Honda Civic (2006 - 2015) 2006 - 2015 Civic Forums

R18 Turbo is out!!.. for reals this time

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2008, 02:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: (100miles+)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by LxXsilenceXxP &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i dont lose to i/h/e Si's by 2 cars.

****... i dont lose</TD></TR></TABLE><TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 100miles+ &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Got any vids? I never seen an r18 beat an si??? </TD></TR></TABLE>

This I would love to see, since I'm also stuck with an AT. I'd say the difference in torque is what makes you walk away?
Old 02-25-2008, 02:17 PM

Default Re: (RICO_)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by RICO_ &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Hes got a turbo. But I still don't think he can beat an Si badly. Especially not one with bolt-ons. 7-8PSI on an R18 BARELY makes enough power to creep away from a stock Si. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Agreed. I don't even think he could really beat an Si unless it was poorly driven, since his car was dynoing in the 180s (I think) and he's driving an automatic. To beat an SI with an I/H/E.. I don't see how that could be done.
Old 02-25-2008, 02:46 PM
Me Gusta History

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by RICO_ &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Just a friendly little debate.

Care to join?</TD></TR></TABLE>

OK!

The base civic turbo provides a means for people without the income to afford an Si a means to put down some power.

Even though it's not a dire necessity now, they will be making bank later because as these cars depreciate, youths will buy these cars for the price and modify them to high hell, the same as every other Civic that has been released since 1988. Over time this will be augmented by engine swaps and otehr things and the base Civic platform will provide ample modification opportunities to a market that can't afford either the cost or the insurance of a used Si.

The used market will be FLOODED with base Civics, and less so with Si's, simply due to production numbers and desirability. THus companies will profit from supplying parts for the 'lesser' models, despite the whinings of Si owners that at this point, it's the more viable option.

I want an EX and don't give a **** about Si's because they don't fit my needs. I will never buy 'performance parts' for my base model, save for a stainless steel exhaust system for the extra power, better looks and sound. There's simply no point because all I care about is reliability, safety, economy, and a halfway decent sporty look out of a commuter. The people that buy the Civic for basic transportation will outweigh the Si buyers by a high margin, and it just makes economical sense to produce go fast parts for the lower models because the higher availability and cheaper price will eventually work in their favor.

In short, owning an Si doesn't make you that special for the extra few k you spend and it's still a damn Civic, and no one should play holier-than-thou about it because it's personal preference and people are going to buy it for their own reasons no matter how awesome you think the Si is.

/argument
Old 02-25-2008, 03:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (bs101)

Hes got a turbo. But I still don't think he can beat an Si badly. Especially not one with bolt-ons. 7-8PSI on an R18 BARELY makes enough power to creep away from a stock Si.

Agreed. I don't even think he could really beat an Si unless it was poorly driven, since his car was dynoing in the 180s (I think) and he's driving an automatic. To beat an SI with an I/H/E.. I don't see how that could be done.</TD></TR></TABLE>

my car dynoed at 176whp @ 4psi 2 years ago...

this is the issue, even if i did only make 190whp, are you forgetting about torque??

i make 200whp and 200trq.

im like 3 cars ahead of an Si at the end of 2nd.

does this site allow street racing vids? i have 3.

ep3 (i/h/e/hondata)
tC (i/h/e/high comp. pistons, tune)
vs two mustang 5.0s

unfortunately i dont have any vids vs an si.0
Old 02-25-2008, 03:44 PM
NO MERCY!

Default Re: (accordselux)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by accordselux &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

OK!

The base civic turbo provides a means for people without the income to afford an Si a means to put down some power.

Even though it's not a dire necessity now, they will be making bank later because as these cars depreciate, youths will buy these cars for the price and modify them to high hell, the same as every other Civic that has been released since 1988. Over time this will be augmented by engine swaps and otehr things and the base Civic platform will provide ample modification opportunities to a market that can't afford either the cost or the insurance of a used Si.

The used market will be FLOODED with base Civics, and less so with Si's, simply due to production numbers and desirability. THus companies will profit from supplying parts for the 'lesser' models, despite the whinings of Si owners that at this point, it's the more viable option.

I want an EX and don't give a **** about Si's because they don't fit my needs. I will never buy 'performance parts' for my base model, save for a stainless steel exhaust system for the extra power, better looks and sound. There's simply no point because all I care about is reliability, safety, economy, and a halfway decent sporty look out of a commuter. The people that buy the Civic for basic transportation will outweigh the Si buyers by a high margin, and it just makes economical sense to produce go fast parts for the lower models because the higher availability and cheaper price will eventually work in their favor.

In short, owning an Si doesn't make you that special for the extra few k you spend and it's still a damn Civic, and no one should play holier-than-thou about it because it's personal preference and people are going to buy it for their own reasons no matter how awesome you think the Si is.

/argument</TD></TR></TABLE>

I hope that wasn't directed at me.

You're right. But I never claimed I was special because I bought an Si. I bought it simply because I wanted something enjoyable to drive with decent power right from the get-go.....WITHOUT having to spend thousands of dollars in upgrading the suspension, braking system, engine, etc..

And with today's gas prices and insurance prices seeming to creep higher and higher....I would assume that more people would buy the base model with just simple daily driving and transportation in mind rather than to modify them. Little by little I see more and more performance parts coming out for the R18....but it just seems to me like not very many people are actually putting alot of work into them.

But i'm just going by what i've seen here in San Antonio. I can't say how it is anywhere else. But i've seen dozens upon dozens of base model civics....but yet only the older crowd and women seem to be attracted to it down here more than the young tuner crowd.

The same goes with the Si to. I haven't seen a single truly modified Si down here other than a couple lowered ones. And I feel like aftermarket companies just aren't really putting as much effort into the newer models (Si or base) as they did with the older ones. Or maybe it just hasn't been out long enough.

I feel like the tuning/modifying craze is starting to come to an end down here.

Old 02-25-2008, 03:55 PM
NO MERCY!

Default Re: (LxXsilenceXxP)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by LxXsilenceXxP &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

this is the issue, even if i did only make 190whp, are you forgetting about torque??

ep3 (i/h/e/hondata)
vs two mustang 5.0s

unfortunately i dont have any vids vs an si.0</TD></TR></TABLE>

The torque is what allows you to pull ahead of an Si off the line. But I can pretty much say with confidence that one with an I/RH would probably walk you down. Especially since you have an automatic.

Having more torque doesn't always win races man. Sorry to break it to you.

But (just for example)...let's just say you put two cars of equal weight against each other....car (A) has 200HP and 150ft/lbs........car (B) has 150HP and 200ft/lbs.

Car A will win every time. Car B will get the jump off the line (probably)....but it will get walked down easily by Car A.

Keep in mind as well that stock 5.0 Mustangs are highly overrated. They come with a 245HP engine sitting on nearly 3500lbs. of curb weight. And you should know that the Si with I/RH is capable of beating a stock 4.6L GT Mustang with 260HP (Manual). I would know.....i've done it.

Post up your videos. And while you're at it.....post up your dyno charts as well.

Old 02-25-2008, 04:03 PM

Location: In Diamond Bar, CA Brake Boosting like a Mother Focker!

I have yet to see a truly modded si 2, but the craze hasnt finished out here. I just went to the bank and a ek burned the **** out of me and waved bye to me

Makes me say FUDGE the rims im going E/H/Turbo on this one lol.

I still wanna see some vids por favor
Old 02-25-2008, 04:07 PM
NO MERCY!

Default Re: (100miles+)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 100miles+ &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I have yet to see a truly modded si 2, but the craze hasnt finished out here. I just went to the bank and a ek burned the **** out of me and waved bye to me

Makes me say FUDGE the rims im going E/H/Turbo on this one lol.

I still wanna see some vids por favor </TD></TR></TABLE>

You can't put an aftermarket header with a Turbo.
Old 02-25-2008, 04:09 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by LxXsilenceXxP &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

ep3 (i/h/e/hondata)
vs two mustang 5.0s

unfortunately i dont have any vids vs an si.0</TD></TR></TABLE>

Good numbers. Unfortunately, having torque isn't going to make you beat an SI. It's the 200 WHP you have, not the torque. GTI's have the same specs and I've heard of SI's walking them on the highway
Old 02-25-2008, 04:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

yea but if

Car A has 200hp and 200trq
and
Car B has 200hp and 150trq

Car A wins EVERY time. Sorry.
Old 02-25-2008, 04:16 PM

200 Hp / 200 Tq - Automatic and boosted

185 HP / 130 TQ - Manual and N/A

I'll take the second car, as I'm sure the vast majority would who were interested in performance.
Old 02-25-2008, 04:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Post up your videos. And while you're at it.....post up your dyno charts as well.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

Me vs. tC

<u>Specs</u>: I/H/E, Toyota Reflash, High Compression Pistons

20mph Roll

Dig

Me vs. 05 Civic Si

<u>Specs</u>: I/RH/E, Hondata Reflash

20mph roll

two 5.0's each modded. im in the middle of the 2.

EM2 w/ 50 shot

Modified by LxXsilenceXxP at 8:38 PM 2/25/2008
Old 02-25-2008, 05:04 PM

^^ Beat the crap out of those guys, I'll give you that.
Old 02-25-2008, 05:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (elohel)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by elohel &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">^^ Beat the crap out of those guys, I'll give you that.</TD></TR></TABLE>

thanks

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by elohel &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">200 Hp / 200 Tq - Automatic and boosted

185 HP / 130 TQ - Manual and N/A

I'll take the second car, as I'm sure the vast majority would who were interested in performance.</TD></TR></TABLE>

i would too, but i did the best with what i had, you feel me?
Old 02-25-2008, 05:23 PM
NO MERCY!

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by LxXsilenceXxP &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">yea but if

Car A has 200hp and 200trq
and
Car B has 200hp and 150trq

Car A wins EVERY time. Sorry.</TD></TR></TABLE>

But your car is automatic. It takes more power to overcome the advantage of better gearing on the Si.

I wanna see you race an Si with I/RH. Be sure to post up a video as soon as you accomplish that. AND BE HONEST. Have some integrity and don't just SAY it was modded if it wasn't.

A TC with a TRD Supercharger can barely keep up with a stock Si. One with a I/H/E and reflash won't either.

And as far as the '05 Si goes.....take a look at Hondata's page under the 2002-2004 Reflash results. With a CAI, header, and reflash it didn't even reach 160WHP

http://www.hondata.com/reflash_civicsi.html

....so of course your car making nearly 200WHP is gonna beat it.

And the EM2 with the 50-shot......The most powerful stock EM2 makes 127HP. A 50-shot ups it to a whopping 177HP. Flywheel power....not wheel HP. So i'm estimating that's probably about 150ish WHP just to be modest. Again that's an easy one to beat as well.

The 5.0 races were the most impressive. But it would have been nice to know what mod the 5.0 mustangs had. Couldn't have been much.

Your car is fast...don't get me wrong. It's nice. But I think you'll be surprised at how close the results will be when you race an I/RH FG2...or even a stock one. I would be genuinely surprised if you pulled that one out having an automatic. But I doubt you would.

Prove me wrong!

Modified by RICO_ at 8:59 PM 2/25/2008
Old 02-25-2008, 05:35 PM

Your car sounds sexy though I will give you that much.

Now all we need is a vid vs a I/RH/E Si racing you and were golden. Or a stock one w/e floats your boat
Old 02-25-2008, 06:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i recently moved from miami to harlingen/south padre cuz im in the coast guard. how about we settle this if you're so sure i CANT beat on si

Old 02-25-2008, 06:25 PM
NO MERCY!

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by LxXsilenceXxP &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i recently moved from miami to harlingen/south padre cuz im in the coast guard. how about we settle this if you're so sure i CANT beat on si

</TD></TR></TABLE>

ABSOLUTELY!!

But unfortunately you'll have to come up here. I go to school during the week and work on the weekends so I can't find time to make it down there.
Old 02-25-2008, 06:50 PM
Me Gusta History

I hope that wasn't directed at me.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

No it wasn't, I was referring to everyone that felt very special that they spent a few thousand more on a Civic and that gave them some kind of social platform to look down on lesser Civics.

You're right. But I never claimed I was special because I bought an Si. I bought it simply because I wanted something enjoyable to drive with decent power right from the get-go.....WITHOUT having to spend thousands of dollars in upgrading the suspension, braking system, engine, etc..

And with today's gas prices and insurance prices seeming to creep higher and higher....I would assume that more people would buy the base model with just simple daily driving and transportation in mind rather than to modify them. Little by little I see more and more performance parts coming out for the R18....but it just seems to me like not very many people are actually putting alot of work into them.

But i'm just going by what i've seen here in San Antonio. I can't say how it is anywhere else. But i've seen dozens upon dozens of base model civics....but yet only the older crowd and women seem to be attracted to it down here more than the young tuner crowd.

The same goes with the Si to. I haven't seen a single truly modified Si down here other than a couple lowered ones. And I feel like aftermarket companies just aren't really putting as much effort into the newer models (Si or base) as they did with the older ones. Or maybe it just hasn't been out long enough.

I feel like the tuning/modifying craze is starting to come to an end down here.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

Exactly. People are buying them now as basic transpo. That's why the base Civic outsells the Si what, somewhere between 5 or 10 to 1, despite HOnda's secret production numbers? The masses want the high quality economy car that is the commuter.

Down the road, when the depreciation hits and people sell them cheap, the youth that perpetuate the tuning movement will scoop them up or get them handed down to them, and by majority, they will be catered to. I agree, it's not as good of a platform now, but in time, it will be an economical way to go fast. Similar to the early EG's and EH's, buying htem in the late 90's for 5 grand or less and then making these base Civics into street terrors. Same will happen. Import trend is just like the hot rod trend; cheap, plentiful cars that kids get their hands on.

Right now the people that can afford Si's for hte most part can also afford the tasteful, functional mods for them. Give it time and the same kind of stuff will be available on the base civics for cheap to appeal to broke *** youth

ANd about the tuner scene dying, it's happening everywhere. Asshats are ruining it for those that are serious, the media's jumped on the bandwagon, and the police are cracking down. Plus with the hp wars, you can get a hell of a car like a Cooper S, WRX, Mazdaspeed3, etc for pretty damn cheap. Manufacturers are profiting from imports just like they profited from hot rods by offering factory built muscle cars that outperformed the homemade stuff for less money or need for mechanical knowledge. Now everyone can play street racer,a nd idiots with enough money can feel invincible in an STi or Evo because it has AWD and that somehow corrects their poor driving skills.
Old 02-25-2008, 06:59 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by LxXsilenceXxP &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i recently moved from miami to harlingen/south padre cuz im in the coast guard. how about we settle this if you're so sure i CANT beat on si

</TD></TR></TABLE>

I'd race you if I didnt have to put 3443653426236 thousand miles on my car to get to you lol
Old 02-25-2008, 08:19 PM
eL
Honda-Tech Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

This thread is one of the reasons I gave up the Civic

I've been out of this forum for a year and it's still the FG1 vs FG2 crap over and over.
Old 02-25-2008, 08:52 PM
Me Gusta History

Default Re: (eL)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by eL &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">This thread is one of the reasons I gave up the Civic

I've been out of this forum for a year and it's still the FG1 vs FG2 crap over and over. </TD></TR></TABLE>

The Si is God's new chariot, apparently
Old 02-25-2008, 09:12 PM

Hey Enrique! How've ya been? Apparently the car is doing well. What did you do for tuning? Did AJP tune it before you moved to TX?

I don't know if you still poke your head in on 8th, but I'm sure some people would like to see that you are still up and running. If you still peak in from time to time, then I understand why you don't stick around. That place is on a steady decline with more and more kids showing up with no knowledge, but a new Civic....

And you if so much as whisper AJP over there...you are deemed the anti-Christ. Sad really...

Modified by street2unedfg2 at 10:41 PM 2/25/2008
Old 02-25-2008, 09:50 PM

thanks

i would too, but i did the best with what i had, you feel me?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Yeah I understand. You made the car into a beast, so it's not like you have nothing.
Old 02-26-2008, 04:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Keep in mind as well that stock 5.0 Mustangs are highly overrated. They come with a 245HP engine sitting on nearly 3500lbs. of curb weight. And you should know that the Si with I/RH is capable of beating a stock 4.6L GT Mustang with 260HP (Manual). I would know.....i've done it.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

For a person who threw a tantrum when someone asked "RICO, are you sure they were racing", you sure are full of ****. You might have 'beaten' a Mustang GT, but he either wasn't racing, or couldn't drive, end of story. I've spanked a supercharged Mustang GT (5.0) in my bone stock '94 Accord. It was great, and really funny, but I know it was only because the guy couldn't get traction. This is most likely the case in your "race".

Quick Reply: R18 Turbo is out!!.. for reals this time