Notices
Honda Civic (2006 - 2015) 2006 - 2015 Civic Forums

***OFFICIAL 8th Gen General Discussion/Rant/INTRODUCTIONS Thread***

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2009, 04:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: ***One & ONLY Official 8th Gen General Discussion/Ramble/Rant/Intro Thread***

rico im sending you a friend request.
my gt is USDMK20z3
Old 12-08-2009, 04:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: ***One & ONLY Official 8th Gen General Discussion/Ramble/Rant/Intro Thread***

so i might take a mini-vacation and go to cali for eibach next year.
Old 12-08-2009, 05:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

do it!! and bring greg with you.
Old 12-08-2009, 05:22 PM
K5^
Brand New

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

It's only Tuesday.
Old 12-08-2009, 05:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

^tell me about it. i wish life was like the movie click.
because i would fast forward to friday when my rims come in.
and i bought the bra off the guy that posted in the fs thread and its
going to be here thursday
Old 12-08-2009, 06:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

what wheels did you buy?
Old 12-08-2009, 06:37 PM
NO MERCY!

Originally Posted by FijiBlueFG2
That was truly the best part. Force the newbs to stay in player match...let the serious players play in ranked. It was a night and day difference in gameplay.
Even some of the serious players were overrated....since the ranked system goes by total score....number of kills etc. So while I may be ranked like 15,000th in Ranked Matches on COD3..........I've already beaten the #4, 3, and 2 ranked players in that game. Only one I haven't played is AceCoolBullet....who is ranked #1.

In COD3, even if someone was shooting at you from (what would be about) 15 feet away (in real life), you could dance around them and dodge their bullets...basically make a fool of them, before meleeing them to death.
lol. I absolutely LOVE doing that to some of the noobs. I'll dance around switching from prone to standing up and jumping left and right. And I'll watch them empty their entire MP44 clip before I put one BAR bullet into them and melee them into next week. Snipers are the easiest ones to jack around with. I'll also pretend I don't see someone and run around a corner only to pop right back out and shoot them right between the eyes as they give chase or right as they're cooking off a grenade.

COD3 is just fun times...........tag teamin with people on a jeep or motorcycle. Sneaking up on the noobs and mantling them while they are thinking they're invincible in their little tanks. Sniping a sniper with a scopeless KAR98 from halfway across the map. You know....**** like that that makes it so much more fun.

I enjoy the older game style of COD3 more than MW2 just because it happens to be my individual preference. I don't like f**king around with fancy thermal scopes or heartbeat sensor attachments, or calling in AC130s and Pavelows. I like to do the killing myself....with my own open sights and without that god aweful guy coming over the speaker and telling you "Enemy Care Package Incoming"......"Enemy UAV Spotted"......over and over and over. It gets really annoying to me.

But other than that MW2 is still somewhat entertaining to me.....it's a whole new gamestyle I'm still trying to get used to although I don't have the absurd amount of game time that half of the freaks that play it for 18 hours straight do. I'll stick to it a while longer and see how it turns out.

Last edited by RICO_; 12-08-2009 at 07:03 PM.
Old 12-08-2009, 06:42 PM
Road House

^He sucks. I made him quit a few matches out of frustration.

I haven't been on in a while, but he definitely wasn't the most talented player, even though he was #1.
Old 12-08-2009, 07:06 PM
NO MERCY!

^He sucks. I made him quit a few matches out of frustration.

I haven't been on in a while, but he definitely wasn't the most talented player, even though he was #1.
EXACTLY!
Old 12-08-2009, 09:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

its snowing in ST paul. Expect to recieve 10" of snow. I had one hell of a time getting up a hill(still didn't make it). I...WTF was I thinking...LOL, and under snow, is ice. On a normal, day with out snow, I make it home in 15 min. Today, with 3in of snow, I made it home in 45min...I suck.
Old 12-09-2009, 01:28 PM
NO MERCY!

Originally Posted by dntnedvtec
its snowing in ST paul. Expect to recieve 10" of snow. I had one hell of a time getting up a hill(still didn't make it). I...WTF was I thinking...LOL, and under snow, is ice. On a normal, day with out snow, I make it home in 15 min. Today, with 3in of snow, I made it home in 45min...I suck.
**** weather people here suck. Just a week ago KSAT12 news was making a huge deal about San Antonio getting snow. Something like a 70% chance. That morning they had their little snow patrol out and everything.

Nothing. Not a single flurry.

It's a shame. Last time it snowed here the entire city practically shut down and turned into one giant bumper-car slaughter-fest. All the businesses closed or got out early. And there were accidents everywhere you looked.

It was great!
Old 12-09-2009, 04:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

so im horrible at remembering what day it is.
i thought the bra i bought is coming tomorrow, but its coming on the 11th which is friday lol
epic fail on my part. i woke up thinking it was the 10th. but im getting some nitto nt 555 on fiday =]
Old 12-09-2009, 04:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

LOL, we got our 10". Its funny because people here in MN, have lived here, they know the roads are slippery, slick and what not, but yet, they can't seem to figure out how to drive in the snow......sons of beeches....I almost got rear ended today buying winter tires...700.00.....that was suppose to go towards pistons...
Old 12-09-2009, 05:48 PM
K5^
Brand New

So for you east coast cats, what do you consider to be 'cold?'
Old 12-09-2009, 07:12 PM
NO MERCY!

Originally Posted by K5^
I'm not exactly east coast....but I'm outside in shorts and a short sleeve shirt in low 40 degree weather. Mid 30s i'll slap on a light zip-up hoodie. Anything in the 20s is when I actually start wearing jeans.

Coldest weather I've ever been in is 14 degrees in Chicago. I'm sure it's not that cold compared to where some of you live, but it was actually pretty f**king cold to me coming from South Central Texas. I stepped outside in my night clothes just to see how long i could take it.....7 seconds later i was back inside and under the blankets. **** is cold.

Seems like temperature drops feel exponentially colder on your body. A drop from 40 degrees to 30 here in town feels much more noticeable than a drop from 50 to 40.
Old 12-09-2009, 07:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

was 14 degrees and snowing here in utah.. shorts and a hoodie

it's really not bad if there is no wind
Old 12-09-2009, 07:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

rico get om mw2 and play with me and greg.
we're kickin *** on domination
Old 12-09-2009, 07:46 PM
K5^
Brand New

Any of you going through prestige yet?
Old 12-09-2009, 08:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

im not. only level 56.
im too tied up with work.
only get to play a few hours after work then
its wifey time from there on.
Old 12-09-2009, 08:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by K5^
Any of you going through prestige yet?
I have and am back up to level 48 again. It's sad I know, but I've had a lot of free time in the past few weeks.

A cool shot I took playing Froza 3 tonight:

Old 12-09-2009, 08:27 PM
K5^
Brand New

Good progress. I wish I had more time to play, but so far it's been a real distraction from the studies. I just unlocked bling today. Any one know when bling pro get's unlocked?
Old 12-09-2009, 08:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

not off hand but i know you can go to 1000 kills with it i think
Old 12-09-2009, 08:59 PM
Road House

Originally Posted by K5^
Cold is when your car's engine temp drops, while sitting at red lights, even after it has been fully warmed up.

Cold is when you start your car up, and drive around for a good 25 minutes before the heat comes on.

Cold is when you can no longer feel your nose/hands/feet, etc.

Cold is when a hot shower is not relaxing, but actually hurts.

Cold is when you can feel cold blood flowin through your veins.

But its very humbling. Makes you enjoy a nice warm bed and cup of joe that much more. The worst I have felt is probably about -22deg F, and highest probably 102deg F. The way it works out up here, New Years Eve is the coldest night of the year.
Old 12-09-2009, 09:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

^ yes, but have you ever heard of a "wind chill"? pretty much how it feels to have wind blowing at your noggin. That, plus the cold = usually a negative temp. First time I ever heard of it me and my buddy were standing out side, in about 7 degree out side temp. (Forcast: 7 deg, with a wind chill of a -30deg)The wind kicked up, and I thought I froze my eye ***** open. "Yep! thats the wind chill!!" says my buddy. Its 0 deg right now if you all were wondering...
Old 12-09-2009, 09:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by RICO_
I'm not exactly east coast....but I'm outside in shorts and a short sleeve shirt in low 40 degree weather. Mid 30s i'll slap on a light zip-up hoodie. Anything in the 20s is when I actually start wearing jeans.

Coldest weather I've ever been in is 14 degrees in Chicago. I'm sure it's not that cold compared to where some of you live, but it was actually pretty f**king cold to me coming from South Central Texas. I stepped outside in my night clothes just to see how long i could take it.....7 seconds later i was back inside and under the blankets. **** is cold.

Seems like temperature drops feel exponentially colder on your body. A drop from 40 degrees to 30 here in town feels much more noticeable than a drop from 50 to 40.
Try going from 75 in Fesno, Cali, jump on a plane, land in MN 4 hrs later, 60 degrees colder..not cool....I was in slippers and shorts and a T-shirt.

Quick Reply: ***OFFICIAL 8th Gen General Discussion/Rant/INTRODUCTIONS Thread***