Notices
Honda Civic (2006 - 2015) 2006 - 2015 Civic Forums

euro civic has better amenities!?

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2006, 11:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default euro civic has better amenities!?

dude, i just saw a review of the euro civic. it may look ugly but it sure is pretty cool! they have a push start button. why can't we have that? they have panaramic sunroof! we should too! the scion tc does and it looks awesome. i love their side mirrors with signal light. it's just a nice feature safety feature. they also desiel model. that would be nice but highly unlikely in US. of course, we do have cool features that euro version don't have. but, wouldn't it be nice to get the best of both worlds? hopefully, the 2007 civic will incorporate there nice little features.
Old 04-09-2006, 01:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: euro civic has better amenities!? (aznboi04k)

I'm just happy we didn't get their bodystyle
Old 04-09-2006, 03:02 PM
be professional

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by aznboi04k &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">they have a push start button. why can't we have that?</TD></TR></TABLE>
Because its inconvenient and silly.
Old 04-09-2006, 03:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by aznboi04k &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">dude, i just saw a review of the euro civic. it may look ugly but it sure is pretty cool! they have a push start button. why can't we have that? they have panaramic sunroof! we should too! the scion tc does and it looks awesome. i love their side mirrors with signal light. it's just a nice feature safety feature. they also desiel model. that would be nice but highly unlikely in US. of course, we do have cool features that euro version don't have. but, wouldn't it be nice to get the best of both worlds? hopefully, the 2007 civic will incorporate there nice little features.</TD></TR></TABLE>

The Euro Civic has more features because the market over there is different. People are willing to pay for luxury features in a compact car. All those extra features arent free you know.

People already complain that a $20k Civic cost too much. Imagine how the US market would complain if Honda sold a $25k - $30k Civic that was equipped with HID, bluetooth, leather seats, ....
Old 04-09-2006, 06:12 PM

Default Re: euro civic has better amenities!? (corey415)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by corey415 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">The Euro Civic has more features because the market over there is different. People are willing to pay for luxury features in a compact car. All those extra features arent free you know.

People already complain that a $20k Civic cost too much. Imagine how the US market would complain if Honda sold a $25k - $30k Civic that was equipped with HID, bluetooth, leather seats, .... </TD></TR></TABLE>

no one forces you to get that fully loaded model. it's always nice to have more options.

it just seem wierd that these car are selling under the honda civic name yet they are so different when you look into the details.
Old 04-09-2006, 06:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by aznboi04k &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

no one forces you to get that fully loaded model. it's always nice to have more options.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

Lets be realistic now. The Civic is a entry level economy car. True, it has moved upmarket slightly, but it's not a luxury car. Luxury features comes at a price. A price that would too high for its class. If you want the luxury so bad, just buy a TSX.

Look at the Canadian CSX. It's a Civic with luxury features. Judging by the reactions on this and other forums that I have read, it doesnt seem to me that a lux civic would be well received here.
Old 04-09-2006, 07:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: euro civic has better amenities!? (corey415)

Everyone just stereotypes Honda has a lower class economy car.

In the US, thats what Honda is. Same could be said for Toyota and the Corollas.

You bring a 25-30,000$ civic here and people will say "why don't you just get a Mazda 6? Baseline 350Z?" etc., etc.,.

Its just how society has made us view cars.
Old 04-12-2006, 07:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Even Canadian models have some extra features we didnt get. Washer fluid warning light, heated mirrors, some other junk... nothing THAT important, but why cant we get it?
Old 04-12-2006, 09:34 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Demonis)

dope.. i was looking into an ep3 but the 2007 seems like its goin to be the best civic so far..push start is a nice feature too
Old 04-12-2006, 09:47 AM
be professional

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Re: (Demonis)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Demonis &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Even Canadian models have some extra features we didnt get. Washer fluid warning light, heated mirrors, some other junk... nothing THAT important, but why cant we get it?</TD></TR></TABLE>
I'm sure if heated mirrors were standard equipment, you'd complain about being charged extra for a feature that is useless in Texas.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 87shytwhip &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">push start is a nice feature too</TD></TR></TABLE>
Yeah, since we all know that having to use both hands to start your car instead of one is so much more convenient.
Old 04-12-2006, 11:10 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (Targa250R)

they should at least offer those features down here. I mean come on who would of ever thought there would be a navigation in a freakin civic, and look how many people took out a few extra thousand bucks to pay for it too.
Old 04-12-2006, 11:57 AM

I personally think the new Si (non-euro) is just fine the way it is. When you start suggesting all of the extra features, the price most definitely goes up...and like others have mentioned, then you're looking at a $30K Civic. Let's also keep in mind that one of the main reasons that lots of people are buying the Si instead of the Type-S is b/c they get the same performance level w/o the extra cost. All consumer markets are different and I'm sure that Honda has Market Analysts that spend their careers figuring out what to release and where. This situation is like going to the mall with your good-looking girl friend, and wondering if you might not be happier with some other hot chick you see there! lol "the grass is always greener on the other side" ya know? Just be happy that we have what we have
Old 04-12-2006, 01:13 PM

Default Re: (NAmodified)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by NAmodified &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">they should at least offer those features down here. I mean come on who would of ever thought there would be a navigation in a freakin civic, and look how many people took out a few extra thousand bucks to pay for it too.</TD></TR></TABLE>

well said.