Notices
Honda Civic (2006 - 2015) 2006 - 2015 Civic Forums

My baby has lost her virginity

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2007, 06:43 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default My baby has lost her virginity

I have owned my FBP FA5 for about two months and until recently it was pristine. I was not fanatical about parking carefully (away from other cars) but if there was a spot that was isolated from other cars I would choose that, even if it meant a longer walk to my destination. And I would collect grocery carts and return them to the store rather than risking the lot boy banging into my new car.

Yesterday I picked the middle spot of three empty slots in the local hardware store. I figured that I was reasonable isolated from swinging door dingers. I returned to my car and felt relieved that someone had parked only on my passenger side. That means the driver/owner would be opening his door toward my passenger's door and he would be careful to not bang his car into mine.

I left that lot without looking at my passenger's side door, content that no one would intentionally knock his door into mine. I parked in another lot well away from other cars, did some shopping and returned to my car. Upon returning, I discovered a ding in passenger's door the size of a quarter.

The low-life loser must have leaned into his door to make this dent, it is fairly deep and he left a good chunk of his white paint on my blue door. Fortunately the white paint rubbed out, but the dent remains. Grrrrrrrrrrr.

I suppose that it was inevitable that I would get my first door ding sooner or later, but why did it have to be such a malicious assualt upon my beautiful, beautiful car?

I will be looking into paintless ding removal, anyone have a recomendation in So Cal?

Scott
Old 01-13-2007, 06:52 AM
In a Junkyard near you.

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

sorry to say it but if it's that deep it probably won't go back to perfect again.
Old 01-13-2007, 06:57 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Ross 4107)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Ross 4107 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">sorry to say it but if it's that deep it probably won't go back to perfect again.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I understand that perfect is long gone. In fact I am begining to consider letting it go. I keep my cars clean and well maintained, but a I am willing to compromise on the stuff I have no control over.

Scott
Old 01-13-2007, 06:59 AM
NO MERCY!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: My baby has lost her virginity (cbstd)

Sorry about your dent man. You really can't be totally protected when it comes to busy shopping places. Some dude posted up a thread about parking all the way in the back of the lot where there were NO cars and he still ended up gettin keyed from trunk to hood. So it's a hit and miss deal. Shouldn't be too expensive to fix though. Good luck!
Old 01-13-2007, 07:11 AM

Default Re: My baby has lost her virginity (RICO_)

I remember reading that thread ^ barbaric! Anyway, check out http://www.denttime.com Ask for Mike. He came highly recommended from a friend although I never actually used his services. I have so many dings now and since I'm trying to sell the car I decided not to waste $ on it. I think the rates are per panel anyway so you might as well wait till you have a few more (cuz you will) to get them removed. sorry the hear that again.
Old 01-13-2007, 07:12 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: My baby has lost her virginity (RICO_)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by RICO_ &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> Some dude posted up a thread about parking all the way in the back of the lot where there were NO cars and he still ended up gettin keyed from trunk to hood. Good luck! </TD></TR></TABLE>

Thanks! Sadly my first new-from-the-dealer car got keyed like that less than one week after I drove it home back in '83.
Scott
Old 01-13-2007, 10:57 AM

Default Re: My baby has lost her virginity (cbstd)

that sucks.. seems like everyone who tries so hard to keep their car in prestine shape always gets banged. lollol *knocks on wood*
Old 01-27-2007, 06:20 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: My baby has lost her virginity (dshiromoto)

An update-

I had a guy come to my house to fix the dent using Paintless Dent Removal (PDR). Pretty amazing stuff, he got in between the sheet metal of the door and the glass with a series of long "thingies" and pushed the dent out. A little tapping on the outside sheetmetal to get it all smooth and he was done in 45 minutes. $150, reasonable for the quality work, I am pleased. I just need have the mark in the paint rubbed out and it will be as good as new.

Scott
Old 01-27-2007, 06:45 AM

Dent Doctor