Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

[95 CiviC Dx]Catback Exhaust.Keep Silencer on, or no silencer??

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2008, 09:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default [95 CiviC Dx]Catback Exhaust.Keep Silencer on, or no silencer??

Stock D15b7[LuV it!]
------Mods------
Cold Air INtake.
Catback exhAust

Which would be best for more power.
Silencer on, or off??
Old 08-20-2008, 10:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: [95 CiviC Dx]Catback Exhaust.Keep Silencer on, or no silencer?? (Omega Blaze)

Theoretically the silencer out of it would give you more power.

Though I'm quite sure you have an axle back (or just the muffler tip) on there, not a whole cat-back, in which case the difference is null.

Though the difference between it on and off is null anyways on a stock B7...

Keep it in, you'll get less tickets. I don't care how over-VTEC-warped (or lack there of) your brain is - you won't feel the difference between the silencer in and out on a fart tip on a stock B7 .
Old 08-21-2008, 12:19 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: [95 CiviC Dx]Catback Exhaust.Keep Silencer on, or no silencer?? (Syndacate)

Wow!!Ur A jErk. and kinda lame.
But i know the diffrence.
its a catback.
2.25 downpipe with mandrel bend and all.
Just asking a question.
ThAnKZ though.
anyone else??

Modified by Omega Blaze at 1:26 AM 8/21/2008
Old 08-21-2008, 01:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: [95 CiviC Dx]Catback Exhaust.Keep Silencer on, or no silencer?? (Omega Blaze)

yeah.
Old 08-21-2008, 06:01 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Location: New York in the summer, South Carolina in the winter

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Omega Blaze &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Wow!!Ur A jErk. and kinda lame.
But i know the diffrence.
its a catback.
2.25 downpipe with mandrel bend and all.
Just asking a question.
ThAnKZ though.
anyone else??

Modified by Omega Blaze at 1:26 AM 8/21/2008</TD></TR></TABLE>

on this forum, hes known as a idiot, so don't worry. Pretty much everyone with little honda knowledge he flames.

Its a sham he is correct though. Leave it in you wont gain any power from having it not in there really-

On a boosted application its completely different FYI- I gained 20whp / 12lbs of torque on RLZ's dynapack taking it out
Old 08-21-2008, 07:09 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

if you want noise, might as well go open headers.... if you dont wanna get pulled over, try to make your ccar as quiet as possible. You probably have the coffee can mufflers anyways, so somewhere down the road your gunna get a bs ticket for modified exhaust..
Old 08-21-2008, 11:22 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Hanmin)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Hanmin &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">if you want noise, might as well go open headers.... if you dont wanna get pulled over, try to make your ccar as quiet as possible. You probably have the coffee can mufflers anyways, so somewhere down the road your gunna get a bs ticket for modified exhaust..</TD></TR></TABLE>

Woww!!
You guys are really weird.lol.
But its cool.
Thanks for ur

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by nytosc &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

on this forum, hes known as a idiot, so don't worry. Pretty much everyone with little honda knowledge he flames.

Its a sham he is correct though. Leave it in you wont gain any power from having it not in there really-

On a boosted application its completely different FYI- I gained 20whp / 12lbs of torque on RLZ's dynapack taking it out </TD></TR></TABLE>

Thanks big homie.
Thats major gains from just a silencer being taken out!!
Old 08-21-2008, 11:24 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Omega Blaze)

anyone else?
Old 08-21-2008, 11:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

its way different on a boosted application because. dum dum dum.... on boosted applications you don't want any back pressure. I'm just telling you the truth, If you don't want any back pressure go open headers... The louder your car is the higher the chance your gunna get pulled over for modified exhaust. and having a coffee can will improve these odds because they know that hondas don't come with those stock...obviously, the silencer is restricting the exhaust flow. If you want to increase exhaust flow, you have to give up your exhaust volume...

I don't get it, some people ask for the truth, but when they get it they don't like it and get mad. It's w.e. though, the uneducated minds cant handle the truth i guess....
Old 08-21-2008, 11:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Hanmin)

So how's your SUPER POWERFUL car doing without power steering? I heard yours so powerful that you have massive torque steer and that you have so much trouble keeping traction. Leave that stock crap alone.
Old 08-21-2008, 01:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (sageuvagony)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Hanmin &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">its way different on a boosted application because. dum dum dum.... on boosted applications you don't want any back pressure. I'm just telling you the truth, If you don't want any back pressure go open headers... The louder your car is the higher the chance your gunna get pulled over for modified exhaust. and having a coffee can will improve these odds because they know that hondas don't come with those stock...obviously, the silencer is restricting the exhaust flow. If you want to increase exhaust flow, you have to give up your exhaust volume...

I don't get it, some people ask for the truth, but when they get it they don't like it and get mad. It's w.e. though, the uneducated minds cant handle the truth i guess....</TD></TR></TABLE>
SO should i keep the silencer on or off for more power.
i dont care about the sound.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by sageuvagony &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">So how's your SUPER POWERFUL car doing without power steering? I heard yours so powerful that you have massive torque steer and that you have so much trouble keeping traction. Leave that stock crap alone.</TD></TR></TABLE>

i put it back on.
but yeah.so much tourque.
i shoot flames every gear!
and i have an automatic.
Old 08-21-2008, 01:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

it should theoretically make more power, but not so much that you can notice.
Old 08-21-2008, 01:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Omega Blaze)

If you really don't mind the sound then just keep it off. The silencer is more of a air restriction if anything. Whether it's on or off, it's not something you can notice a power difference anyway.
Old 08-21-2008, 03:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (sageuvagony)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by sageuvagony &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">If you really don't mind the sound then just keep it off. The silencer is more of a air restriction if anything. Whether it's on or off, it's not something you can notice a power difference anyway. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Thanks! So what was the other dude talking about?about back pressure. He said boosted applications you dont want any back pressure. I have a N/a set up, so i need back pressure? Hence, taking out the silencer creating more back pressure??
Am I on the right track?