Honda / Acura Appearance related discussion for Honda / Acura vehicles

painting my car...need opinions

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2006, 08:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default painting my car...need opinions

i want to paint this hooptie piece of ****... it was originally Milano red, then recieved a shitty *** Macco flatrate job thats chipping off the bumper, hood...everywhere.

i want to paint it a dark matalic grey... think the paint is called:
Graphite Gray Metallic Clearcoat NH-91M-3
but i still need to confirm that is accually the color of the car..

anyway my buddy said he was willing to help me if i stripped it down and did some work...but he wants my GSR/P72 head in trade for doing the work... but said i would have to buy the materials... how much are materials going to cost me? i want the car to look nice, doesnt need to be HIN winning nice, it is my daily, just want it to be like new...

part thats really bothering me is weather to paint the engine bay or not. i would like to spray the engine bay the color of the car. but part of me really doesnt give a **** and think i should paint it black. your thoughts on this? paint it flat black, gloss black, or spray the engine bay with the car? i guess i could have Napa mix me up some paint in spray cans the same color as im painting the car and spray it with that?

if i spray the engine bay with the car i will have to tow it to his shop, like hour 20 away, to have it done. i would much rather just drive it up there and back then i dont have to find a truck and buy gas for it...

going to paint the interior (like in the hatch area and other half way visable areas) black...flat or gloss havent desided...

anyway thanks for your opinions
Old 07-29-2006, 09:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: painting my car...need opinions (turbohf)

http://www.ppgcarpaint.com/pai...H-91M

which one of those should i go with? and how much paint am i gonna need to paint the outside of the car, jams, and TWO front bumpers (gonna hack one up for intercooler, want a stock one too)...