Honda Civic (2006 - 2015) 2006 - 2015 Civic Forums

1/4 mile times.

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2009, 09:38 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: 1/4 mile times.

Originally Posted by Greg50Lt
Dude if we are agreeing then why do you keep saying it will NOT knock off a second. That it will knock off 5tenths. a 14.9 down to a 13.5 or even the 13.8 is 1.4-1.1 seconds off his time now. IT WILL(WILL BEING THE MAIN WORD) knock off a second. you keep sayign IT WILL NOT.

LOL its late and i think im reading this rite. Could be wrong, and if i am just tell me and ill shut up.
Because you keep talking about using drag radials when they weren't mentioned in the original "knock a second off" statement:

Originally Posted by FA5Clown
...reflash and a new header i would honestly say will cut at least a second off your times...
I/H/reflash will NOT knock a second off a stock SI's quarter mile time.

Unless the OP had DRs on originally (which would horrible if he ran a 14.9) then DRs should not be brought into the discussion. DRs alone will knock half a second off of a stock SI's 1/4 mile time.

I run against (and watch) Si's with those mods run every week I go to the track, and it does not knock a second off without DRs.
Old 03-10-2009, 12:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

ok gotcha now.
Old 03-10-2009, 12:23 PM
NO MERCY!

Originally Posted by Greg50Lt
Umm sorry I disagree. With I/H/E and reflash and DRAGRADIALS will knock off a second off the time. Heres a vid to prove it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jRYDU...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kZAlb...eature=related
I have a very serious problem particularly with that first video.

First off in the first video description it says that the car has NO reflash. Second it's a bullshit video anyway. There's no way a basic bolt-on Si is gonna hit 13.5 in the 1/4 mile....even WITH drag radials. And it most certainly IS NOT gonna trap 102mph. The driver is either lying about his mods, or that track is either sloping downward, mis-callibrated, or a combination of both.

And I can already hear people coming to the defense of that video....but frankly it's just crap. There's no way basic boltons with or without drag radials is gonna shave almost a second and a half off the quarter mile time and up trap speed by over 10mph.

May not seem like big numbers. But ask anybody who really knows about drag racing and they'll tell you that going from a high 14 second car to a low 14 second car doesn't take nearly as much work as going from a low 14 second car to a mid-13 second car.

Last edited by RICO_; 03-10-2009 at 12:32 PM.
Old 03-10-2009, 12:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

when i went to the track i hit a 14.8 and thats just with a dcrh. i know im not the best driver, but elevation and temperature was a key factor. the track i went to was 635 ft above sea level, but it was also 96 degrees at 8 p.m. i saw another civic with i/h/e run a 14.6, and a supercharged one was in the 14.0-14.2 mark. im pretty sure if it was colder like aorund the 60's or so, the sc civic would be in the 13's. but to say that a bolt on si was faster than a s/c one?? thats highly unlikely.
Old 03-10-2009, 03:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RICO_

First off in the first video description it says that the car has NO reflash. Second it's a bullshit video anyway. There's no way a basic bolt-on Si is gonna hit 13.5 in the 1/4 mile....even WITH drag radials. And it most certainly IS NOT gonna trap 102mph. The driver is either lying about his mods, or that track is either sloping downward, mis-callibrated, or a combination of both.

Somewhere on 8thgencivic.com there was a thread about it, and everyone was on his ***, then he posted everything on his car/timeslip/weight/dyno for all the nay sayers. Also that he power shifted.

After reading that, I am definately a believer.

There have been 5-6 people recording 13.6's with i/h/e tbs and reflash on DR's and over 20 in the 13.7 - 13.8 region.

I think you are just mad u cant break 14.7:p.
Old 03-10-2009, 05:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Well if my plan fails ill post a vid of me running a dr's and reflash. I hope to run a high 13.and it was a 13.59 i think. if that time was a 13.6 maybe not so much disbelief. and a 13.7 to a 13.6 is not that big of a difference. That time diff could be due to weight from gas.
Old 03-11-2009, 02:52 AM
NO MERCY!

Originally Posted by Vantage
Somewhere on 8thgencivic.com there was a thread about it, and everyone was on his ***, then he posted everything on his car/timeslip/weight/dyno for all the nay sayers. Also that he power shifted.

After reading that, I am definately a believer.

There have been 5-6 people recording 13.6's with i/h/e tbs and reflash on DR's and over 20 in the 13.7 - 13.8 region.

I think you are just mad u cant break 14.7:p.
14.6 *******!

Shaving .4 seconds and upping trap speed by 5mph is alot more believable than shaving 1.5 seconds and increasing trap speed by 10 mph with a few basic boltons.

If the guy posted all his info....then the problem most likely is the track. Or maybe mine. Maybe my track sucks.....but I HIGHLY doubt that since it's used for highly advertised drag racing events. Not really sure....but I know that if he brought that car to San Antonio Raceway he would be in tears after looking at his numbers. Tell me which track looks more level to you.....the one in that video....or this one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R_1DA...eature=related

And no I don't suck at driving. I look at numbers from other videos and wonder why my track is notorious for slower times. There's not a single stock SRT-4 that's been able to break into the 13s....which supposedly they're capable of doing, Mustang GTs doing mid 14s, newer style Mustang GTs with the more powerful engine still doing low 14s, an '01 Cobra I saw did 4 runs and his best time was a 13.8. Two seperate C6 ZO6 corvettes that are SUPPOSED to run 11s stock couldn't break past mid 12s. The best one ran a 12.4 @ 115. It's a ridiculous trend I've come to notice more and more everytime I head out to the raceway. And it's the same no matter what the weather. Cars do slightly better in colder weather....but not by much.

You can't possibly expect me to believe that this guy's bolt-on civic is faster than the Supercharged one that works at the Honda dealership across from my work.

Last edited by RICO_; 03-11-2009 at 03:48 PM.
Old 03-11-2009, 07:39 AM

Originally Posted by jimmytmach
Are you saying he'll run 13.9 vs 14.9 with all of those? Thats like s2000 times.
It's possible. A member on 8th civic ran a 13.9 @ 104 with I/H/E. I think he had IMG and and maybe pulley's.
Old 03-13-2009, 02:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

what size drag radials would i use if i have the FD2 (civic type r) final drive?
Old 03-13-2009, 06:24 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Originally Posted by owen_the_soyboy
no how, theyre are just so many other cars out there (even for the same cost) that are so much faster.

Name one. Some people have gone as low as 14.4 in a 05+ type S STOCK. Honda is the king of all motor 4 cylinders.
Old 03-14-2009, 07:29 AM
Honda-Tech Member

14.6 *******!

Shaving .4 seconds and upping trap speed by 5mph is alot more believable than shaving 1.5 seconds and increasing trap speed by 10 mph with a few basic boltons.

If the guy posted all his info....then the problem most likely is the track. Or maybe mine. Maybe my track sucks.....but I HIGHLY doubt that since it's used for highly advertised drag racing events. Not really sure....but I know that if he brought that car to San Antonio Raceway he would be in tears after looking at his numbers. Tell me which track looks more level to you.....the one in that video....or this one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R_1DA...eature=related

And no I don't suck at driving. I look at numbers from other videos and wonder why my track is notorious for slower times. There's not a single stock SRT-4 that's been able to break into the 13s....which supposedly they're capable of doing, Mustang GTs doing mid 14s, newer style Mustang GTs with the more powerful engine still doing low 14s, an '01 Cobra I saw did 4 runs and his best time was a 13.8. Two seperate C6 ZO6 corvettes that are SUPPOSED to run 11s stock couldn't break past mid 12s. The best one ran a 12.4 @ 115. It's a ridiculous trend I've come to notice more and more everytime I head out to the raceway. And it's the same no matter what the weather. Cars do slightly better in colder weather....but not by much.

You can't possibly expect me to believe that this guy's bolt-on civic is faster than the Supercharged one that works at the Honda dealership across from my work.
I was just saying my car went 14.9! I didn't mean to start some debate...LOL
Old 03-14-2009, 09:19 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by BlurpleDC2
Name one. Some people have gone as low as 14.4 in a 05+ type S STOCK.
No they haven't.
Old 03-14-2009, 10:21 AM
amin n'rangwa edanea

okay, now for some bigger numbers:

anyone know what an EX auto/manual runs? my friend wants me to run mine and i wanna know in advance how embarrassing my time will be (automatic). im thinking low 17?
Old 03-14-2009, 10:29 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Actually, I think low to mid 16s is reasonable for a stock EX.
Old 03-14-2009, 09:01 PM
amin n'rangwa edanea

Originally Posted by 2008fijibluesi
wow, i think you might be right:

http://www.8thcivic.com/forums/4868231-post17.html

with real nice reaction time and a better launch it looks like a 16.5 is just within range for an auto. at least at that track. almost enough to tempt me into shooting for high 15's with some bolt-ons, but i think ill keep things civil with this one
Old 03-15-2009, 11:12 AM

Originally Posted by 2008fijibluesi
I agree I have ex manual with just exhaust and ran a 16.3 but it was my first time at the track so I know I can improve by a couple tenths
Old 03-15-2009, 04:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by fluxion
wow, i think you might be right:

http://www.8thcivic.com/forums/4868231-post17.html

with real nice reaction time and a better launch it looks like a 16.5 is just within range for an auto. at least at that track. almost enough to tempt me into shooting for high 15's with some bolt-ons, but i think ill keep things civil with this one
Just FYI, reaction time doesn't effect your E/T (elasted time) at all. You could technically sit at the line for 5 seconds, and still run the same exact time you ran last time with the .102 r/t.

Friday, when I went to the track, there was a newer Audi (appeared stock, but definitely wasn't) that kept brake boosting at the line. He'd sit for a couple seconds before he took off. It was funny cuz he was trapping 117+ mph so he still caught (and passed) a lot of the cars he raced.
Old 03-16-2009, 06:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

okay, now for some bigger numbers:

anyone know what an EX auto/manual runs? my friend wants me to run mine and i wanna know in advance how embarrassing my time will be (automatic). im thinking low 17?
I take my R18 to the track often and I usually run between 16.0-15.5 depending on the conditions. I usually start running better later in the night as the weather cools down and the track heats up. The fastest time i've ran is 15.8 which I thought was pretty good. I'm not sure what a stock auto EX would run .. I think 17's sound reasonable. Is it a 2 door or a 4 door?
Old 03-17-2009, 04:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by tapesyndrome
I take my R18 to the track often and I usually run between 16.0-15.5 depending on the conditions. I usually start running better later in the night as the weather cools down and the track heats up. The fastest time i've ran is 15.8 which I thought was pretty good. I'm not sure what a stock auto EX would run .. I think 17's sound reasonable. Is it a 2 door or a 4 door?
The fastest time you've run is 15.8 but you "usually run between 16-15.5"? LOL.

Then you run between 15.8-(whatever your slowest times are). Three tenths is a lot.
Old 03-17-2009, 09:17 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by deepsouthhybrid
I have been to the track many times just not in this car. i have had a few swapped eg's inthe past but this thing is a whole new ball game. I really hate the drive by wire it hesitates too much. i am gonna be getting the reflash and a header then i will go back.
If you really want to see your car perform, I suggest you try a road course near you. With suspension, brakes and tires you can see what the 4dr civic chassis was really made for.
Old 03-17-2009, 09:25 AM
amin n'rangwa edanea

Originally Posted by alexs2200
With suspension, brakes and tires you can see what the 4dr civic chassis was really made for.
driving your kids to Chuck-E-Cheese's?
Old 03-17-2009, 09:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

driving your kids to Chuck-E-Cheese's?
Even that will get you more seat time then 14.9 seconds and could be more fun if there are some curvy roads. LOL

Old 03-17-2009, 11:13 AM
Honda-Tech Member

^^^very clean!!!!

But im not so sure if when driving your kids to chuck e cheese is the time for curvy roads and seat time when referenceing to track driving. But who am i to judge.
Old 03-21-2009, 08:37 PM

And I can already hear people coming to the defense of that video....but frankly it's just crap. There's no way basic boltons with or without drag radials is gonna shave almost a second and a half off the quarter mile time and up trap speed by over 10mph.

May not seem like big numbers. But ask anybody who really knows about drag racing and they'll tell you that going from a high 14 second car to a low 14 second car doesn't take nearly as much work as going from a low 14 second car to a mid-13 second car.
How is the first video BS?

He has a video

He has listed his mods on 8thcivic.com

He is known to be a good driver

There are alot more 06+ Si trapping at 100mph and running 13s in the 1/4 mile. It seems like you know little to none in drag racing.
Old 03-22-2009, 09:33 AM
NO MERCY!

Originally Posted by RD Baron Z
How is the first video BS?

He has a video

He has listed his mods on 8thcivic.com

He is known to be a good driver

There are alot more 06+ Si trapping at 100mph and running 13s in the 1/4 mile. It seems like you know little to none in drag racing.
I know enough to know that simple physics can make a drastic change in someone's 1/4 mile results. I'd be pulling those numbers to if I were racing on a downhill sloping track as well. Let me help you out since you obviously can't see it........

The track in THIS video is the exact same track he used in the previous video. Look closely at the track and you and everybody else will see that it DOES have a downhill slope. And YES that slight slope does make a pretty significant difference in acceleration since now gravity is working FOR the vehicle's acceleration and not against it as it would on a level track.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4I_-M...eature=related

Funny to listen to all the people commenting on the video practically worshiping the guy and his so-called "skill". It's not skill....it's simple physics. And all of YOU that think Si's are capable of mid 13s with a few simple un-tuned boltons and some fancy power-shifting.....WAKE UP.

Like I said before......you can't really expect me to believe that putting on a few basic bolt-ons is gonna shave a full 1.5 seconds off of anybody's 1/4 mile time. Even with your precious "good driver". And that video is proof. Get real!

Last edited by RICO_; 03-22-2009 at 01:37 PM.

Quick Reply: 1/4 mile times.