROBLEM: No matter I click the headlight switch forward once or twice(full), both angel eyes AND low beam comes on

I want to make it:
1) click once = angel eyes only
2) click twice = angel eyes & low beam

can you help me once more? Thanks very much.
Old 01-11-2004, 01:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

in order for you do that....you'll have to unhook them from the daytime running lights and hook them up to the corner lights (turn signals)...then when you turn the switch once you'll have the corner lights on and you'll have your angeleyes on, both at the same time.....but the running lights will still come on unless you pull that fuse.....hope that solves it!!!!

ps- then you'll click twice when you want the low beams to come on!!!!
Old 01-11-2004, 02:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

wire the angel eye part into your turn signal wire that is for your parking lights, thats how i did my dads.
Old 01-11-2004, 02:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: 1 piece angel eye question, really need help. (KiDSoL)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by KiDSoL &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">wire the angel eye part into your turn signal wire that is for your parking lights, thats how i did my dads.</TD></TR></TABLE>

whoa....you can read and wirte exactly what others can say.....whoa!
Old 01-11-2004, 02:29 PM

so do you mean, I hook the daytime running lights wire & angel eyes wire to the turn signal? as I seen some of your civic in the US have the turn signal (amber corner lights) as the daytime running lights as well, but here in the UK is different, the turn signal only blink when you put it on...... so don't know if that works..... maybe I take some pictures of my wiring and what happen when I switch on the headlights would explain my poblem more clearly, as a picture worths a thousand words right?

Thanks for all the supports anyway, a special thanks to 95cxhatch as well!

Here is nearly 12at night, so I will take the photos tomorrow and post it here, please check back tomorrow and help me again..... I am just so stupid at these stuff, I was surprised that I fitted them on myself!

Can also someone let me know how to post photos on this forum? do i just use HTML code? thanks
Old 01-11-2004, 10:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

hi.....you will NOT have to hook your running lights up to the turn signals but just the angeleye wire itself..........

did you say that in the UK your turn signals don't slightly light up when you click forward once?......hmmmm.....thats news to me, i thought they all came on...i live in Canada and they do here....so what your saying is that when you click forward once nothing comes on but the running lights???
Old 01-12-2004, 02:03 AM

hi 95cxhatch! yeah, over here in UK, only the daytime running lights come on when you click forward once, then low beam comes on when you click forward again. High beams come on when you pull the headlight switch towards you. Turn Signal only start blinking when you put it on......

I seen the Fast and the Furious, the 1st one and they used my car in the movie (those 3 black civic coupes in the beginning) and their turn signal stays on while driving and is not like that here......

so even if I hook the angel eyes up to the turn signal, they won't come on at all BUT only blink when I turn..... (-_-!)

I figured out that if I pull the daytime running lights fuse out and hook the angel eyes up striaght to the Battery and add a switch to the inside would work.... but then I am not sure if that would drain my battery out and also the "forgot-to-turn-off-headlights" beep will not work either........

Anyway, I try to take some photos later on the day so you can see whats happening over here......

Many Thanks for your helping!
Old 01-12-2004, 02:06 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Why don't you cut the wire that makes your day time lights go on. That way the halo's will come on with ine click and the low beam with two.
Old 01-12-2004, 02:12 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by mc1130 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> but then I am not sure if that would drain my battery out and also the "forgot-to-turn-off-headlights" beep will not work either........

</TD></TR></TABLE>

whoa,...you have a beep that reminds you to turn off your headlights?!
Old 01-12-2004, 01:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: 1 piece angel eye question, really need help. (underrated)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by underrated &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Why don't you cut the wire that makes your day time lights go on. That way the halo's will come on with ine click and the low beam with two.</TD></TR></TABLE>

yes you could do that too ,and then hook your angeleyes to that wire without them being connected to the running lights........
Old 01-12-2004, 01:51 PM

hey, 95cxhatch, I am off to dinner now, can you check back later on and i will upload the pictures for you to see.. thanks!
Old 01-13-2004, 06:08 AM

Hi, I got the photos here now, just testing to see if I can attach them here..... here they are:

Photo 01 & 02 - the style of headlights I got on my car

Photo 03 - Clicked forward once with iginition OFF

Photo 04 - Click forward twice with ignition OFF, also click forward once & twice when ignition ON (all do the same thing)

Photo 05 - the wiring

It is hard to take the picture of the wiring as they are all tidy up, but if you need a better photo of the wiring, I can take some more indepth photos of it to show you, just let me know.

Thank for your help!
Old 01-13-2004, 06:11 AM

I forgot to mention that I want to make it so that if i click forward once EVEN with ignition ON, can be like Photo 03 (just the angel eyes come on). Please help.......
Old 01-13-2004, 06:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Eh, I think they look like garbage....the corners look like booty! oh well, if you like it it's all good.
Old 01-13-2004, 06:54 AM

I love the way thos lights look, I have to get some
Old 01-13-2004, 07:05 AM

Default Re: 1 piece angel eye question, really need help. (civicvteckid)

hi civicvteckid, I think there are still some selling on Ebay..... you can check it out!

Quick Reply: 1 piece angel eye question, really need help.