Honda Civic (2006 - 2015) 2006 - 2015 Civic Forums

Taking my car back for the Recall for the transmission tomorrow!

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2008, 09:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: (Michael Bolton)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Michael Bolton &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">any updates on this yet?</TD></TR></TABLE>

ditto
Old 01-31-2008, 12:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Taking my car back for the Recall for the transmission tomorrow! (Blackline47)

Does anyone know, do they pull the tranny to do this? I am asking because if they do, I might pay a few extra bucks and have the clutch replaced at the same time. If not, the clutch will wait.

Thanks
Old 01-31-2008, 12:25 PM

Default Re: Taking my car back for the Recall for the transmission tomorrow! (Hellzcivic)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Hellzcivic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Does anyone know, do they pull the tranny to do this? I am asking because if they do, I might pay a few extra bucks and have the clutch replaced at the same time. If not, the clutch will wait.

Thanks</TD></TR></TABLE>

to swap out the gears, or syncros it would have to pull it.
Old 01-31-2008, 01:00 PM
Tickle-shits

Default Re: (racerx78)

Hey Dan if they really do this for you im driving up to your dealer.
Old 01-31-2008, 04:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

at what RPMs is everyone expierncing problems????? after engine is warm of course.
Old 02-01-2008, 02:40 AM
NO MERCY!

Default Re: (PsychoSiRex)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by PsychoSiRex &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">at what RPMs is everyone expierncing problems????? after engine is warm of course.</TD></TR></TABLE>

For some odd reason....it tends to happen at LOWER rpms for me....during normal driving. When i'm racing I never seem to have that problem.
Old 02-01-2008, 09:10 AM

it definitely has the problem at low RPM's. Just daily driving and just trying to make it from point A to point B. Its snnoying as hell. at least thats what its like for me.

and when im trying to get out on the road fast, like in traffic turning out of my neighborhood or something...i cant always be sure that the gears are going to catch so its just VERY inconvinent...needs to be fixed!

i hope this is the answer
Old 02-01-2008, 12:16 PM

Default Re: Taking my car back for the Recall for the transmission tomorrow! (lostjap89)

Good luck with this issue guys... Because I sure didnt have any at the dealership...
Old 02-03-2008, 09:37 PM
New User

Default Re: Taking my car back for the Recall for the transmission tomorrow! (siboii08)

yea secound gear is really notch but i have most problem with 3rd. eather it feels like it does not go in all the way or it just pops out
Old 02-05-2008, 04:12 PM

Default Re: Taking my car back for the Recall for the transmission tomorrow! (Blackline47)

does this recall fall in certain VIN numbers? Im from the pgh area and i saw you were from harrisburg so i wander. I also have an 06 figi blue
Old 02-05-2008, 08:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

great i just bought a mugen si and this is going on... man i hope this isnt a sign for these cars... 3 days of owning the car the rear wing shattered because it was "cold" and i washed it. the dealership was all sorts of trying to avoid replacing it...
Old 02-06-2008, 06:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

yeah i hve the same expeirence in low rpms(before vtec engage) sometimes in 2nd but most problems with 3rd. I have actually have expierence rejection/notchiness from 4th to 5th redlining.
Old 02-06-2008, 08:19 AM
Honda-Tech Member

i work for honda and i looked into this recall, i found that it is ONLY for 06-08 civic LX and EX auto tranmisson so im not sure why in the world ur dealership called you and said u need to come in but let me know and as for all of our 2nd and 3rd gears not catching is just a minor flaw in hondas tranny
Old 02-07-2008, 09:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (8thSI)

There is no current recall for the Si trans... The dealer may have just gotten authorization to tear into it after submitting your complaints.
Old 02-07-2008, 10:23 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 8thSI &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i work for honda and i looked into this recall, i found that it is ONLY for 06-08 civic LX and EX auto tranmisson so im not sure why in the world ur dealership called you and said u need to come in but let me know and as for all of our 2nd and 3rd gears not catching is just a minor flaw in hondas tranny</TD></TR></TABLE>

The recall you are talking about (EX/LX auto trans) and the one we are all hoping for (the rumored one) are two completely different recalls. Everyone that is experiencing the 2nd and 3rd gear grind/notch/rejection, is doing so, because there is a reoccuring problem in Honda/Acura 6-spd transmissions. It is much much more than a "minor flaw".
Old 02-07-2008, 10:35 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (2008fijibluesi)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 2008fijibluesi &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

The recall you are talking about (EX/LX auto trans) and the one we are all hoping for (the rumored one) are two completely different recalls. Everyone that is experiencing the 2nd and 3rd gear grind/notch/rejection, is doing so, because there is a reoccuring problem in Honda/Acura 6-spd transmissions. It is much much more than a "minor flaw".</TD></TR></TABLE>

i agree they're 2 different problems but thats the ONLY recall that honda has out now, if u listened to what i said
Old 02-07-2008, 10:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Listened? I'm sorry I can't hear your typing through the computer. I read what you typed though. And you obviously didn't read my post. I never said anything about it actually being a recall. I said, it's the one we are hoping for. Work for Honda my a$$.
Old 02-07-2008, 11:36 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (2008fijibluesi)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 2008fijibluesi &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Listened? I'm sorry I can't hear your typing through the computer. I read what you typed though. And you obviously didn't read my post. I never said anything about it actually being a recall. I said, it's the one we are hoping for. Work for Honda my a$$.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Old 02-07-2008, 01:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

to the guy that said he was going to have honda replace the clutch for him if the tranny was down... i had to replace my motor last year. the tranny was "fine" and i asked them if they could go ahead and put on a clutch if i brought it in. his response "we dont have to remove the transmission. and even if we did, they wont replace the part without charging u for labor." first off, he was an idiot because if u are replacing the motor, u damn well better have to remove the tranny. dealers suck and they will do whatever they can to screw u.
Old 02-08-2008, 04:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

yup they will.....i have to pay like $3000 for a new tranny and installation. and the dealer was tryin to charge me $6000 hahahaha now the car is just gonna sit there
Old 02-11-2008, 06:30 PM

Default Re: (racerx78)

UPDATE:<U></U>

Ok, here is the scoop. I did get my car back with this "recall" my Dealership (Bobby Rahal Honda) and here is what happened.

I asked the sales clerk or manager what’s the updates on my civic. She told me that there were a couple of issues that were due for your car.

1) The one everyone has known about incorrect mileage reading. That the ECU was recording pre mature mileage. On my paperwork that I have gotten in return says “ECU Mileage Correction” The clerk says it is an ECU adjustment to my car. She sounded like she had no idea what she was talking about… but that’s off topic anyway…

2) My “Transmission Checkup”. I asked her my main concern which was the whole ordeal about this recall for my transmission. She just read it off of my paper work. Which reads “Checking of bearings and synchromesh. No Error.” I highly doubt that they pulled the whole transmission to look at this. Ironically enough a technician walks in and joins our conversation. He was a middle aged man that simply asked me “You the owner of the Blue Si with all of the bolt-ons on it?” Of course I reply yes and ask him was he the one checked my transmission for the possible issues. With my luck he said no I did not. He took part in doing my ECU mileage correction not the tranny inspection. The technician says his co-worker did the inspection which already left for today. I Smell Suspicion. So this is all frustrating and confusing. There was an inspection for the transmission but nothing was done to it!

3) I addressed the Youtube video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TNOQHAVsbhE

To the technician on my iPhone (which I got for Christmas)

He watches the whole thing with me and says that I address this link to tech. (Why can’t he take a look at it? I have no idea!) That inspected your transmission at work tomorrow. We will call you when we can. I asked for sales clerk and the two tech’s Business Card. I have all three of them in my wallet.

So I am waiting for a call back from my Honda Dealership to this day…..

Again I will keep you updated on my car and my fight with my Dealership about this.

-Robert
Old 02-12-2008, 12:01 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Blackline47)

that was the first time iv'e seen that video,
thank for the update man! my dealer doesn't
recognize the same faults as well,i hope a
recall happens with issue at least.

Old 02-12-2008, 07:13 AM

Default Re: (-stiffler-)

will keep you updated!
Old 02-13-2008, 09:48 AM
shaky butts

For people with tranny problems.. Just wondering at about how many miles did ur tranny problems begin?
Old 02-13-2008, 12:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (ThePirate)

I've had it after about 3k. And has been getting somewhat worse. Im at 10k now

Quick Reply: Taking my car back for the Recall for the transmission tomorrow!