Notices
Honda / Acura Appearance related discussion for Honda / Acura vehicles

Volks Rays GT-C one piece ?? scam or real ?? please help me !!

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2004, 08:40 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Volks Rays GT-C one piece ?? scam or real ?? please help me !!

Ok here is the story. A local guy here want to sell me some rims... He told me that they are real 15 inch, 6.5 wide Rays GT-C, silver. But I dunno about the fact that he told me that they are one piece ??

Usually GT-C came in two pieces right ? or maybe they did one piece too ?? I dunno that much about those nice rims...

I didnt see them in person... or on a pic. Im supposed to see the guy tommorow at his JDM shop.

If anyone have a pic of the one piece design or maybe just confirm that the guy is right could really help me !
Old 11-16-2004, 08:41 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Volks Rays GT-C one piece ?? scam or real ?? please help me !! (yellowturbo)

Good Luck.

Old 11-16-2004, 08:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

GTCs never came in one piece...nor do they come in 15 inch...unless its the old school GTCs did....
Old 11-16-2004, 08:49 AM

Default Re: Volks Rays GT-C one piece ?? scam or real ?? please help me !! (Ekizzle)

good luck ?? it doesnt really help me at all loll
Old 11-16-2004, 09:04 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Volks Rays GT-C one piece ?? scam or real ?? please help me !! (yellowturbo)

If it's local, look at the wheel and see if it has "RAYS ENGINEERING" in raised letters on the wheel. Look on the back of the wheel where it connects to the hub and it should say the same as well as have a sticker on the inside of the wheel to verify authenticity.
Old 11-16-2004, 09:10 AM

Default Re: Volks Rays GT-C one piece ?? scam or real ?? please help me !! (ITR 98 1162)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ITR 98 1162 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">If it's local, look at the wheel and see if it has "RAYS ENGINEERING" in raised letters on the wheel. Look on the back of the wheel where it connects to the hub and it should say the same as well as have a sticker on the inside of the wheel to verify authenticity. </TD></TR></TABLE>

cool thanks I will look for that ! I think that they maybe are older model to be one piece... I really dont think they guy lies cuz he really seems to be a great guy ! But I prefer to be sure that I will get the real things...

Now if someone have a pic of those wheels it would be cool to post it !
Old 11-16-2004, 09:18 AM

so you dont even know what they look like?

but your gunna buy them cause they are mAb tiiiTTee jdM y0.

baller
Old 11-16-2004, 09:20 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Volks Rays GT-C one piece ?? scam or real ?? please help me !! (envision2teg)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by envision2teg &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">so you dont even know what they look like?

baller </TD></TR></TABLE>
Your a jackass who can't read. He is going to see them at the guys shop. He is LOCAL, as in no shipping needed.
Old 11-16-2004, 09:22 AM

Default Re: Volks Rays GT-C one piece ?? scam or real ?? please help me !! (theSYNDICATE)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by theSYNDICATE &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
Your a jackass who can't read. He is going to see them at the guys shop. He is LOCAL, as in no shipping needed.</TD></TR></TABLE>

actually im just a jackass, i can read fine.

you know what else i can do, i can look **** up.

just checked rays "wheel database" and they list no GT-C 1 piece wheels.

EDIT and for that matter of fact, they dont even list a 15" OR a 16" GT-C.
Old 11-16-2004, 09:28 AM

Default Re: Volks Rays GT-C one piece ?? scam or real ?? please help me !! (envision2teg)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by envision2teg &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">so you dont even know what they look like?

baller </TD></TR></TABLE>

WTF I know how GT-C look like and I like the look of them. Im not just sure if they REALLY did one piece cuz I cant find a pic *if you are smart enought you can imagine the GT-C without all those bolts who make them 2 piece ??*...

I was just asking for some info... Now a nice guy told me how to verify if they are real... I just dont want to pay for Volks if they are not... If you dont care about your $ and the quality of the products you buy its not my problem...

Im not looking for the JDM look but for a good set of 15 inch wheels... so if you cant help me just read all the others posts...
Old 11-16-2004, 09:31 AM

thank for the help guys... I will let you know if I buy them and I will send some pics...

Anyway I can see the wheel before getting them... and he told me that they are Rays GT-C one piece... ?? I will just verify before buying them... I really dont think that hes a scammer cuz he usually know whats he is talking about.
Old 11-16-2004, 09:33 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by yellowturbo &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
Im not looking for the JDM look but for a good set of 15 inch wheels... so if you cant help me just read all the others posts... </TD></TR></TABLE>

and i told you, rays lists no 1 piece, or even 15" GT-C in their wheel database.....
Old 11-16-2004, 09:55 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by envision2teg &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

and i told you, rays lists no 1 piece, or even 15" GT-C in their wheel database.....</TD></TR></TABLE>

ok ok, but I will go to the shop to take a look at them... maybe they are not listed... anyway I will look at them and look for authencity marks...
Old 11-16-2004, 10:01 AM
Honda-Tech Member

if you want 15" wheels - I have some mugen rnr and vork emotion cr for sale. located in alberta.
Old 11-16-2004, 10:11 AM

Default Re: Volks Rays GT-C one piece ?? scam or real ?? please help me !! (whatcivic)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by whatcivic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">if you want 15" wheels - I have some mugen rnr and vork emotion cr for sale. located in alberta.</TD></TR></TABLE>

No thanks ! I prefer to buys my wheels locally
Old 11-16-2004, 10:19 AM

gt-c's start at 17's i believe.
Old 11-16-2004, 10:51 AM

I just talked with the guy... he told me that its wrote Rays or Volks I dont remember... in the casting at the back of the hub...

Maybe they are not GT-C but a older model that came from Japan and look like GT-C ??

I will post some pics of them for you guys !
Old 11-16-2004, 11:07 AM

Default Re: Volks Rays GT-C one piece ?? scam or real ?? please help me !! (dr_jdm)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by dr_jdm &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">gt-c's start at 17's i believe.</TD></TR></TABLE>

^ He is correct GT-Cs start @ 17's