Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

***ATTN - All CALIFORNIA Residents!***

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2003, 08:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ***ATTN - All CALIFORNIA Residents!***

All you guys might want to try this - " http://forums.anandtech.com/messagev...71&STARTPAGE=1 "

i'm gonna do it soon myself and letcha know what the deally yahurd meh!!

[Modified by rickske, 5:30 AM 1/14/2003]
Old 01-13-2003, 09:53 PM

Default Re: ***ATTN - All CALIFORNIA Residents!*** (rickske)

wtf is this? george foreman grill???
Old 01-13-2003, 10:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I'll mail a few Postcards hehe =P free stuff is always good
Old 01-13-2003, 10:06 PM

Default Re: ***ATTN - All CALIFORNIA Residents!*** (IM ALL BOB)

I'll mail a few Postcards hehe =P free stuff is always good
oh it's free? next time i'll read more thoroughly
Old 01-13-2003, 10:14 PM

This is just begging for telemarketing phone calls...Send your adress and phone # and we will bug you all day.
Old 01-13-2003, 10:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: ***ATTN - All CALIFORNIA Residents!*** (ThunderLips)

then send the info of someone u hate or get the TELEZAPPER

[Modified by IM ALL BOB, 11:22 PM 1/13/2003]
Old 01-13-2003, 11:33 PM

that is old stuff...........

my brother already got 5 of those suckers already.......
Old 01-13-2003, 11:44 PM

Default Re: ***ATTN - All CALIFORNIA Residents!*** (intezn)

that is old stuff...........

my brother already got 5 of those suckers already.......
jus wanted to give some "cali luv" to any honda-tech members. if they do telemarket your *** then my bad.
Old 01-14-2003, 12:38 AM

How long does this offer last for?
Old 01-14-2003, 12:44 AM

Default Re: ***ATTN - All CALIFORNIA Residents!*** (hatchback)

i'm assuming that this is still goin on but what do you have to lose except 50 cents for a postcard and stamp? anyhow, here are some of FREE items you can get: (sorry for the long text........)

By Looper at FW:

Here's a summary of all the California freebies out there. I know all this information is scattered in different threads, but I thought it would be good to summarize in one thread. If you know these are expired or there are new ones, please let me know and I will keep this thread updated.

All of these freebies are one per household. Send in a 3x5 card in a normal envelope. Or, you can buy the $0.23 post cards at the PO for $0.25 which includes postage. The reason Californians only can get this is because of some state law that says that you can't require a purchase (i.e. signup to a club) to get the gift.

If anyone out there knows the actual California law/statute that requires these companies to give these to us for free, please PM me or reply to this post.

Update: It might be this law:
Specific Marketing Practices Prohibited

Business and Professions Code section 17537.2 declares the following specific marketing practices to be deceptive and to constitute unfair trade practices:

Requesting the recipient to pay any money, for any purpose, to any person named or referred to in the offer, in order to "utilize" the incentive. (Bus. & Prof. Code, §17537.2(a).)

There are recent reports of receiving the CD Player, the Cuisinart, the crappy PDA, the bond, and the grill.

$100 Free Gas:
please send in a 3-x 5-inch postcard with your name, mailing address, apartment number, city, state, and zip. Send to: AV Product $100 Gas, 100 Connecticut Avenue, Norwalk, CT 06851. Please allow four to six weeks for delivery.
Comments: Vouchers will be delivered to you for specific months. You keep your receipts, then send them in with the voucher. 6-8 weeks later, you get a cheque. At the same time, you must pat your head and rub your tummy and say "Abracadabra, give me my free gas"

$50 Savings bond:
To receive the form to send for your $50 Savings Bond, with no obligation to join Clever Clubhouse, please send in a 3.5" x 5" postcard with your name, mailing address, apt. number, city, state and zip. Please include code: AGN32SBNI . Send to: Clever Clubhouse, C/O USA Fulfillment, P.O. BOX 4813, Chestertown, MD 21690-4813. Please allow four to six weeks for delivery of your $50 Savings Bond once we receive the signed request form you'll receive by mail.
Comments: No one has received this yet. They'll probably require a SS#

Portable CD player:
Please send in a 3- x 5-inch postcard with your name, mailing address, apt number, city, state and zip. Please include code: PCDPLAYER12. Send to: CompleteHome, C/O USA Fulfillment, PO BOX 4813, Chestertown, MD 21690-4813. Please allow four to six weeks for delivery.
Comments: Everyone seems to get this one fast. It's made by JWIN and if your basic CD player

Touchscreen organizer:
please send in a 3- by 5-inch postcard with your name, mailing address, apt. number, city, state, and zip. Please include code: PTSCREEN52. Send to: Shoppers Advantage, C/O USA Fulfillment, P.O. Box 4813, Chestertown, MD 21690-4813. Please allow four to six weeks for delivery
Comments: Apparently this thing is crap, but maybe someone at the Salvation Army will like it. Ok update: I just got it. It's worse then crap. It's not worth a stamp. Really, it is not worth a stamp.

Mini Cuisanart food chopper:
please send in a 3- by 5-inch postcard with your name, mailing address, apt. number, city, state, and zip. Send to: Shoppers Advantage C/O USA Fullfillment P.O. Box 4813 Chestertown, MD. 21690-4813 The Code is: PCUISFD32 Allow 4 to 6 weeks for delivery
Comments: People have received this

Digital Pen Camera:
please send in a 3- by 5-inch postcard with your name, mailing address, apt. number, city, state, and zip. Send to: Shoppers Advantage C/O USA Fullfillment P.O. Box 4813 Chestertown, MD. 21690-4813 The Code is: CAMDGT Allow 4 to 6 weeks for delivery
Comments: People have received this. It's got 640x480 resolution and takes 26 shots. No flash.

WebCam:
please send in a 3- by 5-inch postcard with your name, mailing address, apt. number, city, state, and zip. Send to: Healthsaver C/O USA Fullfillment P.O. Box 4813 Chestertown, MD. 21690-4813 The Code is: WEBCAM Allow 4 to 6 weeks for delivery
Comments: People have received this. It's round and good for a webcam, but terrible for stills. 640x480. No flash. Apparently not as good as the pen webcam for stills. 26 shots.

George Foreman Grill:
please send in a 3- x 5-inch postcard with your name, mailing address, apt number, city, state and zip. Please include code: GFGRILL. Send to: CompleteHome, C/O USA Fulfillment, PO BOX 4813, Chestertown, MD 21690-4813. Please allow four to six weeks for delivery.
Comments: People have received this but it takes a while

Free Credit Report
To receive the form to send for your Credit Report, with no obligation to join PrivacyGuard, please send in a 3- X 5-inch post card with your name, mailing address, apt. number, city, state and zip. Please include code: FCREDITR. Send to: PrivacyGuard, C/O USA Fulfillment, P.O. BOX 4813, Chestertown, MD 21690-4813. Please allow four to six weeks for delivery of your Free Credit Report once we receive the signed request form you'll receive by mail.

Free organizer (not touch screen)
Electronic organizer. Address is: Netmarket c/o USA Fullfillment, PO Box 4813, Cherstertown, MD 21690-4813 Enclose code: EORG

Goldmember DVD
To receive the premium, with no obligation to join this service, please send in a 3- x 5-inch postcard with your name, mailing address, apt number, city, state and zip. Please include code: GLDMEM. Send to: TravelsDirect, C/O USA Fulfillment, PO BOX 4813, Chestertown, MD 21690-4813. Please allow four to six weeks for delivery. Only one Premium per household."

Free Walkie Talkies
To receive the premium, with no obligation to join the service, please send in 3.5 by 5-inch postcard with your name, mailing address, apt. number, city, state, and zip. Please include code: WALKIET. Send to: AutoVantage, c/o USA Fulfillment, P.O. Box 4813, Chestertown, MD 21690-4813. Please allow four to six weeks for delivery. Only one premium per household

Free $25 NetMarket credit
Send in a 3.5- by 5-inch postcard with your name, mailing address, apt. number, city, state, and zip. Please include code: $25SHPREB. Send to: Netmarket, C/O USA Fulfillment, PO Box 4813, Chestertown, MD 21690-4813. Please allow four to six weeks for delivery. Only one premium per household. Good while supplies last. Netmarket reserves the right to end this promotion without any notice.
Comments: Not quite sure what the $25 credit is for. This is from the web link I found: You are entitled to $25 off any one purchase through Netmarket. If the purchase price, including taxes and shipping, totals less than $25, the merchandise will be free, with no refund for the price difference. If your purchase totals $25 or more, $25 will be immediately deducted from the purchase price.

"Use your merchandise credits INSTANTLY toward these brand-name manufacturers BLACK & DECKER, BRAUN, SEIKO, NIKON, OLYMPUS, HOOVER, BROIL KING, BROTHER, CHEF'S CHOICE, TDK, MAXELL, CUISINART, DREMEL, FARBERWARE, FISHER-PRICE, KODAK, GAME CUBE, COLEMAN, KITCHENAID, GAMEBOY, NIKE, ...and many more "

I realize FW (F@twallet) is a banned word. I'm new and could someone please point me to the history of the anandtech/fw relationship. What did fw do to deserve being banned? I'm not defending them I would just like to know what exactly happened. Thanks....

Kilroy
Old 01-14-2003, 01:43 AM

oh, what the hell. i'm in a rented apt for a year, after that, they can plague me with all the junk mail they want! hook me up!
Old 01-14-2003, 04:38 AM

Default Re: ***ATTN - All CALIFORNIA Residents!*** (edrop27)

nothing is ever free.. theres always a catch
Old 01-14-2003, 05:59 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the george foreman grill is awesome. Me and my girl just had steaks last night that we cooked on it.
Old 01-14-2003, 08:31 AM

Default Re: ***ATTN - All CALIFORNIA Residents!*** (autoEXturbo)

My mom and in-laws live in Cali. I'm gonna try it with her adress, then my in-laws adress.
Old 01-14-2003, 09:07 AM
Future Texas Boy

wrong fawking forum!
Old 01-14-2003, 10:54 AM

Default Re: ***ATTN - All CALIFORNIA Residents!*** (vtecvoodoo)

wrong fawking forum!
my bad. can you move it then. thanks.