Notices
Honda Civic (2006 - 2015) 2006 - 2015 Civic Forums

is the front HFP kit 2 pieces? Or does it have a connecting "bar"

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2007, 10:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default is the front HFP kit 2 pieces? Or does it have a connecting "bar"

is this bar bigger/thicker than the stock one?

I'm thinking of instead of fixing my bumper, just sticking on a HFP front kit... -_-
Old 03-07-2007, 11:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: is the front HFP kit 2 pieces? Or does it have a connecting "bar" (hyogen)

It's a 1 piece lip. So, yes it connects in the middle.
Old 03-07-2007, 11:16 PM

Default Re: is the front HFP kit 2 pieces? Or does it have a connecting "bar" (.COMplex)

sweet thanks :D

the hfp front will probably not cover 100% of my front bumper cover damage...but it's barely noticeable as it is right now.... it looks so much better than it did... everything looks normal except for the cracks and tears. but right now it looks as if everythings been glued together.

I think the HFP kit will cover 95% very nicely -_- And i don't have to pay to get it painted. hehe The grill looks better than that, but still a little wavy. I'll just use my front license plate from now on...

Lol... ghetto

how do you resize pics anyways -_-
Old 03-07-2007, 11:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Hmm... That looks pretty bad. I don't know if it will be able to mount properly depending on the damage.

I'd spend the money to get a new OEM bumper, but that's just me.

http://collegehillshonda.softw...ch=no
Old 03-08-2007, 02:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: is the front HFP kit 2 pieces? Or does it have a connecting "bar" (hyogen)

please stop trying to be cheap
if you cant afford to fix a car properly thats brand new

you s houldnt be looking at any upgrades for it.
Old 03-08-2007, 04:09 AM

Default Re: is the front HFP kit 2 pieces? Or does it have a connecting "bar" (Type X)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Type X &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">please stop trying to be cheap
if you cant afford to fix a car properly thats brand new

you s houldnt be looking at any upgrades for it.</TD></TR></TABLE>

It's a quality car, save up what money you can and buy a new bumper. And even if you did find a half way decent way of "fixing it" (I use that term loosely) it'd look like ****.
Old 03-08-2007, 07:10 AM
NO MERCY!

Just get a new bumper. Even if the HFP kit somehow manages to cover up the damage mostly, you're still gonna get tired of staring at the remaining damage and you'll wanna get the bumper anyway. Why not get it out of the way?
Old 03-08-2007, 07:22 AM

Default Re: is the front HFP kit 2 pieces? Or does it have a connecting "bar" (RICO_)

okay okay -_-

hehe, this is what happens when you all of a sudden realize money is so tight and you have to pay a whopping $500 deductible for even the small hit and run dent on the back.

I'm working 2 jobs now...as of 2 weeks ago. LOL

about 55 hours a week...not too bad................ :'(

I am just anxious to get some performance mods now is all....after going to that driving school :D
Old 03-08-2007, 07:23 AM

Two jobs nice. Not bragging just comparing, I work 2 jobs, I'm in the National Guard, and I'm a full time student..... sucks.
Old 03-08-2007, 07:28 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by hyogen &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">okay okay -_-

hehe, this is what happens when you all of a sudden realize money is so tight and you have to pay a whopping $500 deductible for even the small hit and run dent on the back.

I am just anxious to get some performance mods now is all....after going to that driving school :D</TD></TR></TABLE>

Last time i checked

HFP kit cost MORE then a 500 dollar deductible.
Old 03-08-2007, 07:29 AM

I'd compare prices on an HFP kit and on getting a new bumper cover. I personally would get a new bumper and have it painted. I just checked on CCC and put some numbers together. The cost of a new cover $256.96, cost of lower air deflector (yours is most likely damage, forgot to look at pic) $33.04. So that's $290.00, now here's the part that sucks... Going by our rates ($43.00/hour, $24.00/hour paint & materials) and with flex additive, color sand/buff, and possible replacement of cilps/retainers, the total I came up with is $771.79. Keep in mind you could most likely just buy the bumper/deflector, take it somewhere to be painted, tell them to forget about sanding/buffing & install and do all that yourself, if you have the means to do that. The numbers I came up with to just get the new bumper refinished (including flex additive) is $578.15. All up to you though, I would get a new one
Old 03-08-2007, 07:44 AM

Default Re: is the front HFP kit 2 pieces? Or does it have a connecting "bar" (WihaSi)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by WihaSi &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I'd compare prices on an HFP kit and on getting a new bumper cover. I personally would get a new bumper and have it painted. I just checked on CCC and put some numbers together. The cost of a new cover $256.96, cost of lower air deflector (yours is most likely damage, forgot to look at pic) $33.04. So that's $290.00, now here's the part that sucks... Going by our rates ($43.00/hour, $24.00/hour paint & materials) and with flex additive, color sand/buff, and possible replacement of cilps/retainers, the total I came up with is $771.79. Keep in mind you could most likely just buy the bumper/deflector, take it somewhere to be painted, tell them to forget about sanding/buffing & install and do all that yourself, if you have the means to do that. The numbers I came up with to just get the new bumper refinished (including flex additive) is $578.15. All up to you though, I would get a new one </TD></TR></TABLE>

QFT. Those are about the same numbers I collected when i was going to pick up a spare bumper for projects. Right around 600 after tax.

By all means, if the lip kit will cover the damage, do it. Cause fixing the front bumper will cost twice as much, with lots of down time, which im sure you cant afford right now with 2 jobs.

If you can live with whatever damage you can see after the lip kit, go for it. If knowing theres damage there, but you just cant see it bugs you, save up for the new bumper. It's ok to drive around for a few weeks or a month with a messed up front bumper. No ones gonna judge you. And if they do, tell them to screw off. Money's tight right now.

ps- If you decide to get the new bumper, get the flex additive. It's not just a way to make more money off you, if you dont get it, you will regret it. Just dont overpay.
Old 03-08-2007, 08:11 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I wouldnt even deal with the insurance through that.... get it looked at and make sure there is no under damage... if its just the bumper, do it yourself.. bumper comes off and goes in in like 5 mins.... all you have to do is have the new one painted.
Old 03-08-2007, 08:20 AM

Default Re: (Demonis)

well, like i've posted on a different thread,

the AC condenser needs to be replaced or the leak repaired (freon all leaked out). Radiator Core support is bent a bit. maybe by 2" where it is most bent...

Radiator needs to be replaced because it is bent due to the core support--about 1-2". The fans work fine, so I'm good for now--but maybe not for hot summer months.

Grrr...
Old 03-08-2007, 08:27 AM

damn, nvm then, go through insur and get everything fixed.

That AC condenser by itself is more than your deductible..
Old 03-08-2007, 08:34 AM

Default Re: (Kakashi)

Yeah, Insurance FTW! You're looking at 2k or more to get that fixed, most likely a bit more. That really sucks
Old 03-08-2007, 08:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (hyogen)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by hyogen &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">well, like i've posted on a different thread,

the AC condenser needs to be replaced or the leak repaired (freon all leaked out). Radiator Core support is bent a bit. maybe by 2" where it is most bent...

Radiator needs to be replaced because it is bent due to the core support--about 1-2". The fans work fine, so I'm good for now--but maybe not for hot summer months.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

A front lip should be LAST on your list of things to get.

Suck it up, make an insurance claim, and get the car properly repaired.
Old 03-08-2007, 09:18 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by hyogen &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">okay okay -_-

I am just anxious to get some performance mods now is all....after going to that driving school :D</TD></TR></TABLE>

1st: You need to switch these two around, driving school, then performance. You need to learn to handle your car in the stock form before making it quicker.

2nd: Since when is a front lip a performance mod?

Get a new OEM bumper and then go to driving school.

/thread.
Old 03-08-2007, 09:23 AM

If you work 55 hours a week, two jobs, and are still tight on money, then I have to ask:

Why did you buy a brand new car?

I know it's "cool" and all having a brand new SI, but even though it's "just" a civic, it's still a ~22 thousand dollar civic, which is a lot of money when a $500 deductible is hurting ya.

Take it from me.. I drove a ****-boxer all throughout High-school (because I worked 35 hours a week @ $7/hour, not exactly enough to own a nice car), and didn't start upgrading cars until now (year 4 of 6 at college) because me and my wife are earning enough combined to buy ourselves decent cars (although our 05 accord was a bit of a gift ).

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">1st: You need to switch these two around, driving school, then performance. You need to learn to handle your car in the stock form before making it quicker.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Re-read what he wrote. He said He wants to mod.. after driving school
Old 03-08-2007, 09:37 AM

ok -_-

damn my insurance is gonna go up from $170 a month to almost $200 :'(

this is b/c of 2 speeding tickets. if I get another it'll be about $215/mo.

The 2 tickets should drop off in a year and half though..