Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

00 civic si. werid clicking noise. and vtec ?please helppp!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2009, 05:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 00 civic si. werid clicking noise. and vtec ?please helppp!!!

hey everyone. problems just dont end with this car. few days ago. i started getting a clicking by my belt area. only when i would first start the car when its idling high. then it would just go away. now it staying clicking loud for a good 20 min now. i sit there trying to listen to where its coming from. my freind said it was the power steering pump. probaly a bearing in there thats about to go. my car drives fine. just started idling really low just tonight as well. almost to where it gunna stall if it drops any lower ...it will go to 400-500 then drop down and go back up. then dropp down.. stock b16a2.

next i had my engine light on for awhile now trying to fix this vtec. i changed the pressure switch and checked the silnoid and its clean and clicks everytime. its coming up as vtec pressure cuircut fault bank 1. if i reset my ecu it works for alil then engine light comes on then im in limp mode. i changed my oil. couple of people who race civics told me its either the ecu or the vtec controller? idk i just wannt to kno what u guys on here think.

thanks alot guys
Old 09-27-2009, 07:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: 00 civic si. werid clicking noise. and vtec ?please helppp!!!

Do you know what cel code the problem is? Vtec oil pressure switch is in the solenoid so you may have to replace it. You can also check the vacuum lines to the egr valve. It is located on the back of the fuel rail. The clicking could be a bearing or the belt tensioner.
Old 09-27-2009, 07:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by brent_si
Do you know what cel code the problem is? Vtec oil pressure switch is in the solenoid so you may have to replace it. You can also check the vacuum lines to the egr valve. It is located on the back of the fuel rail. The clicking could be a bearing or the belt tensioner.
its coming up as p1259. vtec pressure circurt fault (bank 1) i tessted the silnoid and it clicks everytime. so i dont understand why the silnoid would be bad. i been trying to figure out this vtec problem for 2 months now trying different things and different people telling me different ****. im about to go to honda n pay w.e the price is. cause this civic is getting rediclouis.
Old 09-27-2009, 08:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

you said you replaced the VTEC oil pressure switch though? And I doubt the solenoid itself is bad, although it is possible. yet if its clicking it sounds to be working in perfect order.
Old 09-27-2009, 08:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i have a feeling it something to do with wires. or something very stupid. im gunna try and jump the ecu tomoorow to get the code and see what it comes up as. but the plug that goes into the oil pressure switch . the wires at the end of the plug look alil corided. i would cut it and put a new wire but its to close to the plug.

also what i did. the vtec silnoid wire with the pugs. the wire going into the plug was loose. and wouldnt stay in the plug. so we put it in the best way we could and tye rapped it and taped it. it worked for a good 5 ripps. i thought it was fixed. shut off my car started it no cel. ripped it again came back on.

so where like **** these pugs as long as the wire is connected. so we cut the plugs off and connected it stright. worked for alil then cel came on.

another thing is i took my relays for my hids, off the battery terminal. and reset the ecu. i did about 4 ripps again and then came back on.

the beginning = after i got the civic on the raod finally after being kept in a garage for a month after i bought it. i went and got a new hood pin and trunk pin as well as the relay installed for my hids because only one would work. that night i was rippin and it came on. and i was leaking alittle oil from my reg oil pressure switch. which i replaced as well. so i thought it came on cause of that. but cel is still on so i changed the oil. vtec pressure switch next. then we tested the silnoid and fine. it been like this for 2 months i havent even got the fully ripp the car since i just got the thing. but then i put hids in the fogs. and out of nowhere with the check engine light on i was able to ripp for a good 5-6 times.? i was like wtf is going on. i was getting 8500rpm everytime then after a good 20 min went back into limp mode? cant go pass 6000 rpm now. someone is telling me oil pressure. i understand u need a certain oil pressure for it to operate but i didnt get to check tht out but if i my oil pressure was ****ed up i think my engine would of been shoot already from driving like that. it runs fine except for the vtec and low idle.

now im stuck wondering wtf it is. im getting a step down to use a 95 type r ecu. idk if it is the ecu thats ****ed up. but im gunna try it. is there any wires under the dashboard that has an effect on the vtec. like a wire that could of been cut or just out. maybe when those ********* were installing stuff for my alarm they did something by accdenit. im confused and its annoying me. cause im slow as ****

Last edited by barone; 09-27-2009 at 08:58 PM.