Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

[FAQ] The Official How To Install Power Windows Into any 92-95 Civic Hatchback

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2006, 11:14 PM
Streets closed Pizzagate boy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ***The Official How To Install Power Windows Into any 92-95 Civic Hatchback***

I know this has been covered before, but i'm trying to make the most complete write up as this is my second time doing it, and i'd like to clear up any questions about this install

Parts:
-Power window actuators from any 92-95 civic Ex or 94-01 integra (same part numbers)
-Under Dash Harness from Donor car
-Power Window Realy part number in pic
-Three 20 amp fuses
-Door Switches
-Ex Door Panels: Have a spare set thats for sale BTW

Tools:
-10mm sockets
-Wire Cutters/Strippers
-Wire Crimper
-Flat Head
-Phillips
-Drill and drill bits incase ******* bolts stip...
-Electrical Tape
-Angled Phillips for the wheel well
-Coat hanger to thread wires
-Fan because it's hot
-Shop Light

I'm assuming you already know how to take off the door panels and the underdash covers as well as the fenders so i'll begin;

You will need another person to help you hold the window when you unbolt the two 10 mm bolts that hold the window to the actuator.

Out with the old, in with the new. Install the new actuator the way i have it facing me

PIC BORROWED FROM JACKMOVES.COM

PIC BORROWED FROM JACKMOVES.COM
The slot circled in red is empty on 92-95 civic hatches

Remove the original harness from inside the door and install the new one. Thread the underdash harness OUT through the hole you pulled IN the speaker wires...

PICTURE BORROWED FROM JACKMOVES.COM
This is what your DRIVER door should look like with the door harness installed. I'm only doing power windows at this point so only TWO plugs will be used.

Install the door panel, and connect the switch and the driver door window will work. I'm finished for today, and will post the passanger side install tomorrow. Good luck and PM me with any questions.

Modified by The Dza at 1:00 PM 7/27/2006
Old 07-27-2006, 04:52 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: ***The Official How To Install Power Windows Into any 92-95 Civic Hatchback*** (The Dza)

good **** may come in handy later
Old 07-27-2006, 05:00 AM
Risky Business

Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts
Default Re: ***The Official How To Install Power Windows Into any 92-95 Civic Hatchback*** (cuz_ican)

Great stuff
Old 07-27-2006, 06:51 AM

Default Re: ***The Official How To Install Power Windows Into any 92-95 Civic Hatchback*** (BauleyCivic)

Now it's on to the passanger side. Will post pics in a few hours.
Old 07-27-2006, 08:11 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: ***The Official How To Install Power Windows Into any 92-95 Civic Hatchback*** (The Dza)

Good stuff, do you have pics of the under dash harness? And is the slot for the harness in the back of the fusebox already empty or does it have another harness plugged into it? I don't remember when I had to remove the fusebox to change the wiper relay.
Old 07-27-2006, 08:38 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

no way for me to say this w/o getting flamed or coming off like an ******* so I'm just gonna say it

I understand it, it's nice, it's clear, okay..

u got like 4 pictures of the entire job, more pictures, and don't be like I assume u all know how to take off this, this, and this, so I'll just start half way through...

I'd re-do it if I were you, add some pictures, explain the whole process more thoroughly, maybe that's the word I'm lookin for, it's not thorough enough... I understand it..but that's not to say the next guy will....
Old 07-27-2006, 09:07 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Syndacate)

ill be doing this soon also

more detail would be great
Old 07-27-2006, 10:10 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (JDM Vision)

thanks for the info man.
how long did it all take you?
Old 07-27-2006, 11:52 AM

Default Re: (-Justin-)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by -Justin- &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">thanks for the info man.
how long did it all take you?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Well the hardest part is the ******* 10mm bolt/ phillips screw thats inside the fender well behind the headlight...it's a PITA.
I worked for about 5 hours and got the car about 70% done. I'm having trouble getting the passanger side window power, as the harness is not getting any power. I have no idea why so i'm rechecking my wiring.
Old 07-27-2006, 11:53 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Syndacate &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">no way for me to say this w/o getting flamed or coming off like an ******* so I'm just gonna say it

I understand it, it's nice, it's clear, okay..

u got like 4 pictures of the entire job, more pictures, and don't be like I assume u all know how to take off this, this, and this, so I'll just start half way through...

I'd re-do it if I were you, add some pictures, explain the whole process more thoroughly, maybe that's the word I'm lookin for, it's not thorough enough... I understand it..but that's not to say the next guy will..
</TD></TR></TABLE>

There are nine pictures and i'm only halfway done...

If the "next guy" doesnt know how to take off door panels, then he shouldn't be attempting this install to begin with...
Old 07-28-2006, 08:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: (The Dza)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by The Dza &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

There are nine pictures and i'm only halfway done...

If the "next guy" doesnt know how to take off door panels, then he shouldn't be attempting this install to begin with... </TD></TR></TABLE>

Umm....Yeah, ur not jsut talking about takin off the door panels, ur talkin about removing the fenders and ****....and then ur like "here's the piece, install it", how about u show them how it should look in there...

It's relaly not detailed at all is all I'm saying, the whole circling of the bolts thing is where u g2 aim more...tkae a picture, AFTER the actuator's installed, not just a picture of the actuator and tell 'em to install it...

The wiring, ur just taking a picture of the harness 'n tellin 'em what to do...I mean ****, show a picture of the harness goin in, and hooked up 'n ****...u have ONE of those so I can't really bust that...

Look man, I aint flamin it, I'm just sayin....there could be a lot more things you could do to touch it up...and dont' be like "well lets see u do it" -- I'm not going to buy a civic w/ manual windows just to show u how to do it the right way...
Old 07-28-2006, 09:40 PM

power windows/locks/mirrors isnt that difficult to do. i just finished mine the other day. basically remove the old windows/locks/mirrors and install the powered ones. and as for wiring, you need to have both door wiring harnesses and the under the dash wiring harness. if you removed them from the donor car yourself, you should be able to install it in the project car. to remove the under dash wiring harness (which is connected in 3 places) unplug it from the fender door hole, behind the fuse box, and the small 8 pin plug behind the cruise control computer. also unbolt ground and cut the 2 speaker wires connected to that harness.

install the driver side door harness, under dash harness (except the 8 pin plug), window relay, 3 fuses, and ground. driver side windows/locks/mirrors should work. the 8 pin plug is for the passenger door. those 8 wires are color coded and match the passenger door wires. this is where you need to extend the wires to reach the passenger door wires. when you extend them remember to label the wires. now everything should work.

sorry it sounds confusing without pictures. once you do it, it won't be that hard.
Old 07-29-2006, 12:06 AM

Default Re: (cyvic)

where are the stock power window grounds located at??? my meter is saying it has no ground. im just not trying to rip all the wire loom up.
Old 07-29-2006, 06:54 AM

Default Re: (caliscrilla)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by caliscrilla &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">where are the stock power window grounds located at??? my meter is saying it has no ground. im just not trying to rip all the wire loom up.</TD></TR></TABLE>

There is ONE ground with a metal piece on the end to thread a screw through...i'm not sure where it's located STOCK, but it has two wires attached to the metal piece, so just search underneath. It's probably behind the fuse box...
Old 07-30-2006, 07:52 PM

Default Re: (The Dza)

the ground should be located above the cruise control computer
Old 08-30-2007, 02:10 PM
* B A N N E D *

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: ***The Official How To Install Power Windows Into any 92-95 Civic Hatchback*** (DC4Dan)

sweet
Old 11-27-2007, 12:05 AM
* B A N N E D *

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: ***The Official How To Install Power Windows Into any 92-95 Civic Hatchback*** (DC4Dan)

bumping again
Old 05-02-2008, 09:30 PM

pics dont work for me only the last one does
Old 05-03-2008, 04:36 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: ***The Official How To Install Power Windows Into any 92-95 Civic Hatchback*** (EJAYTWO)

same here bump!