Si canceled for 2011?

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2010, 10:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Si canceled for 2011?

this thread has been floating, so i'm gonna throw in my .02

Originally Posted by irondragon013
^^^Sadly the tuner crowd is more focused on older vehicles. Most people can't afford to buy a brand new car to modify. Also the "family/gas saver" crowd is a whole lot bigger of a market.
you are correct about your first 2 sentences to a certain extent. some people grew up with the older civics and have more knowledge about them, so they tend to stick to them knowing that they how to work on them as opposed to newer cars with more technological advances, which may turn the OG's of tuning away from them fearing that they cant do a lot to the newer cars.

the family/gas saver crowd is something you have to really consider in the market and how the economy is. you have to consider the fact that the baby boomer generation is getting older and want something more practical, saves gas, good safety ratings, and reliable. and which auto maker is at the top of that list? especially the reliability? honda. also the space available in the fa1 is more practical than the coupe in terms of family wise. my ex used to have a 2000 civic sedan and she upgraded to an fa1 and its more practical for her to transport things because there is more space

Originally Posted by bsmith100
Isn't the Civic due to be redesigned for the 2011 model year? From what I have read, Honda went back to the drawing board with the design of the next generation Civic models. I am not sure exactly what model year the next generation car is due, but I think 2011 is the year.
i read on 8th that they were going to push it to 2012. they were also stating that the 9th gen is supposed to be a little bit bigger than the current gen.

Originally Posted by Kidnkorner
I think the Fit has taken the place of what the Civic once was. I also think if the 2002-2005 Civic Si had at least 175 HP or a K20A2 or a K24A1 it would have sold a lot more.
you are correct, the ep3 was a mistake on honda's part, because thats when they debuted the es1 chassis hybrid. you have to remember at this point, a lot of automakers were debuting the hybrid models. they sacrificed performance for a more economically friendly si. but they learned from there mistake and have graced us with the z3.

Originally Posted by K2e2vin
*In context with the previous posts.

I agree with you that Civics are getting heavier and expensive, but I don't think they will change unless they see a dent in sales. I remember reading an article where Honda wanted to go back to their roots and make their cars smaller, but I don't know if that'll happen.

I'm sure there's a intellectual decline in the general population; pop culture drives everything. I mean, they have celebrities promoting new Civics and "Civic Nation".

If the Si had more power, it would take away sales from the RSX.
they're heavier because automakers are pushing for the best safety ratings in the market.

Originally Posted by kevinm1981

evo's are garbage.
i wouldnt say that. for tracks and what not, they're very well handling cars off the floor. but if you're going straight line, you can have something faster for less money.

Originally Posted by Igaly
yea I owned tercel and your point is? now i own a civic and a evo that will rape any honda (even a turbo hatch), so u shut up
for the money you spend on that evo, you can have a civic that will blow the doors off your evo. and dont say any turbo civic, because im sure bisi's single cam turbo will toss your sh*t.

Last edited by i-VTEC_DOHC; 06-07-2010 at 04:06 PM.
Old 06-07-2010, 12:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Si canceled for 2011?

Originally Posted by Kidnkorner
I meant to add that the Civic has become what the Accord was and the Accord has evolved into something else altogether.
This is actually very true.