Honda Civic (2016 - Current) 10th Generation Civic Forum Civic / Si / Type-R Discussions

Assistance needed: 2017 Civic Si Audio Head unit wiring diagram

Old 02-13-2019, 02:13 PM
Trial User

Default Assistance needed: 2017 Civic Si Audio Head unit wiring diagram

I am currently doing a subwoofer and amp install on my 2017 civic si, I've got my line out converter and have decided that I'm going to use the rear speakers to tap into, I'm currently trying to find a reliable diagram for the back of the headunit so I can find the correct remote wire to tap into. I can't seem to find any help about this on google and have kind of given up. Also, does anyone know if this car has a separate factory amp location or is it just the headunit itself that is the amp. I just want some answers so I can proceed with my build. Thank you in advance to any that can assist..
Old 02-13-2019, 02:31 PM

Default Re: Assistance needed: 2017 Civic Si Audio Head unit wiring diagram

Originally Posted by austinjodell View Post
I am currently doing a subwoofer and amp install on my 2017 civic si, I've got my line out converter and have decided that I'm going to use the rear speakers to tap into, I'm currently trying to find a reliable diagram for the back of the headunit so I can find the correct remote wire to tap into. I can't seem to find any help about this on google and have kind of given up. Also, does anyone know if this car has a separate factory amp location or is it just the headunit itself that is the amp. I just want some answers so I can proceed with my build. Thank you in advance to any that can assist..
Toy may name too set of a Helms manual is available to find something that specific (you'll never find that on Google, sorry) or check manuals from kenwood, pioneer, etc. from their respective sites.

From what i can see from my 2017 SI, there's no separate amp located anywhere within the cabin. But that doesn't leave it the boot area. You're going to have to do some pulling apart to find it. But so far from what i can tell, (or care enough to.), there is no separate amp
Old 02-16-2019, 09:28 AM
Global Moderator

There is a separate stereo amplifier, it is located on the right side of the dash area.

Old 02-16-2019, 09:38 AM

Originally Posted by tech8 View Post
There is a separate stereo amplifier, it is located on the right side of the dash area.

One to grow on... Thank you for the information.... I know I won't touch it, but it is in an interesting place that I never would have figured. Glad it's there. That way, I'll never touch it.
Old 02-26-2019, 11:49 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: