Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

"Simple Green & Vinegar" Trick???????

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2003, 01:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default "Simple Green & Vinegar" Trick???????

I saw a post somewhere else on a board about making your headlights look brand new using simplegreen and vinegar... Has anyone else heard this? Does it work?

If so...

I would like to know how it is done... (How to mix...How to apply) ...my headlights arent really bad but they look extremely dull beside my euro corner lenses.

See for yourself...
Old 06-28-2003, 01:45 PM
memoryFAB.com representative

Default Re: "Simple Green & Vinegar" Trick??????? (ninety3EX)

A) ditch the "euro" corners B) try rain X.. its worked for my 96 headlights
Old 06-28-2003, 02:10 PM

Default Re: "Simple Green & Vinegar" Trick??????? (spock_rocker)

Why ditch the corners?
Old 06-28-2003, 02:10 PM

Default Re: "Simple Green & Vinegar" Trick??????? (spock_rocker)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by spock_rocker &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">B) try rain X.. its worked for my 96 headlights</TD></TR></TABLE>

maybe yours were just really dirty.
Old 06-28-2003, 03:30 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Why ditch the corners?</TD></TR></TABLE>

cuz there wack! get some vision corners...
Old 06-28-2003, 04:18 PM

Default Re: "Simple Green & Vinegar" Trick??????? (EK-TUNED)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by EK-TUNED &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

cuz there wack! get some vision corners...</TD></TR></TABLE>

yeah and be like everyone while your at it get some rotas, a b series swap and everything else that everyone else has and dont do your car how you like it just try to impress the "jdm stunnas",

dont loose the corners if you dont want to, i have heard vinneger works but i dont know about simple green, sorry for bein a dick but all people say anymore is "jdm this and jdm that" do it how YOU want it and dont care what other people think.

have a nice day
Old 06-28-2003, 04:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 52 Likes on 46 Posts

well it's never going to be as clear as the corners because obviously the headlight has a prismatic pattern while those corners don't.
Old 06-28-2003, 04:30 PM

Default Re: "Simple Green & Vinegar" Trick??????? (4inspeed)

I'm with u on that one. "Hey let's get vision corners and jump on the JDM bandwagon" I love visions but not cuz their "JDM".. cuz I like em.
Old 06-28-2003, 04:36 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 4inspeed &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

yeah and be like everyone while your at it get some rotas, a b series swap and everything else that everyone else has and dont do your car how you like it just try to impress the "jdm stunnas",

</TD></TR></TABLE>

Amen to that brotha!!! I'm soooo sick of people telling you to do what they want only because it's "in" right now. If he likes rockin' the euros then let him rock 'em. The hell with the bandwagon I say!!! Do what appeals to you. To each their own is my motto!!!
Old 06-28-2003, 05:45 PM

i just never liked those crystal clear corners ..they dont go with the stock headlights for nothin
Old 06-28-2003, 06:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (JdMCiviCCupE)

those corners are gay get any other kind.period.
Old 06-28-2003, 06:13 PM
Solbros Owns Me

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Re: (MonKey Magic SOHC)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by MonKey Magic SOHC &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">those corners are gay get any other kind.period.</TD></TR></TABLE>

um, you're gay

To answer your question, you'll need to pull apart the head light glass from the assembly, and clean the inside of the glass and interior parts
Old 06-28-2003, 06:14 PM

Default Re: (MonKey Magic SOHC)

AMEN to all them jdmhaters!! that **** is old and ugly right? its bad enough that our cars are from another country.. don't get me wrong i love em esp. my rex!! but we don't have to waste MAD money converting our front ends.. and buying black rims and ORange corners and all that dumb **** that makes every car look the same.. front lips?? them ***** are fugly? you guys !

oh btw on my old car i buffed them out with a buffer :- )make them nice and shiny
Old 06-28-2003, 06:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 4inspeed &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

dont loose the corners if you dont want to, i have heard vinneger works but i dont know about simple green, sorry for bein a dick but all people say anymore is "jdm this and jdm that" do it how YOU want it and dont care what other people think.

have a nice day </TD></TR></TABLE>

I agree 100%. Do what you like. I'm not a big fan of the euro lights myself, I prefer stock, but to each his own. I do things that aren't so trendy also.
Old 06-28-2003, 07:34 PM
JV
Who?

Default Re: "Simple Green & Vinegar" Trick??????? (RyanCivic2000)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by RyanCivic2000 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I do things that aren't so trendy also.</TD></TR></TABLE>

You own a Honda don't you? That's pretty trendy these days...

Old 06-28-2003, 07:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: "Simple Green & Vinegar" Trick??????? (JV)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JV &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

You own a Honda don't you? That's pretty trendy these days...

</TD></TR></TABLE>

I didn't say I didn't do things that are trendy too. I just do what I like best. Honestly, Honda might not be my choice if I had more money.
Old 06-28-2003, 08:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

simple green just removes all the grime thats on the lense...the vinegar removes the simple green

rinse w/ water

it does work
Old 06-28-2003, 08:12 PM
JV
Who?

Default Re: "Simple Green & Vinegar" Trick??????? (RyanCivic2000)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by RyanCivic2000 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I didn't say I didn't do things that are trendy too. I just do what I like best. </TD></TR></TABLE>

As do most of us on here. Some are just more closeminded then others.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by RyanCivic2000 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Honestly, Honda might not be my choice if I had more money.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Tell me about it...
Old 06-28-2003, 08:29 PM

you can do whatever mods you want. the euro corners are stupid looking and your headlights will never come close to looking as shiny and clear, but its your style, dont be like everyoen else and get vision corners, just cuz people talk **** to you about your lights. but... BUT... id seriously put things in perspective here;

youve got a white rear view mirror on your passenger side, a black front bumper, a shitty paint job, and donuts (probably all around) on crappy tires. Why are you worrying about the headlights? bling bling lights dont make a difference with a car that has more colors than the rainbow on it. get the bumper and rear view mirror painted, and get some decent tires/wheels, then worry about something as trivial as your headlights. have you tried superhonda.com lately? you might find a few friends there, just some advice.
Old 06-28-2003, 09:17 PM

I buffed my headlights, and they turned out much better.
Old 06-28-2003, 09:26 PM
ERA

Default Re: (Kyoji)

I like how this threat turned into a haterfest. Who cares? Really? I think all he asked was how to use simple green and vinegar on his headlights, right? ****, let me read it again to check......

To the guy trying to clean his headlights Do your thing.
Old 06-28-2003, 10:16 PM

Default Re: (delslo26)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by delslo26 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I like how this threat turned into a haterfest. Who cares? Really? I think all he asked was how to use simple green and vinegar on his headlights, right? ****, let me read it again to check......

To the guy trying to clean his headlights Do your thing.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Honda-Tech at its best! lol

Good luck with the lights. I say just clean them with dawn dishwashing liquid that should work good.
Old 06-28-2003, 10:47 PM

Default Re: (hatchback)

http://www.procarparts.com/sto...-HLCL

nope its not JDM, but the overall look is very effective. They are high quality parts as well, no leaks or fogging. The lights dispersement is just as good if not better than stock. Pretty good price too.

I have eard of the simplegreen/vinegar trick...dont know specifics though. I just posted that, because the headlight lens is euro clear as well. It also has some JDM touch with the black housing. I like it well enough. Big improvement over stock.
Old 06-28-2003, 11:11 PM
bey
Honda-Tech Member

dammm.. black housing looks nice.. ... those things look nice.. but.. ..i don't want to waste money on it unless mines are broken...
Old 06-28-2003, 11:14 PM
bey
Honda-Tech Member

damm.. they only cost $150.. wow.. are u sure they are not shitty and stuff..

Quick Reply: "Simple Green & Vinegar" Trick???????