Voters: 110. You may not vote on this poll

tein s tech vs. eibach sportline

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2008, 04:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Icon2 tein s tech vs. eibach sportline

which would you guys prefer??

cuz im looking to lower my car and get some rims.
but my car is mostly just street driven with the occasional driving through the canyon roads maybe a couple times a month. but im looking for comfort and performance.

and some pics of what each drop would be nice also.

and what do you guys think of skunk2 camber kits??
cuz im thinking of getting those also.
Old 12-25-2008, 10:45 PM
K5^
Brand New

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: tein s tech vs. eibach sportline

Every civic I've come across here looks very good with the teins.

I think the skunk2 arms will do.
Old 12-26-2008, 02:26 AM
NO MERCY!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by i-VTEC_DOHC

and what do you guys think of skunk2 camber kits??
cuz im thinking of getting those also.
It's a good kit and something you should probably get with either the S-techs or the Sportlines. It's a little time-consuming to change the camber because you have to actually take off the wheel to adjust the camber and then put it all back together and hope you got it right.....other than that I would go for it.
Old 12-26-2008, 09:29 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by RICO_
It's a good kit and something you should probably get with either the S-techs or the Sportlines. It's a little time-consuming to change the camber because you have to actually take off the wheel to adjust the camber and then put it all back together and hope you got it right.....other than that I would go for it.
hmm alright. well i think if your using a lift you wont have to take off the tire right? or is the weight of the tire make it a hassle?

but rico, which do you prefer?? s tech or sportline?
Old 12-26-2008, 04:05 PM
NO MERCY!

Originally Posted by i-VTEC_DOHC
hmm alright. well i think if your using a lift you wont have to take off the tire right? or is the weight of the tire make it a hassle?

but rico, which do you prefer?? s tech or sportline?
I believe either way....taking the wheel off would be the easiest. Even on the lift there is still very little room to maneuver with making for a ridiculous headache because the bolt that holds the upper control arm in is several inches long. Not to mention if your car is on an alignment rack it's very time-consuming to take it off and move it to the lift just to adjust the camber....it's easier to take the alignment pod off the wheel, take the wheel off, adjust the camber, slap the wheel and pod back on and re-check it right there on the rack. Not to mention....when you adjust the camber....you have to move the entire suspension assembly on the side you are adjusting from the lower control arm and line it up to the bolt hole that holds the upper control arm in order to put it back together. There's also a nut on the camber arm itself that locks the adjustment into place that needs to be popped loose before you can even turn the **** to adjust the camber. All of that is much easier to do with the wheel OFF of the car because it's much easier to see everything and line up the holes.

Sounds like a mouthful right?

It's a little complicated to describe in words and it sounds much harder than it really is....but once you get the camber kit and begin taking the old one off and installing the Skunk setup you'll see what I'm talking about. And then you'll see how straight-forward (but time-consuming) it really is. Trust me. Take the wheel off. You'll make life easier for yourself.

As for the springs...I prefer Eibach Sportlines. I had the Eibach Pro Kit on my car before I got my coilovers and the Pro kit rode very well....almost like stock. Sportlines give you a tad more of a drop than the Pro Kit. They are a very good company that makes very good quality suspension parts. So is Tein....don't get me wrong....but Tein had a pretty decent price hike on their products. On www.corsportusa.com you'll find the Sportlines for about 60 bucks cheaper than you will the Tein S-techs. The drops are pretty much identical between the two.

Old 12-26-2008, 11:47 PM

Gotta go all out and get the whole system with the electronic control device and all to adjust stiffness from the driver seat ....
Old 12-27-2008, 01:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by COCA GROUND ASSAULT NY
Gotta go all out and get the whole system with the electronic control device and all to adjust stiffness from the driver seat ....
i can care less about the coilovers with edfc.
i want to know about lowering springs.
and u cant adjust ride height from the driver seat.
Old 12-27-2008, 01:52 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by RICO_
I believe either way....taking the wheel off would be the easiest. Even on the lift there is still very little room to maneuver with making for a ridiculous headache because the bolt that holds the upper control arm in is several inches long. Not to mention if your car is on an alignment rack it's very time-consuming to take it off and move it to the lift just to adjust the camber....it's easier to take the alignment pod off the wheel, take the wheel off, adjust the camber, slap the wheel and pod back on and re-check it right there on the rack. Not to mention....when you adjust the camber....you have to move the entire suspension assembly on the side you are adjusting from the lower control arm and line it up to the bolt hole that holds the upper control arm in order to put it back together. There's also a nut on the camber arm itself that locks the adjustment into place that needs to be popped loose before you can even turn the **** to adjust the camber. All of that is much easier to do with the wheel OFF of the car because it's much easier to see everything and line up the holes.

Sounds like a mouthful right?

It's a little complicated to describe in words and it sounds much harder than it really is....but once you get the camber kit and begin taking the old one off and installing the Skunk setup you'll see what I'm talking about. And then you'll see how straight-forward (but time-consuming) it really is. Trust me. Take the wheel off. You'll make life easier for yourself.

As for the springs...I prefer Eibach Sportlines. I had the Eibach Pro Kit on my car before I got my coilovers and the Pro kit rode very well....almost like stock. Sportlines give you a tad more of a drop than the Pro Kit. They are a very good company that makes very good quality suspension parts. So is Tein....don't get me wrong....but Tein had a pretty decent price hike on their products. On www.corsportusa.com you'll find the Sportlines for about 60 bucks cheaper than you will the Tein S-techs. The drops are pretty much identical between the two.

yea i see what you were getting at rico.
well i was talkin to the hookup at the local shop and he was telling me that the tein s tech have a really good and aggressive look, but the ride tends to be a little bit bouncy. but the eibachs have better ride quality which is what im looking for. so i think im gonna go ahead with the eibach. and get a 4 wheel alignment after im done, then get my rims then my camber kit.
Old 12-27-2008, 04:03 AM
NO MERCY!

Why? All I have to do is turn a **** on the upper strut/shock mounts. It's really not that hard.
Old 12-27-2008, 06:46 AM

my vote is tein. i have them, i love them.
Old 12-27-2008, 10:04 AM

Yo can control from ur driver seat cuz the control is there right on ur dash board thats where it shou;ld be installed... Any way tein all the way .........
Old 12-27-2008, 12:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

My wife got me a HFP suspension for Christmas. I am going to be selling my Tein S-tech springs and Skunk2 adjustable rear control arms. I loved this combo, but want the reliability of OEM components. I love the look and ride. Here are some beofre and after pics of the combo. BTW, after lowering the car, the rear camber was insanely negative. The Skunk2 arms took care of that as you can see the camber is clearly in factory spec.

Before

After

Old 12-27-2008, 03:28 PM

Hfp is good 2 u dont lose or void ur warranty from honda with it.. If u go tein or any other aftermarket u lose ur warranty...
Old 12-27-2008, 03:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

not entirely true
Old 12-27-2008, 04:07 PM
NO MERCY!

Yo can control from ur driver seat cuz the control is there right on ur dash board thats where it shou;ld be installed... Any way tein all the way .........
Yes I know that. But because of Tein's price hike I opted for something better instead for the price. I don't need an EDFC to change the dampening on my car....to me it's just one more electronic piece that can malfunction. It's easy just to turn a ****....really not that hard....you should try it.

But anyway we're not talking about a $1500 coilover setup plus whatever few hundred it would be for the EDFC tacked on. The OP just wants springs....something subtle.
Old 12-27-2008, 09:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

yea well the tein s techs are like 340 but i can get them for 235 cuz i hooked up at the local shop. and the eibachs i can get for 225. but i hear that tein s techs are bouncy compared to eibach. and they have the same drop pretty much. except eibach is .1 lower in the rear, which isnt even a quarter of an inch.

coca ground assault, your a tein fanboy. and u only lose ur warranty on suspension related parts.

and if wanted i adjustability, i can just talk to my friend who works for function and form and get 32 way adjustable coilovers for 750 if i wanted to. but why dont i want that?? cuz i dont have a need for it since my fg2 is a dd. if i had a project car, then it would be a different story.

typerboy: idk why you took ur tein off ur car cuz it looks a lot better with them. but i wont criticize you. you do whatever you want. but i do have one question for you. how much are you willing to sell ur skunk2 camber kit??
Old 12-27-2008, 09:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Had Tein-S and went to HFP. Much happier in many ways except the look. The ride and
stability in corners is much improved. Good Luck!
Old 12-27-2008, 09:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I got them new from Corsport for $265 approx 3500-4000 miles ago. The car is not my daily driver and does not see bad weather. They are barely used and I am honestly only selling them because my wife suprised the **** out of me and actually got me a cool present for Christmas. I really thought she had not idea what a Honda Factory Performance suspension, but sure as **** on the side porch on 12/20/08 was a box from College Hills Honda. I don't even think she knows what it is, but I talked so much about it that she knew it was what I wanted. They are in great condition and I was looking for $220 shipped to WHEREVER you live. I have even shipped to Canada before and that ain't so easy. Another bonus when buying a pre-owned set of ADJUSTABLE control arms is that they are already adjusted to exactly correct the camber in a car with the drop you want. Shoot me a PM if you have any interest.

PICS!!!!!

Old 12-28-2008, 04:16 AM

Lol college hills honda got the best deals bro, i get my stuff from them too.....
Old 12-28-2008, 04:25 AM

coca ground assault, your a tein fanboy. and u only lose ur warranty on suspension related parts.... NOT A FAN I DONT HAVE TEIN ON MY CAR .... IF I HAD TO DO SUSPENSION I WOULD DO THE HFP......
Old 12-28-2008, 07:43 AM
NO MERCY!

Originally Posted by i-VTEC DOHC
coca ground assault, your a tein fanboy.
NOT A FAN I DONT HAVE TEIN ON MY CAR .... IF I HAD TO DO SUSPENSION I WOULD DO THE HFP......
Any way tein all the way .........
Old 12-28-2008, 05:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Rico

clearly a fanboy correct?

hahahaa
Old 12-28-2008, 05:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

All items are off the car and listed here and 8th
Old 12-28-2008, 05:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

^ i know i saw your post with the springs and control arms. and are the prices for ur skunk2 arms shipped?? or are you adding shipping to that? will you sell your hid retro?
Old 12-28-2008, 06:17 PM
K5^
Brand New

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Circular logic ftl.

Some one mentioned that they had to align their skunk2 camber arms, mount the tires, dismount the tires, reset the tires, and checked the alignment again. Did you have to do that yourself or was that whole process done for you while getting an alignment?

Last edited by K5^; 12-28-2008 at 06:23 PM.

Quick Reply: tein s tech vs. eibach sportline