Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

00 DX track build.

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2019, 04:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 00 DX track build.

So I made another financial mistake and purchased another track car for me to buy.
quick intro I am 22 years old from quebec canada, currently in the armed forces and was planning on running my 2013 frs for time attack however army had others plans for me this summer.

So on april 14th I purchased a 2000 hatchback DX shell for 400$ with 200km relatively clean for cars in the northeast.
came with SI brakes up front(might be ex for American models) EP3 seats and a Mugen rep wing.
My buddy dylan that lives east of toronto is working on his on TA car(K20 swap) and is giving me his D16Y8 in the meantime as I find a suitable B series to run.
as it stands I should be doing a shakedown of the car on the 9th at ICAR a track in montreal that host autocross, as well as a full track day on the 27th of may.

At the moment im still compiling a list of parts I want to get but I'm not expecting the car to truly be competitive till next year maybe even after.

As she stands sitting beside my frs and my girlfriends WRX

Old 05-01-2019, 05:26 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Re: 00 DX track build.

Subd. Good luck.
Old 05-01-2019, 06:41 AM
Corvette Forum Member

Received 60 Likes on 45 Posts

Yep, in for this!
Old 05-02-2019, 05:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

So little update.

Picked up a B16A2 head with allegedly type R internals as well as a b20Z block but most likely wont be in the car until September at the soonest(im not expected the engine to withstand over 20000km tbh with the abuse).
I found out that one of my new neighbor is quite experienced in bodywork so we started to sand and prep the rear quarter panel to stop the infection of rust(photos to follow during daylight) and compared to my other work this look like it might just be of actually quality XD as well as put bed liner(i think it was) on the inside of the fender wells to protect it for now.
So the shell might be able to hold up to a few more years of Canadian weather.
I will be posting a straw poll to see what peoples opinion of a valve cover would be look good. kinda had wrinkle red or black in mind to keep that OEM look to it.
valve cover poll
Old 05-19-2019, 06:28 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: 99 DX track build.

Quick question for those that have knowledge on cages someone in my area is selling a bolt in cage however I’m not finding any information looks like a passwordjdm sticker on it and there isn’t any bar for a harness

Old 06-09-2019, 03:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

So lets see the b20Z swap is nearly complete id say roughly 75% of all parts have been assembled.
Currently waiting for my buddy to come from montreal with a transmission and the clutch kit to arrive on friday(15th).
I made a spreadsheet that ill link that shows what is missing(that i know of) but we will most likely start throwing the engine inside the bay once the clutch kit arrives.
I wasnt able to do a shakedown like planned last month as the single jingle wasnt pulled when my buddy came so that was a drawback but **** happens.
im gonna look at some relatively budget tires like some indy 500s or ive read some decent things for nexen sur4g.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing
Old 06-15-2019, 03:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

So slight delay in my plans the clutch kit that was sent from rockauto was a d series kit so im gonna need to either buy a new one or try to find someone local that has one in meh condition to atleast get the car going.
My transmission should finally arrive tomorrow its from a SI and from a visual inspection it looks good nothing to awful when it arrives ill try and find my micrometer to measure the synchros should i be bored during the winter.

the flywheel bolt holes dont properly line up as hard as it is to see.
Old 10-29-2019, 02:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

So unfortunately I had to let them car go . Working two full time jobs didnt allow me enough time to get an entire engine swap completed.
However I didnt give up on honda as in return i purchased a EP3 SI and maybe soon a EF hatch(TBD)
I will be posting on the EP3 subforums if you wish to follow the new journey