Honda Civic (2001 - 2005) Coupe / Sedan / Hybrid (Includes Acura EL)

My Build Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2009, 01:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: My Build Thread

Originally Posted by jdm em2
OH its tru its tru!
rofl copter
Old 01-23-2009, 03:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think the next question was if u can put a air plane motor in a em2 HAHA
Old 01-23-2009, 04:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by toyomatt84
Well, to be frank, there's not many "nice" things to say about the car. You won't catch a ton of flames on a build thread, oddly enough.

Yeah, and then he could use it as a coffee table in his living room, since it'd cost a rather unrealistic amount to put it in his car. Don't bother posting, if you don't know what you're talking about. The only feasible option he has for engine swaps, are K-series. Do yourself a favor and look at the FAQ thread before posting.

No problem bro..your not being frank...But Y isn't there a lot of nice things to say about my car..its boost'd and I think pritty clean..But its all good..I am the one that drives it everyday...
Old 01-23-2009, 07:56 PM
Sanji

Received 35 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by kenbo21
No problem bro..your not being frank...But Y isn't there a lot of nice things to say about my car..its boost'd and I think pritty clean..But its all good..I am the one that drives it everyday...
Don't take this personal, as it's strictly subjective and one should never let someone else dictate their personal tastes.

The car doesn't suit my tastes in any way, and I wouldn't have done anything on your modifications list.
Old 01-23-2009, 08:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Don't take this personal, as it's strictly subjective and one should never let someone else dictate their personal tastes.

The car doesn't suit my tastes in any way, and I wouldn't have done anything on your modifications list.
+1

It seems like you tried to do everything without really excelling in one area. None of the parts are of high quality, and as a result the overall result is pretty bleh.

Faster than my POS though
Old 01-24-2009, 08:57 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by katzenjammer84
+1

it seems like you tried to do everything without really excelling in one area. None of the parts are of high quality, and as a result the overall result is pretty bleh.

Faster than my pos though
+2
Old 01-26-2009, 11:55 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by katzenjammer84
+1

It seems like you tried to do everything without really excelling in one area. None of the parts are of high quality, and as a result the overall result is pretty bleh.

Faster than my POS though
So HKS...Tial...Neuspeed...AEM...these are not high quality parts???

This kit to me is better than paying $4000 for a full turbo kit.I paid a total of $2500 for this and did it all myself..this is the first turbo car I have ever done..All research done bye me....The only part I will agree with is the turbo is not the best...and maybe the turbo mani. I heard that OBX mani crack..been just about a year with boost and no cracks...other than that what would you guys like to see that will show Im excelling in one area???

Either way..I appreciate you guys comments and support..I do understand that its not a personal attack at all..But you also need to understand that I have a fully custom turbo kit..put togeather bye yours truthly as a first time turbo kit..Of course I would have done some things different, but wait until this years tax refund..than we will see what you guys think...

The FF7's will be going back on..with the Sportline springs and blues...Than I am looking to sell the F/IC and get K-pro.....Also in the market for an Intake Mani...
Old 01-26-2009, 01:17 PM
Sanji

So HKS...Tial...Neuspeed...AEM...these are not high quality parts???

This kit to me is better than paying $4000 for a full turbo kit.I paid a total of $2500 for this and did it all myself..this is the first turbo car I have ever done..All research done bye me....The only part I will agree with is the turbo is not the best...and maybe the turbo mani. I heard that OBX mani crack..been just about a year with boost and no cracks...other than that what would you guys like to see that will show Im excelling in one area???

Either way..I appreciate you guys comments and support..I do understand that its not a personal attack at all..But you also need to understand that I have a fully custom turbo kit..put togeather bye yours truthly as a first time turbo kit..Of course I would have done some things different, but wait until this years tax refund..than we will see what you guys think...

The FF7's will be going back on..with the Sportline springs and blues...Than I am looking to sell the F/IC and get K-pro.....Also in the market for an Intake Mani...
The boost setup is really the only thing I can't really say is all that bad. I don't really like the feel of turbo setups on Honda's, but that's my preference. The OBX manifold is pretty bad in quality/design, but as you said it's still holding up. The piping layout could use some work, to make it look cleaner, but it's not really a performance upgrade. The wheels, ride height, tail light setup, overkill tint, cheap paint covered fuse box & spark plug cover, and brightly painted calipers/drums are the biggest drawbacks to your car.
Old 01-26-2009, 04:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

The boost setup is really the only thing I can't really say is all that bad. I don't really like the feel of turbo setups on Honda's, but that's my preference. The OBX manifold is pretty bad in quality/design, but as you said it's still holding up. The piping layout could use some work, to make it look cleaner, but it's not really a performance upgrade. The wheels, ride height, tail light setup, overkill tint, cheap paint covered fuse box & spark plug cover, and brightly painted calipers/drums are the biggest drawbacks to your car.
The boost setup isn't all that bad..well thx bro!!!! Ya the mani is bad I know..but I found this out after I bought it..but its doing the job for now..Plus dezod is 15 min from me..So if it does come down to it, I will go there and get a new one if I have to...You dont like the new I/C Layout better??? I think it looks a lot better than before....and you dont like the ff7's??? Y is it the size??? Look??company??? give me a reason...ride height..agreed..springs sitting there...struts coming with tax refund....tail lights back to stock...5% tint...lol ya kinda dark but I like it dark in the back...hahahah....painted fuse box and spark plug cover...agreed..I did it myself..not the best and does kinda look cheap..once I put on vavle cover..prob keep the valve cover off...and paint the fuse box back to black..not sure yet....calipers/drums...lol agree also..but didn't at the time have money for real calipers..those will be coming shortly...thx for the feedback..I like to know what other people think other than my friends...much appriecation...
Old 01-26-2009, 04:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

oh look another boosted coupe like me!
Old 01-26-2009, 06:51 PM
Sanji

The boost setup isn't all that bad..well thx bro!!!! Ya the mani is bad I know..but I found this out after I bought it..but its doing the job for now..Plus dezod is 15 min from me..So if it does come down to it, I will go there and get a new one if I have to...You dont like the new I/C Layout better??? I think it looks a lot better than before....and you dont like the ff7's??? Y is it the size??? Look??company??? give me a reason...ride height..agreed..springs sitting there...struts coming with tax refund....tail lights back to stock...5% tint...lol ya kinda dark but I like it dark in the back...hahahah....painted fuse box and spark plug cover...agreed..I did it myself..not the best and does kinda look cheap..once I put on vavle cover..prob keep the valve cover off...and paint the fuse box back to black..not sure yet....calipers/drums...lol agree also..but didn't at the time have money for real calipers..those will be coming shortly...thx for the feedback..I like to know what other people think other than my friends...much appriecation...
The new intercooler setup is a little sloppy, nothing you couldn't fix with some elbow grease and maybe some minor parts here and there. Motegi wheels are bargain basement knock-off's, and at that ride height 17's make the car look unbalanced.

As for what's behind the wheels, a simple re-spray will do wonders for the brakes. I'd recommend a high-heat satin black (sand a little first, for better adherence). The fusebox lid and spark plug cover could use the same treatment as well.

PS. Is that red valve cover going on? If so, it desperately needs some help. The paint has noticeable imperfections, and it's such a drab shade of red that it even looks cheap (my guess is Autozone or Wal-Mart discount brand paint). Some serious elbow grease with sandpaper (wet sanding) and a couple coats of Duplicolor's MetalCast series, is a cheap way to achieve a nice valve cover with some flair to it. I don't like that much flair on my own car, so I powdercoated the valve cover on my K wrinkle black.
Old 01-26-2009, 07:12 PM

Not really a fan of the rims/tails/pedals/painted drums. Everything else looks good.
Old 02-07-2009, 04:55 PM

I think what everyone is trying to say is that they really didnt like your taillights to start off with bro. Nothing on it is terrible, but you could have done some stuff different. Honda- Tech is mostly people in the JDM scene...Motegis and altezza lights not falling under that category. Your car is faster than most of the EM2s on this forum, and the fact that you did the work your self also says something about it. Keep up the good work brotha.
Old 02-08-2009, 05:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

yo man i am In CT how far are you form here. im right on the NY border. i also have some parts iw ould night ind hooking you up with to achive your clean look. getting rod of some of the old getting in with some new. hit me up any time by PM por w.e
Old 02-08-2009, 10:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I have the same thing and 02 civic coupe boosted 8psi with 193k hehe
Old 02-10-2009, 03:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Nice maple...what are you using to tune?
Old 02-10-2009, 06:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Hey man, nice car. Im in toronto and i believe ive seen that blue es2 on the far left around my area. maybe i can hook up wit u guys next time u guys meet up. link me up..
Old 02-10-2009, 06:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

thats a good setup you got as of now from the reading ive done the aem fic is the best ems to go with... everyone learns as they go along. you built your car to how you wanted it so dont let others prefrences take over your other wise its not your car ne more its everyone elses....
Old 02-11-2009, 07:45 AM

very nice progress bud. I especially like the stance of the car. and obviously the boost
Old 02-17-2009, 03:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

You like the stance? It is stock...not even dropped yet. Getting KYB GR-2's to go with the Sportline springs. that will be going on in the next month..updates to come in a couple weeks
Old 03-05-2009, 10:11 AM
Honda-Tech Member

bump..new pics up 3/5/09...front lip...system out..working on trunk..custom box....painted wire cover and fuse box glossy black.....installed voodoo vacuum block...
Old 03-18-2009, 03:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Headgasket job done!!!!! pics on first page...enjoy
Old 03-18-2009, 03:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

boost is nice. lower it, get some sideskirts, and u'll be set.
Old 05-18-2009, 04:46 PM

dont worry about it kenbo....toyo has the best car on here lol
Old 05-18-2009, 05:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by orlandoEM2
dont worry about it kenbo....toyo has the best car on here lol
I dont no if your being sarcastic or what but he does
its simple but all the stuff on his car is real and legit!

Quick Reply: My Build Thread