Honda Civic (2006 - 2015) 2006 - 2015 Civic Forums

Droopís FB6 Build

Old 08-02-2018, 09:36 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Droopís FB6 Build

I picked up a 2015 Si sedan last month and am loving it. I still have my 1995 Civic EX sedan that Iím slowly building on here as well but am enjoying this little pocket rocket. It was a one owner car that was owned by the finance manager from the dealership. Completely stock, perfect platform. My EX is going for a bit of a stanced look but this car I would like to track. Not trying to be the fastest or even beat the guy next to me. Just want to have fun with this car. So far all Iíve done is add tint and Skunk2 lowering springs. The springs give it a pretty good drop and the ride great. I might concentrate on my EX now but weíll see. Thanks for checking it out.

Old 08-21-2018, 09:03 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Droopís FB6 Build

I love lighting but didnít want to go with the usual white led upgrade so I tried something different. Not cuz Iím trying to be different, I was just tired of white so I went with Purple. Map, dome, license plate, reverse, DRLís, and fog lights are all now purple. I get hella complements plus I personally love the look. I stayed with 6k on my headlights so I could use that argument ďwhenĒ I get pulled over, lol.

Old 04-13-2019, 04:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Hopefully I can squeeze this in here with all the traffic Iím getting but I also ordered a K&N Typhoon SRI and Full Race catback.

Hopefully itís not too quiet.
Old 04-13-2019, 09:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

You chose high quality parts there... of the top four basic mods, you have purchased number three and four in order of HP gain. The first will be a FlashPro and the second will be the down-pipe (header just isn't the right term since it is just one big pipe LOL). I suggest you order a down-pipe and a FlashPro, install the exhaust parts and take the car in for a quality tune.
Old 04-13-2019, 10:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Itís good to know so far Iíve picked good performance mods even if itís in the wrong order, lol. Itís just that I live in California and am pretty much at a stand still for ďlegalĒ mods. Iím wondering if I can get away with ordering a down pipe and Flashpro and return it to stock tune when it comes time to smog since the down pipe canít really be seen during visual inspection. Would it still pass the sniff test?
Old 04-14-2019, 07:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Droop408 View Post
Itís good to know so far Iíve picked good performance mods even if itís in the wrong order, lol. Itís just that I live in California and am pretty much at a stand still for ďlegalĒ mods. Iím wondering if I can get away with ordering a down pipe and Flashpro and return it to stock tune (maybe) when it comes time to smog since the down pipe canít really be seen during visual inspection. Would it still pass the sniff test? (Even a tuned car can pass the sniff test, but this is not likely the test you will get. A plug in data port test will likely be what you encounter in California... switching back to a stock tune will set off a cat code as soon as the readiness is set and this will fail you. The visual inspection is another issue.)
If you can "trick" the secondary O2 sensor with some electronic gizmo or O2 fouler, you might get away with it. Or, you move to Arizona or Nevada and REALLY love your car again. LOL
Old 04-15-2019, 09:03 AM
Honda-Tech Member

So if Iíve installed a down pipe and have it tuned, and return the tune back to stock when itís time to smog, that will throw a code? If so then thereís no point cuz any check engine light is an automatic fail.
Old 04-15-2019, 08:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Droop408 View Post
So if Iíve installed a down pipe and have it tuned, and return the tune back to stock when itís time to smog, that will throw a code? If so then thereís no point cuz any check engine light is an automatic fail.
The stock tune will be looking for a functioning cat... the down pipe doesn't have one, so you will get a code for the missing cat unless you can "trick" the stock programming long enough to pass smog... that is, no check engine light for at least 100-200 miles after a reset.