Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

04 RSX heated seats problem

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2007, 02:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 04 RSX heated seats problem

hi...i have 04 rsx heated leathers in my ek....didnt come with switches....so i bought 1.6el heater switches....im wondering about the wiring and how this can be done...i just spoke to acura dealership...they said everything should work out...i just have to make sure my wiring is correct. So if anyonesss hooked up some heated seats before...plz give me some advice. 1-how can i adapt my 1.6el switches to hook up to the rsx heater unit under the seat. and 2-can anyone offer an wiring diagrams. ANYYY HELP IS GREATLLYYYYYY APPRECIATED...THANKS VERYYY MUCH.
Old 12-11-2007, 03:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: 04 RSX heated seats problem (gizZzmo)

Well, seeing as I dont know what the switches look like nor the seats wiring, this will be very generalized but should steer you in the right direction.

First off, if the seats have 2 levels, ie) high/low, you will need to determine which wire coming from the seats are which.

Determine the same for the 1.6's switch wires. Also, you will have to figure out which is the power in and the power out on the switch.

>A simple way to test the switch is to use a 12volt battery, and a 12volt bulb. Connect power to switch and then connect the bulb. Trial and error will figur this out. While doing this, write down what wire is what.

Next, you will have to search to find a wiring diagram for a RSX to determine what type of fuses are needed. Low temp. setting will prolly be like 10-15 amp. And the high setting will prolly be ~20 amps. Not %100 on this so find out, it is important, unless you have fire coverage! LOL

So, now that we determined what wires are what, its time to run power. Being heater units, (these tend to use a lot of power) I would run a power wire straight from the battery to a relay activated by the ignition "hot" wire. Some where between the relay and switch, install an inline fuse. One for each wire (high/low)
Then connect the power to the seats. Check all grounds and make sure you solder and heatshrink/tape really well all your connections.

This should help you get started, or at least know what supplies to get and what questions to ask from here.

You dont have to use a relay, but you BETTER remember to turn your seats off or you will find your car with a dead battery!

EDIT*** OK so my diagram went all twisted when I hit "post" I will draw one and upload for you!
Old 12-11-2007, 03:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: 04 RSX heated seats problem (JustG)

Hope this helps you visualize what I was trying to say above.

Edit** After looking at this, the wires going to the passenger seat should NOT be run this way. Instead, do the entire wiring for the other side too. So what ever is ther should be purchased twice, one for each seat. Sorry for the confusion, and my laziness to edit the diagram!! GL
Old 02-18-2008, 11:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: 04 RSX heated seats problem (JustG)

how do u do this in a eg si