Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

** JDM Recaro Question... DC2 - DC5?

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2003, 02:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ** JDM Recaro Question... DC2 - DC5?

I was wondering what seats you guys think is better, the CTR or DC2 JDM Recaro or the JDM DC5 Recaro. Also is it easy to clean the red ones if they are a little dirty, and if so what would be a good way to clean them? I would like to hear from anyone that has JDM Recaros but anyones opinion or input would be great. Also if anyone has any Red JDM Recaros for sale let mek now. Thanks
Old 10-30-2003, 02:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: ** JDM Recaro Question... DC2 - DC5? (blakcivicsi)

EK9 and DC2 seats are the same recaro SRD. the Ep3 and Dc5 are newer recaros.

most people here will not have DC5 seats in their del sol/eg/ek.

i forgot what most people use to clean their seats, but i think they use just plain soap and water.
Old 10-30-2003, 03:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: ** JDM Recaro Question... DC2 - DC5? (JUN EK9)

Great, thanks for the reply! Also I noticed you said most people don't have the newer (DC5) Recaro's which I have noticed myself, but I was wondering why most people don't have the DC5's and they have the CTR or DC2 ITR JDM Recaro's. Also what seats are better the older or newer DC5 version? Do the new ones hold you in better or vise versa? I'm just trying to get all the info I can so I can pick out a nice pair of seats for my civic. Thanks again for any input.
Old 10-30-2003, 03:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: ** JDM Recaro Question... DC2 - DC5? (blakcivicsi)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by blakcivicsi &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Great, thanks for the reply! Also I noticed you said most people don't have the newer (DC5) Recaro's which I have noticed myself, but I was wondering why most people don't have the DC5's and they have the CTR or DC2 ITR JDM Recaro's. Also what seats are better the older or newer DC5 version? Do the new ones hold you in better or vise versa? I'm just trying to get all the info I can so I can pick out a nice pair of seats for my civic. Thanks again for any input.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I think most people don't have DC5's because they take more work to install into a dc2 integra or ek/eg civic.
Old 10-30-2003, 03:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: ** JDM Recaro Question... DC2 - DC5? (PriMaTe)

DC5 seats arent a direct bolt in for our cars, and the rails need modification, most people wont even go thru the trouble. both seats will hold you in great, it just looks like the DC5 seat is a little wider.
Old 10-30-2003, 03:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: ** JDM Recaro Question... DC2 - DC5? (JUN EK9)

Hey great responses guys. Only other questions I can think of that I've been trying to find out about are... Do the CTR JDM Recaro seats sit much higher or higher at all than the stock civic coupe seats? If so how much higher do they sit and is in uncomfertable? I am asking this becuase I heard from someone a while ago that those brackets sit higher than stock. Also if they do sit higher do the JDM ITR brackets sit lower. I know they don't fit the same in a civic but I heard they will still bolt up except only 3 out of the 4 bolts line up correctly. Thanks again guys, great posts.