Notices
Honda Civic (2006 - 2015) 2006 - 2015 Civic Forums

Odd question on what to do when your not satisfied...

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2007, 03:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Odd question on what to do when your not satisfied...

Here's the thing. I purchased my 06' RR Civic EX Cp. about 9 months ago. From day one I have been having problems (yes mostly normal, but some excessive) both with the car and the dealership. This is what happened:

1.) Altercation with the salesmen who basically screwed me over and quit the nite I was buying the civic, and I never got the promised fogs he said he'd get. But that's ok.

2.) The mileage was WRONG. When I signed for the car the paper said it had only 52 miles on it, and it did. UNTIL I figured out that it was the trip mileage, not actual. There was almost 200 miles on it but I found that out way too late.

3.) About 3 weeks later, I notice that my front bumper (where the fog lights should go, and the front air dam) was over spray and alittle bit of runs. When I addressed the issue, the dealership said that A.) There is nothing in their files that show a new bumper. B.) The dealership they got it from (dealer trade) says the same thing. C.) HONDA themselves has no record of a respray either. He proceeded to basically say that I HAD IT REPAINTED MYSELF, and I was trying to get them to pay for my mistake. BULL ****.

4.) I took it in for a recall (the subs rattling) and they left foot prints and a bunch of **** all in the car. Next day I got it back, rattle was still there.

5.) Seat recall (obds wire thing) Took three days, but was promised same day. Never even called me to tell me it was done, AND THEN, I got it back and the clips for the back seat were basically broken and the plastic peice was falling the F' off. Took them two more days to fix that issue.

6.) Every now and then, the digital speedometer will look like it has a leak (lines through the numbers), but it goes away eventually. Dealer can not duplicate.

7.) Also I complained to them about dirt in paint and a few paint nipples, but they say its just factory. No resolution.

8.) I have 6,000 miles on it, and just had the oil changed 500 miles ago. Already I am about 1/2 quart low, but I didn't even bring that up to them. I just filled it myself.

I know alot of this may seem petty, but when you pay almost 20k OTD for a damn car, it better not give you any ****. I WOULD LOVE to get my money back, and go somewhere else and get the SI anyway, but of course I can't get a full refund. Even if I trade it in they say they will only give me like 14k. It is pristine. NO LIE it is in flawless condtion. What can I do now that I am a very unsatisfied customer and I don't want the car anymore. (I LOVE civics tho, and would get another one most likey anyway. Any advice?

Old 01-04-2007, 03:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

The bumpers around where the fogs are sometimes get over/under painted... mine show a slight white haze where the paint didnt cover it all, but you have to be about 6 inches from the bumper to see it.
Old 01-04-2007, 03:56 PM

Default Re: Odd question on what to do when your not satisfied... (HondaGSX)

call this guy

Honda
1919 Torrance Blvd., Torrance, CA 90501
President & CEO: Koichi Kondo
310-783-3170

hes like the president of honda
Old 01-04-2007, 04:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by HondaGSX &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> I WOULD LOVE to get my money back, and go somewhere else and get the SI anyway,

</TD></TR></TABLE>

It sounds to me that you regret your ex purchase and want an Si
if your having so many problems with honda... and the civic... theres no reason why if they handed you your money back for you to buy the Si....

and now your being overly **** on YOUR car due to the regrets...
Old 01-04-2007, 04:05 PM

Default Re: Odd question on what to do when your not satisfied... (Type X)

if i were you...i would trade for the Si..
Old 01-04-2007, 04:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Odd question on what to do when your not satisfied... (Rahxephon)

well yeah I do regret buying an EX over an SI, but thats not my main issue. I'm just tired of having to go back and forth to the dealership for things that should have been taken care of. The car is not the problem, it is mostly the dealership. I am not going to buy from them again, and even if I do trade it in, it will surely be at a different honda dealership. Does my factory warranty extend to other dealerships???
Old 01-04-2007, 04:52 PM

If your not happy with your dealership just go to another one. Honda Warranty is Honda Warranty. Doesnt matter what dealer you go.......as far as I know.
Old 01-04-2007, 04:53 PM

sometime you can't win with stealership...once the car's out their parking lot they're not nice toward you anymore.

trade it in and hope you don't get another rotten apple..

Modified by Rahxephon at 9:04 PM 1/4/2007
Old 01-04-2007, 05:03 PM

1.) Altercation with the salesmen who basically screwed me over and quit the nite I was buying the civic, and I never got the promised fogs he said he'd get. But that's ok.

Sorry to hear about this, but you needed to get anything they "promise" in writing. Otherwise, it is like it never happened.

4.) I took it in for a recall (the subs rattling) and they left foot prints and a bunch of **** all in the car. Next day I got it back, rattle was still there.

Unexceptable. You should have shown the manager and said this is BS how you got the car back filthy.

8.) I have 6,000 miles on it, and just had the oil changed 500 miles ago. Already I am about 1/2 quart low, but I didn't even bring that up to them. I just filled it myself.

This is common on the first oil change for it to be low. Nothing to worry about.

Here is a possibility though. They used this as a loaner to someone. They messed it up and tried to cover it up before they gave it back.
Old 01-04-2007, 05:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

damn man... i say.. screw that dealership.. some are BETTER than others... but as said above, Honda warranty is Honda warranty. As long as your at a Honda dealership, warranty applies.

I have like 2 or 3 different dealerships within a 40mile range.. i use to go to the one closest to me.. but the staff changed... so did the service. sometimes you just have to bite the bullet and drive it a little farther.

as far as the way it was when you bought it.... i hear you on that... and i dont mean this to be an a-hole... but it's kind of your fault.

just take it else where, and if you get the same treatment, call corp. hoonda...
Old 01-04-2007, 06:11 PM

Default Re: Odd question on what to do when your not satisfied... (SeanJohn1802)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SeanJohn1802 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">damn man... i say.. screw that dealership.. some are BETTER than others... but as said above, Honda warranty is Honda warranty. As long as your at a Honda dealership, warranty applies.

I have like 2 or 3 different dealerships within a 40mile range.. i use to go to the one closest to me.. but the staff changed... so did the service. sometimes you just have to bite the bullet and drive it a little farther.

as far as the way it was when you bought it.... i hear you on that... and i dont mean this to be an a-hole... but it's kind of your fault.

just take it else where, and if you get the same treatment, call corp. hoonda...</TD></TR></TABLE>

Or get a good lawyer since they are not following the contract you and they signed.
Old 01-04-2007, 08:19 PM
He knows where you live!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

If you're truly unsatisfied, call Honda America (the actual Honda CEO of America place) and complain to them I'm going to be trying to do this for a recall on my 96 accord if you complain enough about that dealership, they may say something to them
Old 01-04-2007, 08:35 PM

Default Re: Odd question on what to do when your not satisfied... (Type X)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Type X &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

It sounds to me that you regret your ex purchase and want an Si
if your having so many problems with honda... and the civic... theres no reason why if they handed you your money back for you to buy the Si....

and now your being overly **** on YOUR car due to the regrets...</TD></TR></TABLE>

I don't think this is fair to assume. Everything he mentioned would bug me, too, whether I wanted the Si or not. If anything, it'd probably just make you wish even more that you hadn't "just gone for the EX." I don't think he's making up the problems, just using them against hindsight...
Old 01-04-2007, 09:31 PM

Default Re: Odd question on what to do when your not satisfied... (L-Dawg)

It sounds to me like you have more of a problem with the dealership than the actual car. Like people have stated, I'd go up higher on the chain of command. You'll be surprised how much cooperation you'll get if you complain to "the right people".
Old 01-05-2007, 02:19 AM
NO MERCY!

Default Re: Odd question on what to do when your not satisfied... (honda06si)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by honda06si &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">call this guy

Honda
1919 Torrance Blvd., Torrance, CA 90501
President & CEO: Koichi Kondo
310-783-3170

hes like the president of honda</TD></TR></TABLE>

How the hell did you get a direct line to the President/CEO of Honda??
Old 01-05-2007, 04:25 AM

Trade it in, and go to http://www.edmunds.com the resale value even for trade in is better than that.
Old 01-05-2007, 11:39 AM

Default Re: Odd question on what to do when your not satisfied... (RICO_)

hes my cousins wifes brothers neighbors babysitters uncle
Old 01-05-2007, 11:46 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by honda06si &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">hes my cousins wifes brothers neighbors babysitters uncle</TD></TR></TABLE>

What?
Old 01-05-2007, 12:17 PM

look into lemon laws for your state, if the dealership doesnt fix a defect on the car after taking it there 3 times for the same service you are entitled to get a brand new car from the dealership at their cost, or a full refund for the amount your car it worth. check it out it might be worth looking at.
Old 01-05-2007, 12:20 PM

Default Re: (thegoods217)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by thegoods217 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">look into lemon laws for your state, if the dealership doesnt fix a defect on the car after taking it there 3 times for the same service you are entitled to get a brand new car from the dealership at their cost, or a full refund for the amount your car it worth. check it out it might be worth looking at.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Good advice.
Old 01-05-2007, 12:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by honda06si &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">hes my cousins wifes brothers neighbors babysitters uncle</TD></TR></TABLE>

or you google it up on go to the top.