Notices
Honda Civic (2006 - 2015) 2006 - 2015 Civic Forums

my 09 has paint peeling!

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2009, 01:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default my 09 has paint peeling!

well, my 09 2 door has a patch on the rear bumper that just peeled randomly. I am a body freak so this is getting to me. my dealership told me that it wont be covered under warranty so I am getting a 3rd opinion tomorrow from a body shop to confirm what every other person has said... that it is peeling.

my car is nighthawk black and i have read about some of the imperfections with it. any advice on what i could say to the dealership to get them to fix it? i know for a fact it was not hit btw. clean urethane and i can keep peeling the paint around it.
Old 06-02-2009, 02:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: my 09 has paint peeling!

i would bug the hell out of them all the time and go there pissed. i mean, its an 09 for christ sakes!
Old 06-02-2009, 02:06 PM

black has had a lot of the paint problems. take it to a different dealer.
Old 06-02-2009, 03:08 PM

Go to your dealer and do as i do leave you loaded glock clip on the center console. They ALWAYS treat you with respect and 95% of the time you get what you need done within reason.
Old 06-02-2009, 03:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ironworker
Go to your dealer and do as i do leave you loaded glock clip on the center console. They ALWAYS treat you with respect and 95% of the time you get what you need done within reason.
man ur such a badass
Old 06-02-2009, 03:53 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

You should really post a pic. I'd love to see what it looks like. Do you think the dealer has reason to believe it is the result of a chemical stain on your part maybe? Seems strange for them to battle with you about the paint of an 09' car? Is there something you aren't telling us perhaps? Did you buy the car new and untitled or was it previously titled with low miles on it?
Old 06-02-2009, 04:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Pfft... I'd tell the f*ckers to fix it... Its a brand new d*mn car... You haven't even made it through a year of payments... I'd make sure that they paint the whole cover too... Not sand the bad spot, tape it off, shoot it and blend it... Err no good...
Old 06-02-2009, 04:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by teggsr925
man ur such a badass
xD

On your paint though, seriously, like everyone else, don't take no for an answer. Thats messed up, its brand new, that ish shouldn't happen. What dealership?
Old 06-02-2009, 04:36 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

I say let's all relax and not assume the dealership is just full of ********. If they have to repaint the bumper it doesn't make any of the employees' paychecks smaller. So I doubt they are choosing to not cover the repair for no reason. They don't get bonuses for denying warranty work. Something smells fishy to me. I think something happened and OP is trying to swindle a new paint job and reaching for a reason to get the work done
Old 06-02-2009, 04:51 PM
NO MERCY!

Just get a turbo bigger than ajpturbopittsburgh's ego and call it a day!

Old 06-02-2009, 04:57 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Originally Posted by RICO_

oh lord what have I done. One cannot get a tubo bigger than mine, me and my turbo shall rule the earth!

For real though I want to see some pics of OP's peeling paint
Old 06-02-2009, 05:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

this thread is full of fail
Old 06-02-2009, 07:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I ROFLed a bit...
Old 06-02-2009, 10:09 PM

Originally Posted by pubestripe
well, my 09 2 door has a patch on the rear bumper that just peeled randomly. I am a body freak so this is getting to me. my dealership told me that it wont be covered under warranty so I am getting a 3rd opinion tomorrow from a body shop to confirm what every other person has said... that it is peeling.

my car is nighthawk black and i have read about some of the imperfections with it. any advice on what i could say to the dealership to get them to fix it? i know for a fact it was not hit btw. clean urethane and i can keep peeling the paint around it.
When I purchased my '06 Si, I had them warranty the paint with an outer cover. It guaranteed any chips, fades, scratches, etc... Did you get this warranty with your contract? It would be an extra sheet showing some sort of protection policy.

If not, and the damage is small, Autozone carries the Honda OEM paints. Otherwise, hit up Maaco that also Honda OEM paint and get them to guarantee it from future fading or chipping.
Old 06-03-2009, 04:17 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by CiViCaDDict
Otherwise, hit up Maaco that also Honda OEM paint and get them to guarantee it from future fading or chipping.
Did you just post "hit up maaco"? are you f'ing serious? i wouldnt let maaco paint my 2yr olds big wheel, let alone my 2yr old car. end of rant
Old 06-03-2009, 05:02 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by RICO_

its impossible to get a turbo bigger then his EGO.
Old 06-03-2009, 11:42 AM

i am not calling bs on this and i would not go in and lie to them if i did do something to the paint. i am not that kind of guy.

something smells fishy? yeah the fact that the black paint on this car is ****. the car was bought brand new there and their service desk said it was paint peeling but their body shop refuses to acknowledge that. i am going to get a few other opinions and bring over the papers from other shops to show them that is what it is, poor paint adhesion.

i will be getting the district service manager involved if i dont get them to agree with me today.

i will keep you all posted, and to ajpturbopittsburgh, thanks for your concern ya little vaggit.
Old 06-03-2009, 01:27 PM

Originally Posted by pubestripe
i am not calling bs on this and i would not go in and lie to them if i did do something to the paint. i am not that kind of guy.

something smells fishy? yeah the fact that the black paint on this car is ****. the car was bought brand new there and their service desk said it was paint peeling but their body shop refuses to acknowledge that. i am going to get a few other opinions and bring over the papers from other shops to show them that is what it is, poor paint adhesion.

i will be getting the district service manager involved if i dont get them to agree with me today.

i will keep you all posted, and to ajpturbopittsburgh, thanks for your concern ya little vaggit.
Don't forget to play the getting North America Honda Corp involved with them. Their service rating is actually important to every location and is noticed.
Old 06-03-2009, 04:07 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Ok man. I hope it works out for you, for real. Your situation sucks. No need for animosity. For the life of me I can't figure out why they are giving you a hard time then. Is it a big chunk? If so I would think it to be very easy to identify a paint process flaw. If it's smaller, then maybe they think a blunt force maybe chipped it. In which case it would be your fault. So if you're legit then by all means raise hell and cause a scene and tell them degenerates that if they coopperated you wouldn't have to cause a scene!
Old 06-03-2009, 07:42 PM

yeah i just didnt enjoy reading your response because i was upset about the car. i went to another body shop and they said it was paint flaws, so i am going to another dealership where they are 99% sure they can get it covered under warranty.

i called and complained to the manager at the other dealership, but i will be making more calls to get that dealership in trouble.
Old 06-04-2009, 06:05 AM

you do realize your car comes with a 36k/3 year bumper to bumper warranty right?
Old 06-04-2009, 06:06 AM

and if all else fails, call american honda and they will make your dealer fix it
Old 06-04-2009, 07:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

thats bs your dealer should cover that **** gets some more opinoins and hound your dealers *** they should've cover that you do have it cover under warranty
Old 06-04-2009, 08:59 PM

Originally Posted by ironworker
Nice I will try that ha ha hey what kind of glock do you have.? I have a 23
Old 06-05-2009, 06:46 AM

Originally Posted by SImadness
Nice I will try that ha ha hey what kind of glock do you have.? I have a 23
I traded my 19 in on my new glock 22. It has the new grip on it and the slide also has a new grip on it.Pretty bad a** IMO. Good luck on gettn your paint fixed!

Last edited by ironworker; 06-05-2009 at 07:06 AM.

Quick Reply: my 09 has paint peeling!