Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

the "JDM Slant"

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2007, 05:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default the "JDM Slant"

ok guys im looking for a cat-back system for my eg and im looking for one that is made with a jdm slant...been looking for a few hours and cannot find one...the thing is i do not know of any distros that make these...and i dont want to bend one myself even though i can...anyone know of any distros with these? thanks alot!
Old 05-29-2007, 06:09 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: the "JDM Slant" (VTEC_PRODUCTION)

dont know what im talking about??? ok here looks like this...

http://s65.photobucket.com/alb...t.flv

just to give you an idea...
Old 05-29-2007, 06:11 AM

Default Re: the "JDM Slant" (VTEC_PRODUCTION)

i think that's what they did. just take it to a muffler shop and say, hey, i want that jdm slant yo. they will know whats up.
Old 05-29-2007, 06:13 AM
Ek Forever y0!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Re: the "JDM Slant" (Mr.EM1_EK)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Mr.EM1_EK &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i think that's what they did. just take it to a muffler shop and say, hey, i want that jdm slant yo. they will know whats up.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Very few exhausts come slanted.

Take it to a muffler shop.
Old 05-29-2007, 06:16 AM

Default Re: the "JDM Slant" (ek forever guy)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ek forever guy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Very few exhausts come slanted.

Take it to a muffler shop.
</TD></TR></TABLE>
thatswhat im saying, i dont think i have ever seen one. personally i really don't care for it.
Old 05-29-2007, 06:17 AM

slanted exhaust on fwd is retarded
Old 05-29-2007, 06:23 AM

Default Re: (94typeR)

hey hey be nice now.... if he likes slanted then let him be.... he just wants a different look .
Old 05-29-2007, 06:26 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (lucky4586)

I'll have one that i will be selling in about 3 weeks...pm me for more info
Old 05-29-2007, 06:29 AM
NTX

Default Re: (patrickd_21)

see a bunch of ricers with this
Old 05-29-2007, 06:29 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (patrickd_21)

hks hi power
Old 05-29-2007, 06:37 AM

Default Re: (AllMtorEg)

correct if i am wrong but i think the old apexi N1 have an upward slant to them, but the ones in production now do not, and like the guy before said the hks hi power definitely slants, but the piping goes under the rearend so you have to be careful if your car is low
Old 05-29-2007, 06:58 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (AllMtorEg)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by AllMtorEg &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">hks hi power </TD></TR></TABLE>

x2, and apexi n1 come in the slanted design. But going to a muffler shop is the best way to go. Looks nice, but very flash and eye catching to the five-o, you'll be noticed much more by the cops and get pulled over. Thats what happened to me crusin at 25mph, with a slanted apexi n1 exhaust on my eg6 2 years ago, cop pulled me over asked if I had a silencer, long story short, ended up getting a ref ticket and trading my car for another honda.
Old 05-29-2007, 07:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (VTECth1s)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by VTECth1s &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

x2, and apexi n1 come in the slanted design. But going to a muffler shop is the best way to go. Looks nice, but very flash and eye catching to the five-o, you'll be noticed much more by the cops and get pulled over. Thats what happened to me crusin at 25mph, with a slanted apexi n1 exhaust on my eg6 2 years ago, cop pulled me over asked if I had a silencer, long story short, ended up getting a ref ticket and trading my car for another honda.</TD></TR></TABLE>

whats a ref ticket? i live in michigan so i dont worry too much about the black and white since they let alot go and there are few around...
Old 05-29-2007, 07:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (VTEC_PRODUCTION)

Yeah you dont have to worry about any of that **** here in MI. Ive had my exhaust for about 6 months, and its loud as hell. I go cruising by cops all the time and still have yet to be pulled over because it is too loud.
Old 05-29-2007, 07:41 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Taimaishui14)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Taimaishui14 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Yeah you dont have to worry about any of that **** here in MI. Ive had my exhaust for about 6 months, and its loud as hell. I go cruising by cops all the time and still have yet to be pulled over because it is too loud. </TD></TR></TABLE>

what the hell dude i got pulled over in mount pleasant and they gave me a ticket on my 4 door and i had 2 mufflers on that bitch...cops are gay there because they have what is it 7 departments? but i go to central and live in saginaw in the summer
Old 05-29-2007, 07:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Taimaishui14)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Taimaishui14 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Yeah you dont have to worry about any of that **** here in MI. Ive had my exhaust for about 6 months, and its loud as hell. I go cruising by cops all the time and still have yet to be pulled over because it is too loud. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Don't be too cocky lol, cause eventually you will get pulled over, and cops will catch on to the JDM scene, etc very soon, or probably already have and just waiting for the right time to snag you off guard.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by VTEC_PRODUCTION &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

whats a ref ticket? i live in michigan so i dont worry too much about the black and white since they let alot go and there are few around...</TD></TR></TABLE>

A ticket you recieve from a cop in regards to your engine/vehicle having questionable mechanical parts that may or may not be legal to use in the state of CA or U.S., which then you must have your car smogged to see if it passes CA emissions law at a designated shop referred by the police. The process sucks! which makes you either sell or trade your honda, or if your confident enough and don't want to part with it, then you can change parts around to make the car legal and pass smog and you'll be given a cerfiticate that your car is legal to drive in the state of CA or any state that you currently reside in.
Old 05-29-2007, 08:11 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (john.d)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by john.d &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">see a bunch of ricers with this </TD></TR></TABLE>

hmm not around here... ricers usually just bend there stock exhaust tips around here lol... it actually looks pretty clean if u do it right.. i didnt agree wether i wanted to bend to the left or to the right so i just slanted mine so it comes out aiming up just a tad.. i didnt do it to much cuz if u overdo it, it can look like **** IMO... u judge, but i dont think it looks bad an none of my friends ever talked **** so its w/e.. an BTW i got it done like that at a local exhaust shop for 20 bucks...

Old 05-29-2007, 08:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (JDM_SOHC)

Just run your exhaust straight back and go under the gas tank and rear LCA. That will give you the jdm slant you are looking for.
Otherwise it is straight because where it goes over the LCA in the rear on a oem setup.
Old 05-29-2007, 09:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (sauceja)

HKS Hi-Power, the older Apexi N1's, and the RSR GT2. All good exhausts, and all are slanted, so take your pick. I have the GT2 and love it. Some like the slant, some don't. To each his own.
Old 05-29-2007, 09:57 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (neocrynym)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by neocrynym &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">HKS Hi-Power, the older Apexi N1's, and the RSR GT2. All good exhausts, and all are slanted, so take your pick. I have the GT2 and love it. Some like the slant, some don't. To each his own.</TD></TR></TABLE>

i agree, i have the RSR GT2 and love as well, if goes under the center of the car with no bends until the end where it bends to exit the stock bumper cutout

RSR GT2

APEXI N1
Old 05-29-2007, 12:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (2coupes)

i have an N1, they come with the piping i believe to make'm slant like that, but mine was cut off about 3" behind where the muffler connects to the exhaust piping.. than i just had custom exhaust made an threw it together like i did...
Old 05-29-2007, 12:50 PM
H-T White Ops

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts
Default Re: (VTECth1s)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by VTECth1s &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Don't be too cocky lol, cause eventually you will get pulled over, and cops will catch on to the JDM scene, etc very soon, or probably already have and just waiting for the right time to snag you off guard.

A ticket you recieve from a cop in regards to your engine/vehicle having questionable mechanical parts that may or may not be legal to use in the state of CA or U.S., which then you must have your car smogged to see if it passes CA emissions law at a designated shop referred by the police. The process sucks! which makes you either sell or trade your honda, or if your confident enough and don't want to part with it, then you can change parts around to make the car legal and pass smog and you'll be given a cerfiticate that your car is legal to drive in the state of CA or any state that you currently reside in.</TD></TR></TABLE>
I'm not sure if California residents realize this, but there is not a huge import scene in most parts of the US. It's not even comparable to some of the things that happen out in California. In fact, many states don't have enough people in the import community (that can be gathered together by means of a website or friends or such) to even form a meet.
Old 05-29-2007, 12:57 PM
GO GIANTS!

Default Re: (NOFX)

I have the Apexi N1 cat-back on my Ek Coupe and I love it. Not to loud not to wraspy. It is angled. Also the Megan Racing one is and that exhaust has a very very nice sound and look to it. Best part it its under $280 dollars.
Old 05-29-2007, 12:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (NOFX)

I have the HKS hi-power. (It was on already when I bought the car.) First of all I didn't even know there was a "JDM" slant I thought it was just ****** crooked but didnt care enough to did anything about it. Second of all, that f'in thing is way too loud so I don't reccomend getting one.
Old 05-29-2007, 01:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (94typeR)

I didnt know that slanted on RWD makes a difference? If so, can you atest to this? I didnt understand what you meant about it being retarded on FWD cars.

Quick Reply: the "JDM Slant"