Notices
Honda / Acura Appearance related discussion for Honda / Acura vehicles

-------Picture Request--------would painting the trunk black look tight???--------

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2007, 11:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default -------Picture Request--------would painting the trunk black look tight???--------

I'm just about to pain my car and i've always loved it when hatches painted the roof, hood, and trunk black, and the rest of the car whatever color.

WELL, my car is super duper bright white and my hood is already black and i'm going to just respray it black and paint my roof black but i was wondering...

does anyone have any pics of 92-95 civic coupes with their trunks painted black???

or some CF trunk pics so that i can get the general idea??

i'm still debating whether to do it or not, not sure if it'll look right on my coupe....

thanks in advance
Old 06-27-2007, 11:58 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: -------Picture Request--------would painting the trunk black look tight???-------- (JDM_d15b_eg8

Old 06-27-2007, 08:56 PM

Default Re: -------Picture Request--------would painting the trunk black look tight???-------- (JDM_d15b_eg8

please, follow the link in your sig., then reconsider what you call yourself
Old 06-27-2007, 09:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 1 jonesie &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">please, follow the link in your sig., then reconsider what you call yourself</TD></TR></TABLE>
x2
Old 06-27-2007, 09:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by John M &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> </TD></TR></TABLE>
Old 06-27-2007, 09:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The dopest idea on a trunk I've seen was this kid sticker'd the complete trunk with stickers all collaged then sprayed clear coat over it.
Old 06-27-2007, 09:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 1 jonesie &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">please, follow the link in your sig., then reconsider what you call yourself</TD></TR></TABLE>

lawl
Old 06-27-2007, 09:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Sounds rice-a-rific
Old 06-29-2007, 10:22 AM

i should have know better before posting on this website, your all a bunch of fu#$ing ****

to honda-tech, if everyone doesn't copy everyone else and put ugly wheels with gay fu#4ing sh#$ brown paint jobs then its considered rice.
Old 06-29-2007, 10:25 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JDM_d15b_eg8 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i should have know better before posting on this website, your all a bunch of fu#$ing ****

to honda-tech, if everyone doesn't copy everyone else and put ugly wheels with gay fu#4ing sh#$ brown paint jobs then its considered rice.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Then get the expletive off of H-T and go join another site were they will like you.
Old 06-29-2007, 10:25 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JDM_d15b_eg8 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i should have know better before posting on this website, your all a bunch of fu#$ing ****

to honda-tech, if everyone doesn't copy everyone else and put ugly wheels with gay fu#4ing sh#$ brown paint jobs then its considered rice.</TD></TR></TABLE>

PAINTING YOUR CAR ONE COLOR WOULD LOOK TIGHT FAGOT!!

Old 06-29-2007, 10:26 AM

rust out your trunk like the vw's
Old 06-29-2007, 10:29 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (JayNev)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JayNev &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">rust out your trunk like the vw's</TD></TR></TABLE>
that would be uber jdm
Old 06-29-2007, 10:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 53 Likes on 47 Posts

what's wrong with all the body panels matching on the car? Why would you want black? I think that whole trend was started by people trying to make their cars look like NSX's.
Old 06-29-2007, 10:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I GOT A DESIGN TO PAINT ON YOUR TRUNK

Old 06-29-2007, 10:32 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by electron_si &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

PAINTING YOUR CAR ONE COLOR WOULD LOOK TIGHT FAGOT!!

</TD></TR></TABLE>

this guy lol he always gives me a laugh
Old 06-29-2007, 10:32 AM

Default Re: (JayNev)

dude paint it if you want.

this guy painted his **** and all these guys were sucking his ****

alot of guys in ht are quick to talk ****. everybody here thinks they are original, but they all really just do the same thing. do what you want.
Old 06-29-2007, 10:38 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I don't know what's wrong with painting your hood, roof, and trunk black, I mean, my car has that and I think it looks good. Of course the rest of the car is black too, but let's not split hairs here.

But seriously, IMO, do what you want, and don't let the clones on Honda-Tech tell you otherwise. It's your car, but when you go onto Honda-Tech, and ask everyone's opinion if doing that would look tiieeete, you'll get some negative comments. I was actually really considering this on my car before I just got it painted all black, so do what you want. If it's done right, it'll look clean and you'll think to hell with all the haters, I like my car like this.

On a side note, (assuming that is your car up there) when you take it to get painted, spend some extra money and get that rust spot fixed or you'll pay for it in the end.

On an extra side note, I'd suggest against those type-zero sideskirts; they kinda ruin the lines on that car with the funky vent in the back
Old 06-29-2007, 10:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

i dont think theres anything wrong with it, in fact i think it looks good on a lot of cars.

i think its funny that this guy gets pissed about flaming, has an anti rice link, his car has ghey sideskirts and has more than 3 colors in the side shot.

Old 06-29-2007, 10:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 53 Likes on 47 Posts

If you live in an area with warm weather, and the inside of your car gets hot in the summer time, having a black roof will make it get even MORE hot inside.
Old 06-29-2007, 10:53 AM
Me Gusta History

You're an absolute dolt for asking a question in the A/C forum, that's all. All the ******** reside either in here or in GDD. If you ask a stupid question, 100 stupid people will answer you with 100 different stupid answers.
Old 06-29-2007, 10:58 AM
NTX

damn ricer dont get all butt hurt when you ask for opinions
Old 06-29-2007, 11:43 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by accordselux &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

You're an absolute dolt for asking a question in the A/C forum, that's all. All the ******** reside either in here or in GDD. If you ask a stupid question, 100 stupid people will answer you with 100 different stupid answers.</TD></TR></TABLE>

hahha! that sooo fawkin true!
Old 06-29-2007, 02:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by vstone &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">hahha! that sooo fawkin true!</TD></TR></TABLE>
lol at the responses...
i like the look, i should i have my car painted like that, but the sides are a dark grey so it is hardly noticeable... the black i used on the hood/roof/trunk are a semi-gloss black.. i like it....

not so noticeable cuz the sides are dark too...
Old 06-29-2007, 03:17 PM

who cares what people think on HT. they are going to hate no matter what you do. if you think it will look good do it.

Quick Reply: -------Picture Request--------would painting the trunk black look tight???--------