Notices
Honda Civic (2006 - 2015) 2006 - 2015 Civic Forums

two part question from the turbo god

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2009, 05:27 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default two part question from the turbo god

Everybody is talking about tuning limitations due to the lack of kpro. What about the AEM stand alone units. They are about 2 grand I think. I like my AEM FIC but am curious about the stand alone units.

And I bought a the 12.6" 4 piston front brake kit from fastbrakes. I haven't installed it yet but they told me I may notice the car diving a bit due to having more leverage from the slightly larger front rotor diamter. So my question: Is there a way to adjust the proportioning valve to lessen the pressure given to the fronts to help equalize the brakes? I'm not sure it will be noticeable but I'd like to mess with it. And if it is overly strong the ABS will keep the wheels rolling anyway.

And I'll take a rain check on the hostility haha
Old 03-31-2009, 05:56 PM
NO MERCY!

Default Re: two part question from the turbo god

Originally Posted by ajpturbopittsburgh
Everybody is talking about tuning limitations due to the lack of kpro. What about the AEM stand alone units. They are about 2 grand I think. I like my AEM FIC but am curious about the stand alone units.

And I bought a the 12.6" 4 piston front brake kit from fastbrakes. I haven't installed it yet but they told me I may notice the car diving a bit due to having more leverage from the slightly larger front rotor diamter. So my question: Is there a way to adjust the proportioning valve to lessen the pressure given to the fronts to help equalize the brakes? I'm not sure it will be noticeable but I'd like to mess with it. And if it is overly strong the ABS will keep the wheels rolling anyway.

And I'll take a rain check on the hostility haha
If you are the turbo god....shouldn't you know the answer to your first question?

You always said your AEM FIC is "good enough" for the power you're making. Are you not happy with 400whp?

What is your faced not getting distorted and smashed in enough from the madz accelerationz yo??

The stand alone units basically just control alot more features in the vehicles electronics and air/fuel delivery. Anything from boost control, to nitrous, idle control, two-steps, rev limiters,.......basically all or most of the other **** that the F/IC doesn't control on top of what it DOES control.
Old 03-31-2009, 06:45 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Default Re: two part question from the turbo god

Ok. So is the KPRO that was offered for the RSX and others better or the same as a stand alone unit? And yes 400 is nice but launch control and all the other gadgets are nice too. And thank you for acknologing my godliness RICO. I said the Fuel Ignition Controller I have is sufficient and it allows me to have enjoyable forced induction when most others deprive themselves due to the "lack of tuning".