Honda / Acura Appearance related discussion for Honda / Acura vehicles

♠ Shaved, Tucked, Customized Engine Bays - Pics, Theory, Discussion ♠

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2007, 11:02 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: (American.Graffiti)

Yes, I have a full sized Autozone battery in the trunk.

I cannot comment on how it performs (if one can even quantify that ) because the car isn't running

feel free to ask any questions
Old 04-18-2007, 11:10 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (B18EG6)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by B18EG6 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Yes, I have a full sized Autozone battery in the trunk.

I cannot comment on how it performs (if one can even quantify that ) because the car isn't running

feel free to ask any questions </TD></TR></TABLE>

Im just trying to figure out where to put my battery at and if it is even a good idea to go to the smaller bat. My car is going to be daily driven and I will run a clock and CD player.
Old 04-18-2007, 11:16 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Here's where I put mine. Never finished it by building a false floor cause I wrecked it

Planned on getting a yellow top, but I never had any problems with a "regular" battery.
Old 04-18-2007, 11:18 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Name:  drop.jpg
Views: 46
Size:  133.3 KB
where is your radiator support?
Old 04-18-2007, 11:20 AM

EFSS153

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (swoyEKr.)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by swoyEKr. &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...Build/drop.jpg
where is your radiator support?</TD></TR></TABLE>

They bolt in on EFs. He's in swap mode.
Old 04-18-2007, 11:21 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (misanthropist)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by misanthropist &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Here's where I put mine. Never finished it by building a false floor cause I wrecked it

Planned on getting a yellow top, but I never had any problems with a "regular" battery.</TD></TR></TABLE>

That setup is nice, how stable was the battery in the back?
Old 04-18-2007, 11:24 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (swoyEKr.)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by swoyEKr. &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">[img]https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v222/vega_box/ED%20Build/drop.jpg[img]
where is your radiator support?</TD></TR></TABLE>

oh yeah you 92+ don't have a removable T-bar huh??
Old 04-18-2007, 11:27 AM

EFSS153

Default Re: (vega_box)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by vega_box &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

oh yeah you 92+ don't have a removable T-bar huh??</TD></TR></TABLE>

My Fit does. You need to swap it for JDM front, haha. No really, you do.
Old 04-18-2007, 11:28 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by American.Graffiti &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">That setup is nice, how stable was the battery in the back?</TD></TR></TABLE>

As stable as it was up front. I used the stock battery tie downs

The finished product was going to look something like this -

Stealth is your friend
Old 04-18-2007, 11:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by misanthropist &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Stealth is your friend </TD></TR></TABLE>

Yeah, it helps keep the jackers at bay.
Old 04-18-2007, 11:37 AM

EFSS153

I used to keep my PC680 behind my seat in my rex. I unhooked it and took the whole battery inside each night.
Old 04-18-2007, 11:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (platnumnutz276)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by platnumnutz276 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">thats clean!

</TD></TR></TABLE>

Oh man that is clean. Any pics with more light?

Old 04-18-2007, 11:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Slappy)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Slappy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Oh man that is clean. Any pics with more light?

</TD></TR></TABLE>

no doubt id like to see more pics with light as well.

did you use bedliner/underbody coating on the outsides?
Old 04-18-2007, 12:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Slappy)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by -NA-aLL-thE-wAy- &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I used to keep my PC680 behind my seat in my rex. I unhooked it and took the whole battery inside each night. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Damn! I think the most excessive thing I did to protect my car was take out my entire ignition harness everyday before class. I know thats horrible but I was going to school in the jackers paradise and it was too far from my house for me to play Rambo.
Old 04-18-2007, 12:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (h22apwrdcivic)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by h22apwrdcivic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

did you use bedliner/underbody coating on the outsides?</TD></TR></TABLE>
Yeh I noticed that too...looks like some type of coating but I can't tell.
Old 04-18-2007, 12:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Location: Land of the free, whoever told you that is your enemy
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by American.Graffiti &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Damn! I think the most excessive thing I did to protect my car was take out my entire ignition harness everyday before class. I know thats horrible but I was going to school in the jackers paradise and it was too far from my house for me to play Rambo.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I take my K pro out every time I park in a place I don't know well, sometimes the main relay, and in extreme cases the ECU fuse, too. Not to mention lots of other thing, and I constantly look at it, and carry a glock 17.
Old 04-18-2007, 12:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by American.Graffiti &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Damn! I think the most excessive thing I did to protect my car was take out my entire ignition harness everyday before class. I know thats horrible but I was going to school in the jackers paradise and it was too far from my house for me to play Rambo.</TD></TR></TABLE>

correct me if I am wrong....

but isn't it very simple to kind of 'make' your own ignition? all you would need is the plugs and plug them into the fusebox, with a simple toggle for the IGN & ACC circuits, and a momentary for the start
Old 04-18-2007, 12:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (-NA-aLL-thE-wAy-)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by -NA-aLL-thE-wAy- &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I used to keep my PC680 behind my seat in my rex. I unhooked it and took the whole battery inside each night. </TD></TR></TABLE>

I remembered seeing this quick disconnect a while ago and thinking what a great product it was. Just never had a use for it lol

Old 04-18-2007, 12:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Location: Land of the free, whoever told you that is your enemy
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by misanthropist &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

I remembered seeing this quick disconnect a while ago and thinking what a great product it was. Just never had a use for it lol

</TD></TR></TABLE>

They use those on Fork Lifts.
Old 04-18-2007, 12:42 PM

EFSS153

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by B18EG6 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

but isn't it very simple to kind of 'make' your own ignition? all you would need is the plugs and plug them into the fusebox, with a simple toggle for the IGN & ACC circuits, and a momentary for the start</TD></TR></TABLE>

I'd like to run a simple push button start on mine. It'll always be garaged and never left alone. Plus, I'll take my steering wheel and have multiple other theft deterrents.
Old 04-18-2007, 01:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (-NA-aLL-thE-wAy-)

^ me too.... alot of race cars dont have to use keys to start them ^
Old 04-18-2007, 03:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by B18EG6 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

but isn't it very simple to kind of 'make' your own ignition? all you would need is the plugs and plug them into the fusebox, with a simple toggle for the IGN & ACC circuits, and a momentary for the start</TD></TR></TABLE>

Probably so but I gambled on the fact that the theives werent that smart.
Old 04-18-2007, 03:39 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by misanthropist &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I remembered seeing this quick disconnect a while ago and thinking what a great product it was. Just never had a use for it lol

</TD></TR></TABLE>

We use those to make winch cables at our shop, if the customer wants to be able to move and mount the winch on either end of their 4wd.
It would make a pretty trick disconnect for a set of jumper cables.
Old 04-18-2007, 03:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Madness)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Madness &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">It would make a pretty trick disconnect for a set of jumper cables.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Thought about that, but I jump a car maybe once every two years and never carry jumper cables with me lol
Old 04-18-2007, 04:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

haha i hear that! I use to have just enough fuses in my car to runthe bare minimum, then make the fuse box n ecu with me....heheh thieves

Quick Reply: ♠ Shaved, Tucked, Customized Engine Bays - Pics, Theory, Discussion ♠