Notices
Honda Civic (2016 - Current) 10th Generation Civic Forum Civic / Si / Type-R Discussions

2017 Honda Civic LX Sedan Key FOB doesn't operate (no push button start)

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2019, 12:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2017 Honda Civic LX Sedan Key FOB doesn't operate (no push button start)

Hello All!!

I recently ran into issues with my key for my 2017 Honda Civic LX 4 door Sedan. The Key Model is HLIK6-1TA. The other day the unlock, lock and trunk buttons stopped working on the key FOB. Today I purchased new batteries and changed the battery and it still doesn't appear to be working. The key itself works if I manually unlock the doors and the car still starts with the key. Also it is not a push start key system. After changing the battery, when I press the lock button the light blinks red and then stays red for a few seconds and then goes off but if I press the unlock button or the trunk button nothing happens and the light does not light up. Also when I press the lock button and the light blinks red and then stays red I can hear the locks in the car making the sound like they're actually locking but if I look inside the locks aren't actually locking. Unfortunately when I purchased the car I only received this one key so I don't have another one to test to see if it's an issue with just the key or the car itself. I tried searching online and through forums but I wasn't able to find any support for my specific key/car model. I also checked the owner's manual but there's nothing in there that helps. I was just wondering if there's a way to re-program the key after changing the battery or something else I could do to get the key FOB working again. Thank you in advance for any support/advice anyone can lend me. Also I attached a picture of the key model if that helps. Thanks again!!