Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

***How To Get Rid Of Raspiness???***

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2008, 05:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ***How To Get Rid Of Raspiness???***

I had a 3" mandrel bent downpipe back exhaust put on my car, just the piping, no cat, resonator, or muffler. Before with just the open dp, it sounded great it was just way to loud in the car. Now it sounds great tone wise until about 4000rpm's then the bee's are unleashed and it sounds like absolute ****.

My question is, what exactly should i get that will just get rid of the raspiness. Resonator, glasspack, muffler(if so what kind, chambered, straight through, etc.), and/or a tip.

The exhaust was custom made and done right. I had it done by Bodie's who does all of Lingenfelter's exhaust, so there is no question in the quality of work.

The car it was put on is in my sig.

Thanks in advance guys!
Old 01-27-2008, 05:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Get a resonator, or possibly a vibrant muffler also, they're supposed to have a deep sound in place of the raspiness.
Old 01-27-2008, 06:25 PM

Default Re: (z6hatchboy)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by z6hatchboy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Get a resonator, or possibly a vibrant muffler also, they're supposed to have a deep sound in place of the raspiness.</TD></TR></TABLE> +1 on that one I'm running a vibrant muffler with 2.5 piping and it doesn't sound raspy and has a really nice deep tone.
Old 01-28-2008, 07:36 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (ejoner)

sweet thanks
Old 01-28-2008, 11:57 AM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Default Re: ***How To Get Rid Of Raspiness???*** (22's and Man *****)

I think I saw you drivin that HOOPTY around town...Im pretty sure I saw you gettin whipped by a 1989 wagovan...Anyway, your car sounded like ****...I know a dude that has a ractive muffler for sale, if you want I can see how much he is asking...Its peobably only like $200 or so, i dunno tho might be more like $250 or something, ill find out if you want brra...I think there is something wrong with you hood or something too, it looked like it was painted black to look like carbon fiber or something, hum kinda gay...Oh yeah does your car, aka the beast as you call it, have 13in steelies on it?! WOW that must take some skill to control 415whp's with those steelies...what the hell kinda tires you runnin on dat?...I need to get me some of those bad dogs...Hey dude I have a ? for you, you look like the same dude I'v seen runnin around on a ninja 250 tryin to stunt it up...is that you dude? I couldnt tell for sure if it was you tho cuz you had some wack *** helmet on, kinda like a fire breathing dragon or something...Are you into to Dragon Ball Z or something, I hope not that would be kinda GAY... ... My buddy has been talking mad **** man, he has a 4 door dx, you might seen it around it has a custom paint up on it kinda has a purple tint to it...He keeps telling me he will smoke your **** hard...So if your not a little bitch and wanna race let me know...

B===D~~~
Old 01-28-2008, 12:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: ***How To Get Rid Of Raspiness???*** (BUCK_NASTY)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by BUCK_NASTY &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I think I saw you drivin that HOOPTY around town...Im pretty sure I saw you gettin whipped by a 1989 wagovan...Anyway, your car sounded like ****...I know a dude that has a ractive muffler for sale, if you want I can see how much he is asking...Its peobably only like $200 or so, i dunno tho might be more like $250 or something, ill find out if you want brra...I think there is something wrong with you hood or something too, it looked like it was painted black to look like carbon fiber or something, hum kinda gay...Oh yeah does your car, aka the beast as you call it, have 13in steelies on it?! WOW that must take some skill to control 415whp's with those steelies...what the hell kinda tires you runnin on dat?...I need to get me some of those bad dogs...Hey dude I have a ? for you, you look like the same dude I'v seen runnin around on a ninja 250 tryin to stunt it up...is that you dude? I couldnt tell for sure if it was you tho cuz you had some wack *** helmet on, kinda like a fire breathing dragon or something...Are you into to Dragon Ball Z or something, I hope not that would be kinda GAY... ... My buddy has been talking mad **** man, he has a 4 door dx, you might seen it around it has a custom paint up on it kinda has a purple tint to it...He keeps telling me he will smoke your **** hard...So if your not a little bitch and wanna race let me know...

B===D~~~</TD></TR></TABLE>

LOL WTF?
Old 01-28-2008, 12:03 PM
memoryFAB.com representative

a cat(even high flow) and or a resonator will help as would a real cat back! for indiana
Old 01-28-2008, 12:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: ***How To Get Rid Of Raspiness???*** (marcusgnf)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by BUCK_NASTY &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I think I saw you drivin that HOOPTY around town...Im pretty sure I saw you gettin whipped by a 1989 wagovan...Anyway, your car sounded like ****...I know a dude that has a ractive muffler for sale, if you want I can see how much he is asking...Its peobably only like $200 or so, i dunno tho might be more like $250 or something, ill find out if you want brra...I think there is something wrong with you hood or something too, it looked like it was painted black to look like carbon fiber or something, hum kinda gay...Oh yeah does your car, aka the beast as you call it, have 13in steelies on it?! WOW that must take some skill to control 415whp's with those steelies...what the hell kinda tires you runnin on dat?...I need to get me some of those bad dogs...Hey dude I have a ? for you, you look like the same dude I'v seen runnin around on a ninja 250 tryin to stunt it up...is that you dude? I couldnt tell for sure if it was you tho cuz you had some wack *** helmet on, kinda like a fire breathing dragon or something...Are you into to Dragon Ball Z or something, I hope not that would be kinda GAY... ... My buddy has been talking mad **** man, he has a 4 door dx, you might seen it around it has a custom paint up on it kinda has a purple tint to it...He keeps telling me he will smoke your **** hard...So if your not a little bitch and wanna race let me know...

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by marcusgnf &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

LOL WTF?</TD></TR></TABLE>

WTF?
Old 01-28-2008, 12:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: ***How To Get Rid Of Raspiness???*** (EL MIGGZ)

What in the Virgin Mary is going on here.....
Old 01-28-2008, 12:37 PM

Default Re: ***How To Get Rid Of Raspiness???*** (laziebun)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by laziebun &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

What in the Virgin Mary is going on here.....</TD></TR></TABLE>

That's the deconstruction and abomination we call the "English"language.
Old 01-28-2008, 01:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Two resonators, back to back, will really shut up the rasp and leave you with a low droning hum.
Old 01-28-2008, 06:42 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Default Re: ***How To Get Rid Of Raspiness???*** (slacks)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by slacks &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

That's the deconstruction and abomination we call the "English"language. </TD></TR></TABLE>

IT WAS A JOKE I KNOW THE OP...LOL
Old 01-28-2008, 07:43 PM
Ek Forever y0!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Start with one resonator.

I got a 16" resonator installed for $36 at my local muffler shop. Parts included.

Old 01-28-2008, 07:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: ***How To Get Rid Of Raspiness???*** (ek forever guy)

personally i would still run no cat as it will rob all of your flow and power from the turbo. just throw a couple resonators on and call it a day. everyone likes the sound of the spool and BOV more then the loud shitty exhaust tone.

your car is boosted right?? or did i read it completely wrong?
Old 01-28-2008, 08:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (ejoner)

You don't want 2.5 inch piping on a 415whp civic -- you will have moderate HP/TQ loses all around if you do that. 3 inch is good, but you want a resonator, yes.
Old 01-28-2008, 08:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

lol, you bastard, don't be hatin on the 250 or my sweet *** rims soon to be wal mart spinnered out and the hood that i'm to lazy to repaint... or i could just buy all new ****, but bein paul walker of this town ain't ez bruh... u gotta hear this thing, i don't know how the expletive it sounds so bad, but only when it hits vtec...

but yes it is turbo'd on 15lbs, with a ported and polished, so there is definitly some air movin through there
Old 01-28-2008, 08:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (ke98248)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ke98248 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">You don't want 2.5 inch piping on a 415whp civic -- you will have moderate HP/TQ loses all around if you do that. 3 inch is good, but you want a resonator, yes. </TD></TR></TABLE>
yessir. definately wanna be running a 3" downpipe back exhaust with like 2 resonators. I know they make a universal apexi WS2 turbo app muffler that has a 3" inlet and 4.5" outlet... pretty dope IMO for a sleeper and quiet turbo exhaust.that w/ 3" pipe and 1 resonator would be the ****.

heres the link to that muffler. pretty cheap also.

http://www.raceinspired.com/p-....aspx
Old 01-28-2008, 08:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (93egSLEEPER)

bad ***, didn't know they made a universal turbo muffler... so about the resonators, is it possible to have to big of a resonator, or is more better?
Old 01-28-2008, 08:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (22's and Man *****)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 22’s and Man ***** &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">bad ***, didn't know they made a universal turbo muffler... so about the resonators, is it possible to have to big of a resonator, or is more better?</TD></TR></TABLE>
i know a guy with that muffler and it is pretty sick... when i boost thats what im getting. he used that w/ 3" downpipe back piping and a 15" 3"inlet/outlet glasspack and no cat and it sounds nice. deep tone and pretty quiet. only cost him about 350 once it was all said and done.
Old 01-28-2008, 08:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

a glasspack and the ws2 or a resonator and the ws2
Old 01-28-2008, 08:36 PM
GO GIANTS!

LMAO
Old 01-28-2008, 08:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (22's and Man *****)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 22’s and Man ***** &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">a glasspack and the ws2 or a resonator and the ws2</TD></TR></TABLE>

a glasspack and resonator will work very similar... the glass pack will give it a lil bit more tone then having a resonator to just make it quieter.
Old 01-28-2008, 08:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

k just wanted to make sure lol, thanks for the help
Old 01-28-2008, 08:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I used a magnaflow 22in. resonator on my ebay n1 copy setup. No raspiness. Very pleasant. Sounds smooth through the whole rpm range.
Old 01-28-2008, 08:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (pearl95sc)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 22’s and Man ***** &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">k just wanted to make sure lol, thanks for the help</TD></TR></TABLE>

no problem bro. GL

Quick Reply: ***How To Get Rid Of Raspiness???***