Honda / Acura Appearance related discussion for Honda / Acura vehicles

...........#...#..ROTA is at it again (time attack ripp offs) ......#.....#.........sorry if itss a

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2007, 05:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: (fventura03)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by fventura03 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

or that - some people don't have that much money though and can't both. i won't hate on them because of that.

i have circuit 10's on my car, i bought them for $300 with 90% thread left on the tires, i was looking for oem rsx wheels in the $300 range with decent thread for weeks, i didn't find them, and thats the next best thing, rather then rolling on some 5lug steelies.

i bought them not because i can't afford the real thing but because it's what was available at the time.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Totally understandable....different strokes for different folks... but I've owned Rotas & volks...

I'm not gonna bash someone for rotas ... (except those Jmags I hate those!!)

but there is NO ARGUMENT.. on build quality comparison...
Old 03-19-2007, 05:16 PM
OG triple OG

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: ...........#...#..ROTA is at it again (time attack ripp offs) ......#.....#.........sorry if its

sweet , it gives the wanna be'rs some hope
Old 03-19-2007, 05:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Type X)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Type X &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Totally understandable....different strokes for different folks... but I've owned Rotas & volks...

I'm not gonna bash someone for rotas ... (except those Jmags I hate those!!)

but there is NO ARGUMENT.. on build quality comparison...</TD></TR></TABLE>

agreed.

rota should make a thread similar to that of the rays one you posted
Old 03-19-2007, 05:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Type X &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">3. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eEq8C5ZIezY

</TD></TR></TABLE>

sick vid
Old 03-19-2007, 05:17 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by fventura03 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

your concept sucks ***.</TD></TR></TABLE>

#1^

spend $1500 on some real JDM wheels, or spend $500 on wheels, and $1000 on parts that ACTUALLY make a difference.</TD></TR></TABLE>

#2^

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by fventura03 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">btw, rota makes some decent copies, the ones pictured above, look like crap.</TD></TR></TABLE>

#3^

i roll on rota's because i've found good prices on the wheels, not because i can't afford the real thing. i'm getting what you guys call "real jdm" wheels soon, simply because the wheels i want are way better then the copies.</TD></TR></TABLE>

#4^

Old 03-19-2007, 05:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

agreed.

rota should make a thread similar to that of the rays one you posted </TD></TR></TABLE>

They did.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IU3rQ5LNig8

Soccccer Roccccker baby!
Old 03-19-2007, 05:21 PM
NrG

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (em1mike)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by em1mike &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">theyve made some of there own...

the "rota torque"

the "rota fighter"

the "rota vector"

the "rota wm7"

etc..

i wish the tardcore jdm folks would get thatbut b/c its not stamped w/2000.00 price and mugen, spoon or desmond badge"it is a gay crappy stupid knockoff,

personally to all who hate rota you can go ahead and hate while im savin 1200.00 on my slips
</TD></TR></TABLE>

rota torque = work emotion cr kai
rota fighter = volk ce28n
rota vector = can't find this.
rota wm7 = Advan (something)

if you're buying crappy wheels for looks, more power to you. I would buy rota if they offer something I need, like better width and offset or multi piece wheels. Keep copying and replicating other people's car. that's what most of you rota buyers are good at doing.

and people say they're saving, but that's is just an excuese. rota wheels goes well with many other fake parts on their car. Where's all their money going? no where, they just have a smaller budget for their car. making it more cheap. Most are rocking sohc 100whp motors with their car anyways.
Old 03-19-2007, 05:24 PM

Default Re: (NrG)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by NrG &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

rota torque = work emotion cr kai
rota fighter = volk ce28n
rota vector = can't find this.
rota wm7 = Advan (something)

if you're buying crappy wheels for looks, more power to you.

rota just doesn't offer good with and offset or multi piece wheels. so they're no go for me. Keep copying and replicating other people's car. that's what most of you rota buyers are good at doing. </TD></TR></TABLE>

got me there^ but there is some is what i was gettin at its not like i researched its just from what i thought was not copied yet...
Old 03-19-2007, 05:26 PM
NrG

^you must be new to the whole game.

All the rota wheels now are relipcas. the discountined models are their real wheels:
http://www.wheelspecs.com/specs/wheelbrands/113
Old 03-19-2007, 05:28 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by NrG &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

. Keep copying and replicating other people's car. that's what most of you rota buyers are good at doing. </TD></TR></TABLE>

not me..hell no i hate what most rota ppl like

i hate FLAT BLACK SLIPS, i hate red rota gt3, i hate, circuit 10's, im one of the few who likes white slips, which to a lot of people is different, i rarely see ppl on white slips or polished si's my 2 set's..

but for most part you are right but not all ppl like 2 copy and not be different, unique, or have there own style..
Old 03-19-2007, 05:30 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by NrG &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">^you must be new to the whole game.

All the rota wheels now are relipcas. the discountined models are their real wheels:
http://www.wheelspecs.com/specs/wheelbrands/113</TD></TR></TABLE>

he had asked why they never, which =past tense, therefore i said they had, had there own style therefore i am not in the wrong nor are you, we just did not understand each other points..
Old 03-19-2007, 05:31 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by NrG &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">^you must be new to the whole game.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Of course he is, he's 16. Sure does talk like he's been around for a while though.

Any wheels that start to gain popularity, will soon be replicated by Rota. Hell, even Arn's 1-off m7's became a "limited production" wheel from Rota. What a joke.
Old 03-19-2007, 05:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Type X &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">They did.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IU3rQ5LNig8

Soccccer Roccccker baby!</TD></TR></TABLE>

this video is way better:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Yvgmvg4vHk
Old 03-19-2007, 05:35 PM

Default Re: (Thurman Merman)

they look like the new mugen wheels. the MUGEN GP
Old 03-19-2007, 05:37 PM

Default Re: (Thurman Merman)

you get what you pay for. Well most of the time... BTW sweet video on the ray wheels
Old 03-19-2007, 05:40 PM

this video is way better:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Yvgmvg4vHk</TD></TR></TABLE>

ftw!
Old 03-19-2007, 05:42 PM
OG triple OG

your concept sucks ***.

spend $1500 on some real JDM wheels, or spend $500 on wheels, and $1000 on parts that ACTUALLY make a difference.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

why does it have to be either or? i have real wheels and parts that make a difference , as do alot of people . i dont understand this seperation . the whole " im gonna paint my headlights and buy an intake" mentality is something i have never understood. nobody seems to think they can do both anymore......
Old 03-19-2007, 05:44 PM

Default Re: (ATS*Mark)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ATS*Mark &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

why does it have to be either or? i have real wheels and parts that make a difference , as do alot of people . i dont understand this seperation . the whole " im gonna paint my headlights and buy an intake" mentality is something i have never understood. nobody seems to think they can do both anymore......</TD></TR></TABLE>

translation ^

i get it and wish others would to..

oh and black housing ftl stock look ftw
Old 03-19-2007, 05:47 PM
OG triple OG

u need a translation for that??? i said i dont get where people always make up this seperation....either real wheels , or cheap fake ones and go fast parts..... i dont understand why people cant do both.....
Old 03-19-2007, 05:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

anyone know the sizes offered?

I wouldn't mind a set for the track.

Old 03-19-2007, 05:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (.:Reza:.)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by .:Reza:. &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">anyone know the sizes offered?

I wouldn't mind a set for the track.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

wheeldude.com
Old 03-19-2007, 05:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

thanks~
Old 03-19-2007, 05:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by em1mike &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

translation ^

i get it and wish others would to..

oh and black housing ftl stock look ftw </TD></TR></TABLE>

isnt there oem jdm itr headlights with back housing?oem black housing accord lights, etc....

dude...wtf???
Old 03-19-2007, 06:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ATS*Mark &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">why does it have to be either or? i have real wheels and parts that make a difference , as do alot of people . i dont understand this seperation . the whole " im gonna paint my headlights and buy an intake" mentality is something i have never understood. nobody seems to think they can do both anymore......</TD></TR></TABLE>

ok, lets use me as an example. i finished my 5lug conversion, i couldn't use my old wheels, it was either, leave my car on jackstands until i saved enough money for the wheels i really want ($1500), buy $300 circuit 10's w/90% tread that were local, or spend $250 on steelies w/90% tread that were local.

which would you have picked? i'm sure you'd say keep saving, to protect your e-reputation, but would you? this was my daily driver, and i chose rotas.

fast forward to now, i just picked up two k24's over the weekend that are eventually going to go in my hatch. if i were to have kept saving for the $1500 wheels i want, i would've had them by now, but no k24's.

i believe i made the right choice, i can drive my car to work and anywhere i need to go, WHILE having these motors sitting in my garage, ready for me to work on them.

sometimes, it's not only because you don't have enough money to buy the real thing, but an issue about availability. i will get the wheels i want, eventually, and when i get them, they will be worth the wait.

Old 03-19-2007, 06:50 PM
OG triple OG

e-reputation i could give a flying expletive about what people think of me on the internet. that being said i understand your situation . i guess its just different when you know car people . i would have borrowed a set of wheels . but if it was my only car and i was out of options . i probably still would have bought the steelies because they were cheaper.....

i wasnt starting a real vs fake battle i was just wondering why everyone always says , either real wheels or slow , or fake wheels and fast . i dont get that......

Quick Reply: ...........#...#..ROTA is at it again (time attack ripp offs) ......#.....#.........sorry if itss a