Notices
Honda / Acura Appearance related discussion for Honda / Acura vehicles

My CG6 Accord!

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2013, 04:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My CG6 Accord!

I'm new to the honda game. But not to the point where I can just turn it on and drive haha. I know my honda fairly well considering I've been a honda head since 14. But I'm 16. Own a 00 Accord with 221k miles automatic, I know it's alot but it doesn't bother me. Drives like if it was off the lot.

My plans are
-Tints
-Visors
-Lower 2" (idk if that's to low)
-Lip Kit
-18-19" Rims with a crazy lip
-Crazy sound system
-Should I change the tail lights to, 01-02 or should I keep it the same way
-Possibly tint the headlights

Old 07-10-2013, 07:14 AM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: My CG6 Accord!

The 18"-19" wheels are too much. They don't fit that body well at all. I'd stick with 17".

I wouldn't tint the headlights either since they already have poor light output, that would make it worse.
Old 07-10-2013, 07:22 AM
Honda-Tech Member

That is quite a lotta miles, are you experienced enough with driving to even claim it as "off the lot"?? Hmmm. First of all, keep it maintained and thats the best thing! Before you consider modifications, are there any problems with it currently?

For interior, I recommend a broadview mirror and LED light bulb upgrades for the dome and map.
For wheel, stick to 16-17, 15 is a bit small and 18 is a bit large. What style Accords are you into, google some accord picture threads and show me some of your favorites, from then we can help recommend you some similar style wheels.
A really nice front end to replicate would be this (although it's from another generation, I just found out)

Dont be hasty, do lots of research and piece together the right info. With the inteenet, building a nice car is much easier with access to more parts and information of trials and errors and tricks and tips. You're young, take things steady so by a year or two your Accord can be really something different and comfortable.

Last edited by CO671; 07-11-2013 at 05:53 AM.
Old 07-10-2013, 10:34 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Last edited by skyler84; 07-10-2013 at 11:57 AM.
Old 07-10-2013, 12:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by CO671
That is quite a lotta miles, are you experienced enough with driving to even claim it as "off the lot"?? Hmmm. First of all, keep it maintained and thats the best thing! Before you consider modifications, are there any problems with it currently?

For interior, I recommend a broadview mirror and LED light bulb upgrades for the dome and map.
For wheel, stick to 16-17, 15 is a bit small and 18 is a bit large. What style Accords are you into, google some accord picture threads and show me some of your favorites, from then we can help recommend you some similar style wheels.
A really nice front end to replicate would be this:

Dont be hasty, do lots of research and piece together the right info. With the inteenet, building a nice car is much easier with access to more parts and information of trials and errors and tricks and tips. You're young, take things steady so by a year or two your Accord can be really something different and comfortable.

I have a lot of experience driving. That it a lot of miles. But I bought it for cheap that's why. From what I know that's wrong with it. Is that the tranny shifts hard 1-2. But I don't have that kind of money to fix it. It drives like a beauty.

I would love my car to look clean like this

I also would like to put a Type-R front on it
Old 07-10-2013, 03:25 PM
Daughter not possible

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Instead of tinting the headlights, you might want to black the inner housings out. It'll cost you all of $10 for the paint and silicone:

Also dont be afraid of 18's, the CG Accord can pull them off. Most people on here drive Civics, they run small *** wheels, for the mad lite weight y0. You have an automatic Accord, you're not racing.

18's

19's

16's would almost be out of the question on these. There's this weird overhang of the front wheel arch when you lower these on smaller wheels.

Lastly there is NO Type R front for these, since there is no Type R.

That front pictured is a 01-02 coupe bumper on a sedan, with an added lip. The closest thing to a Type R look, is the 98-00 coupe bumper with the Comptech style lip:

The thing you will run into is the Type R style lip, which is a cheap ebay replica for all Hondas of the 99-00 Civic lip, made to fit (poorly) other Hondas. These can be spotted a mile away, and really cheapens a car.

This piece of ****:

It's seriously the first thing every cheap noob wants to buy. I general dont give people ****, but PLEASE do not buy one of these, unless you REALLY like the way it looks. Most just see "Type R" and order the POS.

Last edited by Rude Awakening; 07-10-2013 at 03:40 PM.
Old 07-10-2013, 05:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Haha, no I don't like the look of that lip. I've seen what people do. If it says "JDM, Type r, Type S, from Japan" they buy it. Lucky I'm knowledge able about the actual JDM brands haha

But isn't this the type r front? I thought that's what it said on some threads on different pages

Old 07-10-2013, 05:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

So you are doing research! And i really respect your tastes now! Impressive! I always assumed 18s on an accord were like 17s on a Civic. Not bad, i misinformed you above. Ans whatever you do, DONT get the mugen style lip please, that last one you posted is a nice fitting clean lip though! Good luck with the build.
Old 07-10-2013, 06:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Thank you CO671, haha I've been doing research on these cars for about 5 months, and I fell in love with that front. I'm going to see if I can put that front on my car after a while.
Old 07-10-2013, 06:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

man i miss my cg! 18s are the best rim size for that body i tried 17s look too small....18s and slammed was perfect....i even did 20s and more slammed IT WAS A EYE GRABBER but alot of modifying and cutting i wouldnt suggest it unless ur doing a show vehicle
Old 07-10-2013, 07:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm assuming you mean a Accord Euro R. If that's the case, go for it
Old 07-10-2013, 07:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by alvin809
Thank you CO671, haha I've been doing research on these cars for about 5 months, and I fell in love with that front. I'm going to see if I can put that front on my car after a while.
Here to support man. I'm young myself (18) I started like you as 16 and searching up as much as I can about a Civic hatch but I ended up with a sedan, glad to know another person in my age area isn't going after ricey hellaflush ****. I guess you're going for a clean style that I dig. For wheels you're going after these styles right?
BBS LM / Work VS-XX

For other accord forums to check, there's driveacccord and 6thgenaccord
http://www.6thgenaccord.com/forums/index.php
http://www.driveaccord.net/forums/index.php

edit: that lip you posted above:

Is a CF4 SiR... I THINK, the bumper is the same as the Accord Euro-R/SiR-T not sure, but that lip is part of the bumper.

Old 07-10-2013, 10:51 PM
Daughter not possible

But isn't this the type r front? I thought that's what it said on some threads on different pages

That is an Accord Euro R. That is the JDM Accord which is a CL1, despite looking similar to the CG Accord, there isn't a single body part that will bolt on to a CG. The CL1 is actually a smaller car than the CG, and it even weighs 200 lbs less. It's smaller in every dimension than the CG, its a compact, while the CG is mid-size. That bumper aint bolting on, the car is something like 4 inches less wide.

The ONLY Accord Type R is a EDM only car, which chassis was not offered in Japan or America. It is a CH1.

6th Gen Accords are 'confusing' if you dont know. The American Accord looks like the Japanese one, but is not the same, Japan has the Euro R, which is not a Type R (but close), and Europe, whose Accord is yet different from the others has the actual Type R.
Old 07-11-2013, 04:55 AM
Honda-Tech Member

CO671, yea I don't like all that hellaflush crap, but I wouldn't mind cambering it just a little not ridiculously to the point where I need new tires in a week. Rude awakening you crushed my dreams man haha, so I'm guessing with a lot of fabrication the front will go on?
Old 07-11-2013, 05:39 AM
Daughter not possible

My name is Rude Awakening LOL.

I mean anything is possible if you feel like throwing the coin at the car. I feel like you should just decide which stock bumper you like best (98-00 sedan, 98-00 coupe, 01-02 sedan, 01-02 coupe) and go with your favorite lip available for that bumper. And do the black housings. If you go with a coupe bumper, you'll need the hood to avoid gap.
Old 07-11-2013, 05:48 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Rude Awakening
My name is Rude Awakening LOL.

I mean anything is possible if you feel like throwing the coin at the car. I feel like you should just decide which stock bumper you like best (98-00 sedan, 98-00 coupe, 01-02 sedan, 01-02 coupe) and go with your favorite lip available for that bumper. And do the black housings. If you go with a coupe bumper, you'll need the hood to avoid gap.
^ This. Just because you see a lip on a 6th gen, it doesn't mean it's a lip that'll fit your car. Different bumpers have different dimensions, you'll need to find the lip that surely fits and flows with the bumper you choose.
Black or gunmetal housings are sick, especially with retrofitted projector HID's. Colored housings look cleaner than tinting and they don't deteriorate your lighting.
Old 07-11-2013, 05:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Alot of nice looking accords.

I like your taste also

But.....

I've been a honda head since 14. But I'm 16.
I have a lot of experience driving.
Im confused....lol
Old 07-11-2013, 06:09 AM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Originally Posted by JuggerNaut-CTR
Alot of nice looking accords.

I like your taste also

But.....

Im confused....lol
Right?

I'm 33 and have been driving longer than the OP has been alive.

I still think that 18s are too big and will be a detriment to the car. 17" with the correct size tire with some nice adjustable coilovers is the perfect way to go.
Old 07-12-2013, 04:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

CO671 what front is that on the second post of pictures with the 2nd car? I'm liking it haha.
That's also what I meant black housing lol. I couldn't figure out the name at the time.
Also opinions on which Coilovers ride nice on these, I've hear racelands. I will have to look into that rude awakening
Old 07-12-2013, 04:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

CO671 what front is that on the second post of pictures with the 2nd car? I'm liking it haha.
That's also what I meant black housing lol. I couldn't figure out the name at the time.
Also opinions on which Coilovers ride nice on these, I've hear racelands. I will have to look into that rude awakening
Uhh this?
I don't know much about Accords but this is what I came up with:

Australian Chrome Grill I think???

96-00 Oval Fogs
http://www.driveaccord.net/forums/sh...ad.php?t=64793

Old 07-15-2013, 09:22 AM
Honda-Tech Member

On about the "Type-R" lip from eBay.. I bought mine to sort of save my bumper from taking a beating on dips. I'm pretty low and dips here do a bumper no justice. So, a $35 lip is the perfect savior for my issues.

Back to the topic, I wouldn't go higher than 17's like everyone else mentioned. 18's might look decent, but to me it's a hit or miss; whereas the 17's are a definite hit.

Don't tint headlights, that's dumb. If you're keeping your lights stock, you're losing visibility for looks, not smart.

Define "crazy sound system" ? I'm assuming, like everyone your age does, some oversized subs in the trunk which make nothing but bass noise? Personally, I wouldn't even touch a sound system. Rather just swap a radio with an aux input and call it a day.

For a drop, I would definitely go with coilovers. Not fully adjustable, just height because I don't think you're planning on taking this thing to the track, are you? I hope not, because auto.

As far as wheels go, you want a crazy lip? So you want that stance, huh? lol There's a lot of replica brands like XXR's and ESM that make pretty cool wheels. Make sure they have a pretty low offset for an aggressive look. Maybe even staggered, but that's just me.

Good luck, and keep us posted!
Old 07-15-2013, 02:11 PM
Daughter not possible

Eh, here we go.

Originally Posted by PunchedGuava
On about the "Type-R" lip from eBay.. I bought mine to sort of save my bumper from taking a beating on dips. I'm pretty low and dips here do a bumper no justice. So, a $35 lip is the perfect savior for my issues.
The difference is you have a 99-00 Civic so the replica looks like whats supposed to be on your car. Again, I'm not knocking the lip because it's a $35 ebay lip. The problem is that design is made for another specific model of car. And even though they adapt the reps for other cars mounting, it still looks cheap/tacky.

My lip came with my car as a shell, and I'm 100% sure it's an ebay copy. BUT it is the actual style that goes with my car.

ebay copy that is the style that is OE:

ANOTHER ebay copy that is OE style for that car:

99-00 Civic style:

An ebay 99-00 Type R rep, on the car its SUPPOSED to be on. I got no qualms with this. Obviously anyone who is knowledgeable will know the difference, but no big deal if a kid wants to run this lip...on a 99-00 Civic. If I picked a up a cheap-99-00 Civic, I'd have one.

Another 99-00 rep, made for a different car...and again, it looks stupid as hell:

ANOTHER 99-00 Civic style lip for another car...

And the correct ebay reps for that car....:

Wut?

Again, nobody is complaining about the Ebay copies... just dont get a 99-00 Civic rep for another car, you can find tons of ebay reps THAT ARE Cheap, that are the style of the car. Hell I had a 96 Civic that came with a rep lip as well, but it was the correct Type R style, I had no problems. My Prelude shell, which I had put tons of money in, came with a rep lip, I had no problem using and painting it, because it was the correct OEM style.
Old 07-15-2013, 02:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

^ This. Lips are meant to mold and FLOW with the car, not clash.

I have went through the 99-00 Mugen on my 99 Civic, it was okay but EVERYBODY and their GRANDMOTHER has it so I just ordered a 99-00 Type-R replica and holy **** is it even uglier. Delve more into other lips before you choose the one you like. Explore all options so you save your money by getting your absolutely favorite in the end.
You also forgot to mention the most replicated lip of all:
99-00 Mugen

IMO, it kills the front bumper because the 99-00 Mugen on the 99-00 Civic is meant to blend under the fog-light vents.
For an Accord it is absolutely disgusting and from a mile a way somebody who knows their Honda's would immediately scoff at it.

Name:  D2xYbI0.jpg
Views: 731
Size:  54.4 KB

That's the only drawback with 99-00 Civic replica Mugen lips I could see, the vents, so I did a quick google and actually found somebody who filled it in....
and it was posted in a thread dedicated to Mugen lips on an accord -.-
http://www.6thgenaccord.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=25740

check this thread:
THE Lip Kit & Body Kit Review Thread

Wings West lip:
Old 07-15-2013, 09:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Rude Awakening

The difference is you have a 99-00 Civic so the replica looks like whats supposed to be on your car. Again, I'm not knocking the lip because it's a $35 ebay lip. The problem is that design is made for another specific model of car. And even though they adapt the reps for other cars mounting, it still looks cheap/tacky.
I feel you. I overlooked the fact that OP wanted a Type-R lip for his accord. But yea, your pictures speak for themselves. That last car (prelude?) looks like utter **** with that lip.
Old 07-16-2013, 07:12 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I might have to buy that wings west lip. That looks sexayyyyy holy sh*t

Quick Reply: My CG6 Accord!