Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

* Attention Members: Please Read

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2002, 08:46 AM
Old Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default * Attention Members: Please Read

Let's keep this section for technical discussions about Civic/Del Sol only. All non-related topics will be moved to other appropriate sections at the moderator/admin's discretion. Most of all, please post "look at my car" pics in Appearance/Cosmetic Forum.

Thank You.

Old 03-12-2002, 08:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: * Attention Members: Please Read (GoLowDrew)

Actually we should keep this forum about Civics and Del Sols!
Anything relating to Civic's and Del Sol's.

The Tech forum is for Technical questions. Tech questions related to Civic's or Del Sol's can be posted here or in the Tech forum however, if someone wants to post pictures of the civic or ask opinions about a civic or del sol then they are allowed.

EDit: am I not mistaken????

[Modified by Spade, 10:00 AM 3/12/2002]
Old 03-12-2002, 10:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Let's keep this section for technical discussions about Civic/Del Sol only. All non-related topics will be moved to other appropriate sections at the moderator/admin's discretion. Most of all, please post "look at my car" pics in Appearance/Cosmetic Forum.

Thank You.
Old 03-12-2002, 11:41 AM

Thank You.

Old 03-12-2002, 11:48 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: * Attention Members: Please Read (00B16A2 Si)

Sorry but I have to agree with Spade on this one. What the hell is the tech forum used for.....tech! This is the Civic/Del Sol forum and all info should pertain to the Civic/Del Sol.

I'm getting worried about H-T
Old 03-12-2002, 11:49 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: * Attention Members: Please Read (goodWAFFLES)

Sorry but I have to agree with Spade on this one. What the hell is the tech forum used for.....tech! This is the Civic/Del Sol forum and all info should pertain to the Civic/Del Sol.

I'm getting worried about H-T

GLD you da man!!!!!

Old 03-12-2002, 11:56 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: * Attention Members: Please Read (EvilDragII)

So what do you propose, Drag?
Old 03-12-2002, 12:09 PM
Trial User

Default Re: * Attention Members: Please Read (WAFFLES)

keep this forum tech. if you want to see everyone's JDM hatchback, put that junk in the appearance forum.

thanks golo
Old 03-12-2002, 12:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: * Attention Members: Please Read (Phantom)

If you want tech, go to the tech forum.
Old 03-12-2002, 12:17 PM
Trial User

nah this is honda-TECH.com not show-off-your-slow-car.net (aka honda-acura.net)

if i see another picture of a 5th gen HB with black wheels and carbon fiber hood i think I'm gonna puke.

this used to be a completely tech board, now look at what we have.
Old 03-12-2002, 12:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

well ****. lets just drop the site all together. Let's just create one big ******* FAQ board where there are no pics allowed and no fun to be had. I mean why the hell did this forum get broken into many forums and a tech section if each individual forum is meant to be tech only.
Old 03-12-2002, 12:37 PM
Trial User

i believe the "tech" section was for non car-specific tech questions

again, this is honda-tech.com "honda and acura technical resource"

pictures are great for illustrating your tech questions

if yout want teenagers to drool at your civic (that looks exactly like everyone else's except you got the bronze wheels), there is no need for that here - you can do that on superhonda, honda-acura.net or whatever board likes that stuff now. I like to think of this board as something completely different
Old 03-12-2002, 12:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I guess I'm just going to respectfully disagree with you Phantom. nothing personal
Old 03-12-2002, 12:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

well ****. lets just drop the site all together. Let's just create one big ******* FAQ board where there are no pics allowed and no fun to be had. I mean why the hell did this forum get broken into many forums and a tech section if each individual forum is meant to be tech only.
Im with WAFFLES and Spade on this one, When i have a question about my engine i post in the tech forum, when i want to show my fellow civic owners a pic of my car Id like to be able to post it in the Civic forum, If all posts must be tech based then we should just have two forums, tech based and non-tech based, am i right? if and when i post pics up for opinions, Im not looking for opinions from the ACCORD forum guys (no offence) but rather from the ppl who know what looks good on civics. I agree with Waffles when he says "I'm getting worried about H-T"

food for thought

[Modified by 14eight, 9:54 PM 3/12/2002]
Old 03-12-2002, 12:52 PM

I agree completely with GoLow.
Old 03-12-2002, 01:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: * Attention Members: Please Read (delsolguy)

I agree completely with GoLow.

me too.
I am all for pictures if...
1) they pertain to a mod or install and the pics are helpful to go with a step by step you chose to write up for fellow members.
2) they show a part or problem in question that you find difficult to describe in words.
3) they reference something that can only be used fo comparison.... EG chassis code tag vs. EH chassis code stamp... (heh heh )
4) they are pics of an item that you have no idea of what the hell it is, but you want it bad.... Wilwood brakes, CF canards, Resonated testpipes, Rainbrow Bright air fresheners.. oh wait, scrap that last one.
5) um, they are NOT the common "look at my new pics of my car!" pics like that should be in the appearance forum! If you guys did poist them in the appearance forum, then members would go there to see them! But not many of you do, so members have to go to the civic forum to see pics! BAH!
Old 03-12-2002, 01:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: * Attention Members: Please Read (14eight)

Either way, I only visit the Civic forum to see if there is a Technical question that I can answer, if not I meander my butt back to Tech or Kills.

The Mods will do what they want, a privelidge that is very much accepted to me however, there does seem to be a high level of appearence related posts.

The reason they get posted here is because the Appearence forum is very slow and very boring. (My guess)
Old 03-12-2002, 01:51 PM
Trial User

Default Re: * Attention Members: Please Read (owen_the_soyboy)

I am all for pictures if...
1) they pertain to a mod or install and the pics are helpful to go with a step by step you chose to write up for fellow members.
2) they show a part or problem in question that you find difficult to describe in words.
3) they reference something that can only be used fo comparison.... EG chassis code tag vs. EH chassis code stamp... (heh heh )
4) they are pics of an item that you have no idea of what the hell it is, but you want it bad.... Wilwood brakes, CF canards, Resonated testpipes, Rainbrow Bright air fresheners.. oh wait, scrap that last one.
5) um, they are NOT the common "look at my new pics of my car!" pics like that should be in the appearance forum! If you guys did poist them in the appearance forum, then members would go there to see them! But not many of you do, so members have to go to the civic forum to see pics! BAH!
Old 03-12-2002, 02:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I'm in full agreement with GLD.

and guess what...we are the mods

you can agree to disagree...but this is how honda-TECH is going to be, and how dustin wants it to be....you can respectfully go somewhere else if this is not what you are looking for.
Old 03-12-2002, 02:48 PM
Former Moderator

Received 54 Likes on 29 Posts
Default Re: * Attention Members: Please Read (EvilDragII)

Okay, here's my view if you guys care:

I'm all for getting rid of pics if they are JUST for looks, like body kits, new wheels, etc.

The thing is that half the time someone is just posting pics of his or her car it usually ends up in a positive discussion and people learn something from it.

Lots of times someone will spot something tech related and then a tech discussion forms about it.

Case in point? I remember when Jeff462(not sure on that number) posted up pics of his B18C5-powered hatch JUST because he waxed it and ****, and then I got a lot of useful info from it because it showed all sorts of things like a master cylinder brace, AEM for a Type R on the hatch and the Type R collant resevior relocated, etc.

I get tired sometimes too of the tech-less stuff, but this is the general Civic forum. When my car is done being built by me I will post up the pics of the build-up here and hopefully tech help will come from it. It won't be just "look at my shiny paint" or anything - I will try to show the before and after in terms of paint, body, engine, sus, brakes, etc. to show how a build-up looks.

The picture posts are what WE here make of them. 20+ replies just saying "cool" or "" are okay, but I'd prefer to see more questions like "HOW did you get that part?" or "HOW did you get that piece to fit?" etc.

Anyways, perhaps my opinion here isn't as valid because I haven't been here for 500+days, but I like to think that I am a contributuing member here
Old 03-12-2002, 02:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: * Attention Members: Please Read (B18C5-EH2)

The picture posts are what WE here make of them. 20+ replies just saying "cool" or "" are okay, but I'd prefer to see more questions like "HOW did you get that part?" or "HOW did you get that piece to fit?" etc.
I agree with that

I'm not against when someone posts pics of there car when they do something, or finish something....its the "show me pics of black hatches w/ rota circuit8s"

that is DEFINATELY for the appearance forum.
Old 03-12-2002, 03:00 PM

b18c5-eh2:

you have a good point, however, its all repetitive. same crap all day long. what do you guys think of my car...followed by either compliments, or criticism. criticism turns into a flame war. compliments turn into a free post.

please people...try avoiding creating topics just to boost your ego.
Old 03-12-2002, 03:12 PM
Former Moderator

Received 54 Likes on 29 Posts
Default Re: * Attention Members: Please Read (maks)

Oh hell yeah I agree the

"Show me car X with wheels Y" and **** needs to be moved and/or deleted.

What the **** is up lately with the tech posts too? I find it hard to even reply to most of the **** lately because it is covered so much or really is so obscure how the hell do you reply?
Old 03-12-2002, 03:18 PM

true...some crap just doesnt need more than a "cool" or "ok" reply, but then that inspires newbies or p-****** to post.
Old 03-13-2002, 08:28 AM
New User

Default Re: * Attention Members: Please Read (maks)

well we'll be gettin a lot less post ****** because of the removal of the post counts now...so thats a plus.

but i agree, if u wanna show how u put on ur new mod, etc... and it pertains to tech discussion, pics are definitely a good way to visualize it.
plus its a good eye candy and keeps people interested.

Quick Reply: * Attention Members: Please Read