Notices
Honda Civic (2006 - 2015) 2006 - 2015 Civic Forums

2014 civic si advice!!??!!??

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2016, 11:38 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Icon3 2014 civic si advice!!??!!??

Hey guys! I recently decided to join the civic family with the purchase of my 2014 si!!! Needless to say it was love at first sight. ( seriously the girlfriend is getting more aggravated by the day, from the amount of attention the car gets versus her lol). I can happily say I'm hooked and was hoping to be able to pick the brains of some of the more veteran Honda lovers out there. I want to improve the overall performance of the car and steering. A friend suggested first tackling this with a new cold air intake, headers and exhaust then purchase coil overs for stiffer suspension to improve steering. I'm fairly new to the mod world and do not live in CA so I'm not worried about emissions laws. Any input advice and just overall discussion on individuals own builds regarding si's and other Hondas would be greatly appreciated thank you !!
Old 04-18-2016, 11:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: 2014 civic si advice!!??!!??

you should check out my build journal if you want to see an approach that gets a lot out of the car without spending a crap ton of money. Since you just got the car I would not worry about dumping a bunch of money into parts until you learn the car.

CAI and Exhaust are probably the biggest waste of dollar vs performance you will feel in the car. Its not a turbo car so you are not gonna gain 60ftlbs by swapping a downpipe like you would on others.

figure the car out first and then mod as needed.
Old 04-19-2016, 08:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The best bang for the buck will be getting Hondata Flashpro. You will really wake the car up a lot even in stock form. Having a less conservative tune on the car will make it that much more fun to drive. The mid range power will put a smile on your face everyday!

Next I would look at better pads, tires and suspension. As for suspension, if you want to wait tomorrow I will be posting up my new setup as I should be receiving it then. This new setup will be something for all 8th and 9th gen to seriously consider. Don't waste your money on those 1000$ suspensions like BC, Skunk2, Godspeed (I have them on right now) etc. The Redshift coilover is a little more expensive but when you think you can customize it how you want and the best part is that it's hand built by Chris from Redshitf. He is probably one of the best suspension analyzers in the country so much as companies like Fortune Auto have approached him. The setup is based on Koni Yellows which right there is where the money is at. If you blow a shock on any coilover it will cost you a rebuild. On the Koni's it's a lifetime warranty! I've blow a few shocks and trust me Koni quality is far superior to anything that is under 1500$. As well as being properly valved for your springs so it works in harmony.

Also I would look at camber kit for the rear and just get camber bolts for the front.
Old 04-19-2016, 09:33 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Thanks guys I really appreciate the feedback I will be checking out both of your builds. Thanks for warning me about spending the money on a new exhaust and intake I suppose I'll checkout the flashpro and focus on the suspension and handling more to start off. I definitely want to avoid spending my money on uneeded parts. But eventually have her purring like a kitten ( more so then she does now )
Old 04-20-2016, 08:06 AM
Honda-Tech Member

The exhaust and CAI (depending which one you get) will make power but only if you have Flashpro to tune it. It's a huge investment but I swear by it the Flashpro is the best bang for the buck period!
Old 05-07-2016, 12:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

DaveSI677 i have a question pertaining to how you had your hondata tuned, did you use vittuned or did you have a shop tune your car? i just recently installed a aem cai (relize now i shouldve purchased a skunk 2 instead after more research) and plan on installing a rv6 downpipe to go with a invidia q300 then tuning the car with flashpro so i dont have to tune it twice to compensate for the mods. any input will be greatly appreciated thank you
Old 05-07-2016, 01:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Zack Shea
DaveSI677 i have a question pertaining to how you had your hondata tuned, did you use vittuned or did you have a shop tune your car? i just recently installed a aem cai (relize now i shouldve purchased a skunk 2 instead after more research) and plan on installing a rv6 downpipe to go with a invidia q300 then tuning the car with flashpro so i dont have to tune it twice to compensate for the mods. any input will be greatly appreciated thank you
Vitviper is the way to go... the guy knows what he is doing and my car never felt better!

What I would do is get everything on and have it him tune it right away after. It will take some back and fort with him but trust me you will love the way the car feels after!