Honda Civic (2001 - 2005) Coupe / Sedan / Hybrid (Includes Acura EL)

Beef with fast and furious 3 TD

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2006, 02:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Beef with fast and furious 3 TD

alright peps, i saw the new fast and furious. I'm gonna say it was better than 2fast2furious, however i have some beef with the makers, where the F#@K was the s2000?, what kind of fast and furious has like no hondas in it. honda's built the tunner movement. and one more question for makers what was that veildside number me and friends have a bet on what kind of car that was>
Old 06-26-2006, 02:39 PM
Sanji

Received 35 Likes on 31 Posts

The Fortune Veilside RX-7.

Modified by toyomatt84 at 12:09 AM 6/28/2006
Old 06-26-2006, 02:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (toyomatt84)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by toyomatt84 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">As far as the "Tokyo Drift" part of the title goes, the majority of the film was filmed on-site.... IN TEXAS! About 15% of the total film was ACTUALLY in Japan. What a crock.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Why do you think I havent gone and seen it, just to find out how ghey it was???
Old 06-26-2006, 02:46 PM
Sanji

Default Re: (Red_EMII)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Red_EMII &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Why do you think I havent gone and seen it, just to find out how ghey it was???</TD></TR></TABLE>

I just downloaded it to see that rediculously modified hatchback Bow Wow drove.
Old 06-26-2006, 02:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by toyomatt84 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Bow Wow drove. </TD></TR></TABLE>

BowWow is in it?? Isnt he like 16???

Ok well, I just found another reason why I didnt go see it.

I knew there was more than one.
Old 06-26-2006, 03:05 PM

a lot of it was filmed in LA ... where did u hear texas?
Old 06-26-2006, 03:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

the reason the s2000 wasnt in it imo is because it isnt a mainstream drifting car. dont get me wrong, there are s2000 drifters but its just that it isnt one of those cars that people say "hey i wanna drift. lets get a s2000".
Old 06-26-2006, 03:15 PM
Sanji

Default Re: (aznboysrfr)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by aznboysrfr &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">a lot of it was filmed in LA ... where did u hear texas?</TD></TR></TABLE>

imdb stated that Texas was the main shooting site, about 2 months before it's release. But, they've seemed to replace what was posted there with the following:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0463985/locations
Old 06-26-2006, 03:54 PM

You guys care too much about the movie. Don't flame because you didn't like it. I'm sure your not going to be in anyway affected by this movie at all.

A portion of the movie was filmed in southern california at the Downey Studios. I know a few people that had their cars in the movie.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Red_EMII &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Why do you think I havent gone and seen it, just to find out how ghey it was???

</TD></TR></TABLE>
Old 06-26-2006, 04:13 PM
Sanji

Default Re: (Borokazan)

Old 06-26-2006, 05:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

if your going to flame on tokyo drift about how unreal it is.. why dont people do the same thing about other movies... like people jumping canyons in movies when in real life u know you cant jump that far... or stunts in xxx that couldnt be done in real life... so much things are exaggerated in movies that cant truely happen in real life.... i mean if you didnt know anything about tokyo drift and watch it.. would u have known it was filmed in texas or LA... no!.... i mean movies are movies... its a realm where we can escape to enjoy the ENTERTAINMENT... anyways.. thats just my opinion
Old 06-26-2006, 09:26 PM

bow wow was my fav character in it, he was funny
Old 06-26-2006, 09:59 PM

seriously dont say anything

fast and the furious is what sparked all most 99.6% of tuners today. don't lie to yourself.

am i right? dont act like you were an original.
Old 06-26-2006, 10:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (xproductionz)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by xproductionz &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">if your going to flame on tokyo drift about how unreal it is.. why dont people do the same thing about other movies... like people jumping canyons in movies when in real life u know you cant jump that far... or stunts in xxx that couldnt be done in real life... so much things are exaggerated in movies that cant truely happen in real life.... i mean if you didnt know anything about tokyo drift and watch it.. would u have known it was filmed in texas or LA... no!.... i mean movies are movies... its a realm where we can escape to enjoy the ENTERTAINMENT... anyways.. thats just my opinion</TD></TR></TABLE>

I totally agree with you man. I bet the ones who have criticized the movie have acutally seen it. I gotta admit the acting was cheezy but the GIRLS and cars were badass
Old 06-26-2006, 11:53 PM
Sanji

Default Re: (theciv)

Old 06-27-2006, 02:14 PM

S2000 is not a drift car. sure any car can be drifted but the s200 is too stable and better off on the track beating the fastest laps
Old 06-27-2006, 04:44 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by toyomatt84 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

imdb stated that Texas was the main shooting site, about 2 months before it's release. But, they've seemed to replace what was posted there with the following:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0463985/locations</TD></TR></TABLE>

ah, okay. I was just wondering ... my ex-gf saw them shooting it in LA, that's why I asked heh
Old 06-27-2006, 05:41 PM

Default Re: (aznboysrfr)

Weak. I drove a 240SX and was into the drifting thing, and im also what you call a "teenaged tuner". I've never once possesed nitrous, underglow, or any of the other "rice paraphenelia". A movie is a movie. We saw the same thing from both other films in the Fast and the Furious series and now suddenly people are concerned with the effects of the trends this movie will set. It's just a movie, stay clear from the rice kids and by any chance you do get hit by some kid in his corolla, you can go ahead and file a claim against him and hook your car up with a K20 or something. Hollywood is Hollywood, movies are movies. What bothers me is that typically I place a great deal of respect in what Toyomatt says. Seemed to be the only person that wasn't a ricer. Eh whatever. Overall after reading this I feel a whole lot more apathetic.
Old 06-27-2006, 05:42 PM

Oh and please don't be too "JDM cool".
Old 06-27-2006, 09:08 PM
Sanji

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Borokazan &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Weak. I drove a 240SX and was into the drifting thing, and im also what you call a "teenaged tuner". I've never once possesed nitrous, underglow, or any of the other "rice paraphenelia". A movie is a movie. We saw the same thing from both other films in the Fast and the Furious series and now suddenly people are concerned with the effects of the trends this movie will set. It's just a movie, stay clear from the rice kids and by any chance you do get hit by some kid in his corolla, you can go ahead and file a claim against him and hook your car up with a K20 or something. Hollywood is Hollywood, movies are movies. What bothers me is that typically I place a great deal of respect in what Toyomatt says. Seemed to be the only person that wasn't a ricer. Eh whatever. Overall after reading this I feel a whole lot more apathetic.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I'm sorry I made you feel that way, it's just that in my local area, that's typically what happens. I work near 4 movie theatres, and I've never seen more erratic driving behavior, than the night of that movie. I guess it's just a lot of penned up anger releasing on the first chance possible. I guess I should just eliminate my posts on this thread. It seemed to cause nothing but negativity. And, really, that's pointless.
Old 06-28-2006, 09:20 AM
Grace Under Pressure

^^^Very gallant of you toyomatt. However, people are allowed their opinions. Ive nothing against people who like the films, in fact a lot of my mates like them, but i personally can't stand the series of F&F films.
I know they're only films and its just entertainment, but just a modicum of reality in there somewhere surely wouldn't go amiss? And it has spawned a hell of a lot of idiotic drivers and a real life street F&F culture that is is just plain wrong. I'm not saying that everyone who likes the series is a moron or an irresponsible driver (my own mates fall into neither category, or they wouldn't be my mates), but even those who do like it must be able to see the negative effects it has created, as well as it being "only a film" and "full of great action sequences". Its also all very well saying "file a claim against the idiot trying to drift his corrolla", but what if he kills you? What about when he knocks over the kids at the bus stop? It DOES happen.
I watched F&F1 and thought it was terrible, so i watched F&F2 in the hope it would have improved somewhat. Needless to say, i will not be watching F&F3.

But thats just me. Please, no flaming for stating my own opinion - we're all entitled to one.

Old 06-28-2006, 10:19 AM

Default Re: (ONLYuk7thGen)

im glad u guys have started aguments over a damn movie, i didn't even have to reply for the longest time and all really wanted was answered by toyomatt, funny stuff,

but anyway more about that rx-7, i had an ek owner and also long term friend of my said that the wide bodykit on that car made the car the same width as the length.... discuss
Old 06-28-2006, 02:32 PM
Sanji

Default Re: (Specialedition05)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Specialedition05 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">im glad u guys have started aguments over a damn movie, i didn't even have to reply for the longest time and all really wanted was answered by toyomatt, funny stuff,

but anyway more about that rx-7, i had an ek owner and also long term friend of my said that the wide bodykit on that car made the car the same width as the length.... discuss</TD></TR></TABLE>

That's incorrect. The body kit is very wide, indeed, but it's not as wide as the car is long. That's just obsurd.
http://veilside.com/veilsideusa/frames.html
Old 06-28-2006, 04:35 PM

I actually liked the movie, I was very entertained. Thats really what I go to see a movie for. You really wouldn't ever see most of the things they did in that movie. Except when the main character horridly wrecks that s15. Awesome.

Does anyone know what was on the back of Bow-wow's hatch? It kind of looked like a fist, but I really couldn't make out what it was.
Old 06-28-2006, 07:26 PM

Default Re: (X_atari_x)

Lil' Bow Wow ( as the "hommies" call him in the "hood") i believe he was driving a VW tougage, i say this because i swore i saw a VW symbol on it, however i'm willing to be proved wrong. My favorite thing about bow wow's car was the "hulk theme"...

Quick Reply: Beef with fast and furious 3 TD