Notices
Honda / Acura Appearance related discussion for Honda / Acura vehicles

Need help with shaving my spoiler holes and emblems with bondo??????????

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2003, 11:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help with shaving my spoiler holes and emblems with bondo??????????

Ok before you all start riping on me for using bondo I just want to let you know im 17 and have worked to buy my car and everything that has gone on it. Some one decided to rip my emblems off so I thought maybe it was a sign that I should have a nice shaved car. I know to buy bondo glass b/c it holds up better. I know to buy 200-1500 grit sand paper and work from lower to higher # grit paper. I just need to no the process. Like i know to start sanding with 200 grit and get it down to the metal then bondo and let it harden then sand until smooth. Do i need to use primer before applying the bondo? also i plan on making this a some what small area to work on so I am just going to use milano red spray paint. how do i apply a clear coat? where do i buy this. any helpful tips would be appreciated. I want to do this my self as a learning experiance and not pay some one to do it. If i mess up i will drive my car ghetto until i work 60 hours to pay for it to get redone perfessionally. thanks in advance.
Old 07-03-2003, 11:37 AM

Default Re: Need help with shaving my spoiler holes and emblems with bondo?????????? (integraautox)

uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

you do realize that your area that you're going to have to completely sand your whole trunk?

if you do this, it wont look good. dont waste your time. no offense.
Old 07-03-2003, 11:40 AM

Default Re: Need help with shaving my spoiler holes and emblems with bondo?????????? (sutrusu)

you need to put something behind the hole when you bondo so the **** doesnt sink in over time, cuz it will
Old 07-03-2003, 12:13 PM

Default Re: Need help with shaving my spoiler holes and emblems with bondo?????????? (Old Skool)

I don't believe I have to do the whole trunk. Just the 4 areas where the holes are. Also I went to walmart and i found bondo fiberglass repair kit and it says it works on metal to covers holes and then apply the bondo over it. has anyone heard of this or tried it to shave holes. thanks a lot.
Old 07-03-2003, 12:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Re: Need help with shaving my spoiler holes and emblems with bondo?????????? (integraautox)

If you are going to try and match the paint. I would suggest going to a shop and having them weld the holes and let them repaint the spots. A <U>good</U> shop can feather in small spots like that. I am not saying you cant do it, but paint is a hard thing to match, and metal filling holes is better than glass or bondo. Just my opinion.
Old 07-03-2003, 03:59 PM

Default Re: Need help with shaving my spoiler holes and emblems with bondo?????????? (Swift)

whats the point of feathering in the spots the trunk has a really small surface area anyways
Old 07-03-2003, 06:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Re: Need help with shaving my spoiler holes and emblems with bondo?????????? (Optiks)

True, not much surface for the trunk. but less money for a few spots than a large area.
Old 07-03-2003, 09:44 PM

Default Re: Need help with shaving my spoiler holes and emblems with bondo?????????? (Swift)

well i started the work this afternoon. I went and bought bondo glass, 200 400 600 800 1000 1500 sandpaper, primer, milano red spray dupli paint, and clear coat. I sanded down the spoiler holes, and emblem holes to the metal with my 200 grit sand paper. I then applied the bondo to the spoiler holes. I started shaving down the bondo'd area with 200 grit got back down to the metal and the holes seemed pretty well filled and smooth but i decided to do another coat of bondo. I am letting that sit over night. In the morning i will sand down the bondo with a higher grit sandpaper to make a more smooth finish. I also plan on priming the spoiler holes and applying the milano red spray paint along with a clear coat. then wait a day or two and apply another layer of clear coat. Any helpful hints that i could use in the next couple days would be helpful. I will let you guys know the outcome and try to get some pictures when im done.
Old 07-03-2003, 11:57 PM

your gonna be sorry in a month or two