Honda Civic (2006 - 2015) 2006 - 2015 Civic Forums

Running no DBW

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2009, 04:05 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Running no DBW

Gregster you wouldn't even get a sticker for the 100mph club at a dragstrip, so enough from the peanut gallery
Old 03-18-2009, 04:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^ do you have any videos of your car ajpturbo??

as far as having a reflash, that isnt a "true" tune. sure you can add a piggyback to get more, but
if you have a reflash for a certain setup, its not going to be at peak power, its designed for the car to run safe on that setup. and if you up the boost or add more engine components or whatever case may be, the reflash may not be valuable past its parameters.
Old 03-18-2009, 04:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I do believe the OP asked about how he would go about getting rid of his drive by wire...

He didnt ask for members to get into a dick measuring match about something that is totally irrevelant.

stay on topic please for the OP's sake
Old 03-18-2009, 04:38 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Originally Posted by i-VTEC_DOHC
^ do you have any videos of your car ajpturbo??

as far as having a reflash, that isnt a "true" tune. sure you can add a piggyback to get more, but
if you have a reflash for a certain setup, its not going to be at peak power, its designed for the car to run safe on that setup. and if you up the boost or add more engine components or whatever case may be, the reflash may not be valuable past its parameters.
Yeah I posted 3 videos before. Two dyno runs and a 1/4 mile run. And I only have the kit and the reccommended exhaust and no extra components. So my set up is what is reccommended. Reflash is good to 8.5 psi
Old 03-18-2009, 04:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by ajpturbopittsburgh
Yeah I posted 3 videos before. Two dyno runs and a 1/4 mile run. And I only have the kit and the reccommended exhaust and no extra components. So my set up is what is reccommended. Reflash is good to 8.5 psi
can you provide links?? im just curious to see your 400hp si.

and my last paragraph or whatever it was, wasnt direct at you.
its a general statement which holds true.
Old 03-18-2009, 05:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by FA5Clown
Judging the responses i would say just deal with the DBW lol.
nobody ever got ahead by quitting so easy. i say go for it and let everybody else know what exactly was needed
Old 03-18-2009, 08:30 PM

Is it your neck of the woods? sure you know every inch of it. And you could tell who was in the other car? Sure you can douche bag.

I already said I didn't know those people. Ok you got me I look terrible right now...Did you even read what I wrote previously? Come with something better than that next time gregster. I still feel pretty good actually

Unless on the same video they show that RSX's turbo set up i wouldnt automatically say that it is. Just cuz the guys on the video said its "turboed" you CAN NOT say that it is. But then again everything on the internet is 100% correct and factual right?
Old 03-19-2009, 07:20 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Well I think it's funny that Greg (no offense man) is like "yo I know that RSX, it's not turbo'd and a girl drivers it". LOL. A dude is driving it and the best look you get of it is the side of the headlight which looks like every other black RSX on the road.
Old 03-19-2009, 10:18 AM
Honda-Tech Member

yea. Im from maryland and I95 is my area. To let you kno there is a shop around here that does nothing but hondas and acuras.They happen to have dynoed my car and one of the guys that works there his G/F drives that car. The RSX isnt turboed. It is N/A. I kno that you said you didnt kno them but your video didnt prove the point.
Old 03-19-2009, 10:55 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Once again, there is absolutely nothing distinctive in that video to show that it is either the guy (girl) you think it is, nor is their anything (other than the fact that a dude is driving) to prove it's not that car.
Old 03-19-2009, 12:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

There are many black rsx's sure, but With the gold rims and around my area there arnt many. You can hear the motor on the rsx over the sound of teh si. You can laugh all you want, that rsx wasnt turboed.
Old 03-19-2009, 12:24 PM
NO MERCY!

Yeah I posted 3 videos before. Two dyno runs and a 1/4 mile run.
Where?

Post up the links again. I've never seen your videos.
Old 03-19-2009, 12:43 PM
Road House

Originally Posted by Greg50Lt
yea. Im from maryland and I95 is my area. To let you kno there is a shop around here that does nothing but hondas and acuras.They happen to have dynoed my car and one of the guys that works there his G/F drives that car. The RSX isnt turboed. It is N/A. I kno that you said you didnt kno them but your video didnt prove the point.
Your logic is quite flawed.

"I know a guy whose gf owns an RSX. It must be her, because I-95 runs through my town"

That RSX has silver rims.

You do realize that I-95 runs from Maine to Miami, right?

Last edited by FijiBlueFG2; 03-19-2009 at 12:50 PM.
Old 03-19-2009, 01:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by FijiBlueFG2
Your logic is quite flawed.

"I know a guy whose gf owns an RSX. It must be her, because I-95 runs through my town"

That RSX has silver rims.

You do realize that I-95 runs from Maine to Miami, right?
either way man who cares. Ill admit it. i was going out on a limb when i said that I knew who it was. Im just tired of hearing about this guy and his turbo. Ill respect his car when i see him with his user name next to him, and videos of him driving the car and racing it at the track. Everypost he makes is Turbo this, Turbo that. WTFC!!!! IDK but personally if thats his DD then its stupid as **** b/.c 400 on a DD is dumb.

But who whatever thats just my opinion.
Old 03-19-2009, 02:47 PM

Location: In Diamond Bar, CA Brake Boosting like a Mother Focker!

Wow. Do you even know what you are talking about? First off, my reflash is not the standard reflash for the K20Z3. It's a custom reflash tuned with a Hondata representative only for the AJP turbo kit not available to anyone else.

When my kit was first installed we left the boost at 6-7psi and I made 300 horse power at the wheels. They actually claim to obtain 300whp with only 4.5 psi. I tuned more conservatively with the fuel pressure and richened things up to be safer. Find another kit that makes that power.

Now I am at 10psi with the addition of the AEM FIC and am at 400 wheel horse power. So what were you saying about the "tuned rsx" with only 6 to 10psi Shitting on me or an SI? So piggy backed or not or what ever you want to call my tune, doubt you're gonna touch that power with anything else. It is a big turbo with some lag but not bad at all.

100miles+ you should stop before you get laughed at becuse you really sound like you don't know what you are talking about, I am proof of that.

So if I was "tuned",exactly how much more hp would I make on the relatively low boost that I am running?

Ok try another one 100miles+

if you look on you tube there is a vid of a turboed rsx actually being shitted on by an AJP turboed civic. I don't know the people so I cant confirm but it's funny

I got a few Gripes with you. First is that you come in every thread talking about ur uber turbo. No one cares, then you talk about what I do and do not know. I know enough that im calling your bluff and saying your **** is BULLSHIT. I would not hesitate to say you dont even own an SI for that matter. If you do I dont care because you wont for long. Your pushing 400 on a car that has no plug and play option claiming you got your car tuned by Hondata like its special or they did you and only you the favor. Im guessing you have the piggy back for the AJP turbo just like the Comptech S/C has one for there set up. IF so then its Not the tune which we all refer to. If you did actually get your car dyno tuned then perhaps you could argue its a proper tune. It really does not matter though because I give it a few month's before you shoot a rod into space. You are the one who says crazy things and gives off the idea that you do not know anything. I mean you actually said that you would not blow your engine, your pistons would crack and thats all.... telling you its time for some forged pistons. idiotic especially on a daily driver or a new SI for that matter.

Im sorry but you are the first 400 whp SI i "HEARD" about especially without
upgraded internals. I say heard because no one has seen ur video's you claim. Saying all you have is the Recomended exhaust and thats all!!! Wait what???. (If I read correctly cuz im pretty ****ing stoned) Ask any person who knows anything about this platform and they would tell you ur lying out ur ***. That or they would say that u are on borrowed time.

Thats all I got to say.

I say good day to you sir.... Good day!!!

Last edited by 100miles+; 03-19-2009 at 03:48 PM.
Old 03-19-2009, 03:49 PM

Location: In Diamond Bar, CA Brake Boosting like a Mother Focker!

Originally Posted by 2008fijibluesi
Way to fix your post to make a hell of a lot more sense.
You should always check my post's like 3 days later. Im usually baked so I mess up alot then go back and see if I messed up something.
Old 03-20-2009, 05:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by RICO_
Where?

Post up the links again. I've never seen your videos.
he showed me the link rico.
i guess i'm a believer about the turbo.
but idk about 400 hp though
Old 03-20-2009, 05:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

well here is what can happen.
wait i take that back.
here is what will happen without upgraded internals.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iOcqMOSvpRI
Old 03-20-2009, 06:13 PM
NO MERCY!

Originally Posted by i-VTEC_DOHC
he showed me the link rico.
i guess i'm a believer about the turbo.
but idk about 400 hp though
Good...now YOU can show US the link.

And I hope they're legitimate links and not just startups and revs and dynos with no proof of concrete results and drag strip runs that cut off before the time is displayed.
Old 03-20-2009, 06:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by 100miles+
I got a few Gripes with you. First is that you come in every thread talking about ur uber turbo. No one cares, then you talk about what I do and do not know. I know enough that im calling your bluff and saying your **** is BULLSHIT. I would not hesitate to say you dont even own an SI for that matter. If you do I dont care because you wont for long. Your pushing 400 on a car that has no plug and play option claiming you got your car tuned by Hondata like its special or they did you and only you the favor. Im guessing you have the piggy back for the AJP turbo just like the Comptech S/C has one for there set up. IF so then its Not the tune which we all refer to. If you did actually get your car dyno tuned then perhaps you could argue its a proper tune. It really does not matter though because I give it a few month's before you shoot a rod into space. You are the one who says crazy things and gives off the idea that you do not know anything. I mean you actually said that you would not blow your engine, your pistons would crack and thats all.... telling you its time for some forged pistons. idiotic especially on a daily driver or a new SI for that matter.

Im sorry but you are the first 400 whp SI i "HEARD" about especially without
upgraded internals. I say heard because no one has seen ur video's you claim. Saying all you have is the Recomended exhaust and thats all!!! Wait what???. (If I read correctly cuz im pretty ****ing stoned) Ask any person who knows anything about this platform and they would tell you ur lying out ur ***. That or they would say that u are on borrowed time.

Thats all I got to say.

I say good day to you sir.... Good day!!!
fyi: the comptech and ajp "tuning" isn't a piggyback; it's an actual hondata reflash made just for that setup. it's not as good as tuning each motor individually but it's obviously better than nothing. also, 400 whp isn't that hard to beleive. ajp uses a pretty big turbo, their website claims 376whp at 8.5 psi. 400 whp is definitely taking your chances and asking for a blown motor, but i don't think it's impossible.
Old 03-21-2009, 05:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

if you look on you tube there is a vid of a turboed rsx actually being shitted on by an AJP turboed civic. I don't know the people so I cant confirm but it's funny

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4SlMw4fY94I

That was no turbo rsx
Old 03-21-2009, 06:00 PM
NO MERCY!

STILL WAITING ON THOSE LINKS.......................................

Hellllooooooooooo!