Notices
Honda / Acura Appearance related discussion for Honda / Acura vehicles

My 1st Acura Integra (Rookie Edition)

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2009, 10:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My 1st Acura Integra (Rookie Edition)

****updated 2010*******

Greetings,

I finally finished my 1st project car , an Acura Integra GSR V-tec '99. I have always been a Honda fan and enjoyed working and learning about my b18 engine. Although there is still a few more things needed to be done to my teg, I decided to jump on something else since I found myself spending more and more.

I bought another car and will be putting my teg up for sale very soon. There is alot of interest for my car but I am not too sure on how much I should sell it for.

It has Skunk2 cam gears, DC Sport headers, straight pipe with Raptor exhaust, has a rebuilt engine, intake K&N filters, Stage 2 clutch, (2nd gear is a little messed up but not much) racing shocks, racing breaks , racing springs with adjustable coils, upgraded aluminum radiator, custom body work, new interior rug, new front windshield, Pioneer CD Radio with 6x9's speakers and black rims. There are 120k miles but as stated it's a rebuilt engine and the title reads as salvaged cuz when I bought the teg, she was all banged up.

It needs a dignostics of the ABS (which is the ABS light that is on) It needs a C02 censor cuz there is no catalitic since its straight pipe (that's what the check engine light reads) and it needs a computer diagnostics. I am asking for 4k - 99 Acura Integra GSR DC2-B18 V-tec

Is this a good price for what I have mention?

================================================== ==============

***original post****** 2009
Sup guys, I'm new around here both in the forums and the racing scenes. I mainly was inspired by going to hang outs and having friends with fast cars. I decided a year ago that I wanted to get into cars and had the oppertunity to buy my friend's Acura Integra GS-R. (My 1st Acura/Honda ever) The paper's read 1999 but he said it's a 2000. Either way, I got the car a bit beat up but the engine had been completed almost to a stage 1.

I took pics (on my camera phone) month after month of the updates and process my car has gone through. I do want to give props to my friend's shop for helping me with the custom body work and paint job.

Front Bumper I got the car with

1st thing I did was install some aftermarket Fender's. As a rookie, I learned my 1st lesson... to not buy anything aftermarket again lol

The passenger door had a small crash dent when I bought it so the fender was a bit hard to match up. I had to sand it a bit to make it fit best as possible.

Got me some brand new wheel-wells to compliment the Fenders

So after a few hours I set everything back

Next Step was the prep before the primer. This is where I took it to my boy's shop and he pretty much took care of the nips, bumps, and tighten the fenders a bit more, aligned everything better then what I had done.

The hood had those lock clips installed but they were pretty much rusted out and since I am going to upgrade the hood in the future, I kept it clean and took them out.

Next step in the prep was the primer.
The car came with that TYPE-R sticker you see on the corner there but this is not a Type-R lol. Don't worry I took off that Type-R sticker, as a matter of fact I changed to a new window cuz it had a crack on it.

Okay, I want to show you guys the 1st bumber design that we created. This was design #1.

1st off, we went through such a headache because the aftermarket fenders were a bit incompatible with the bumper design being installed and a lot of adjustments had to be made. It was a huge headache but it got done.

Next problem we ran into was really weird. For some reason, the paint on the bumper started to chip off after like 3 or 4 days. They re-sand it and re-primed it and re-painted but some type of chemical reaction kept pulling/chipping the paint off the bumper and this was only on the bumper, everywhere else the car was fine.

So I really wanted a custome front bumper and decided to order one online (ebay to be exact) This is where Rookie Lesson # 2 was learned... never buy aftermarket parts from ebay.

Anyways the bumber I ordered came in like 2 weeks later and when we tried to install it guess what??? Yup.. the aftermarket fender where not compatible in terms of "fit" to the aftermarket bumper I ordered. So my Rookie Leasson # 3 was if I am going to buy aftermarket parts, buy them all from the same source as well as a combo which they come together.

So what we did was made some adjustments. I ordered an original bumper from Acura Dealer and we cut the bottom part of the bumper I had ordered from ebay and cut the top part of the dealer bumper and blended them together. This is how it came out.

Here is the pic with no rims and no skirt

Here is a pic I took after tires , rims and skirt - My camera phone sucks but once I get it back tomorrow I will take better pics with my friend's digital camera. But to give you guys the idea. Also if you notice I had the lights upgraded as well .

So it's pretty much taken me a while to fix this, as it was my 1st project Acura. Hope you guys enjoyed my thread and sorry for the crappy pictures. Stay tuned I will update this with better pics.

I also had done some fixes within the interior like change the rug, install the gauges, and fix the electronics.

Last edited by !ntegr@; 02-28-2010 at 09:12 PM.
Old 01-07-2009, 10:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: My 1st Acura Integra (Rookie Edition)

nice thread but i never liked aftermarket body parts..i like the clean OEM look SLAMMED to the ground
Old 01-07-2009, 10:59 PM

I wanted to slam it too since I could adjust my springs but they told me since it was my 1st teg, that most likely I was going to mess it up. Was advised to play with it 1st and get a feel for it before I drop it more. Specially with bumps, I guess I didn't want to risk it and kept it like this.

As for the aftermarket parts, I totally agree. If I knew then what I know now, I would have kept it simple but I got all creative and stuff lol I plan to switch up the design later on this year.
Old 01-07-2009, 11:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

ahaha for realz...practice angling all the speed bumps and entrances/exits before you go any lower...and its never too late to change the looks...have fun and enjoy your teg man...like i always say..i love my dc2
Old 01-08-2009, 03:03 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I don't think ive ever heard of the title being wrong on the year of the vehicle. Ever. Just research the VIN.
Old 01-08-2009, 04:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Car looks clean. i dont know about the fenders and stuff. when i bought my car it had a body kit and i stripped it off within 15 minutes of bringin it home
Old 01-08-2009, 04:59 AM

Originally Posted by FuNkDrSpOt
I don't think ive ever heard of the title being wrong on the year of the vehicle. Ever. Just research the VIN.
Is there a free sight I can check my vin history or all of them require some type of payment for details?
Old 01-08-2009, 05:52 AM
Honda-Tech Member

It could have been 2000 but was sold in 1999. Check the title on when it was sold.
Old 01-08-2009, 06:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

If I remember correctly the 10th digit of the VIN is the last number of the model year ex: if the 10th digit is a 9 then you have a 1999. Yes you do have to pay for carfax title reports but they're cheap. A clean title does not necessarily mean the car has not been wrecked, some body shops will not report major repairs, if the police were not involved the incident will not show up on the title. A buddy with a roll back can get your car out of a ditch way before any cops show up.
Old 01-08-2009, 06:30 AM

The VIN looks something like this - JFK3RDT2191XS000783

I was talking to the insurance company over the phone cuz I wanted to put insurance on it today and she told me it was registered as salvage rebuilt. I remember when I bought the car I got a letter from the DMV (think it was DMV) saying that I had bought the car for way less then it was worth and that I needed to pay the difference. I wrote them a letter back saying the car was a project car and that it had several issues I had to fix and repair before I was able to put it on the streets. The title reads as REBUILT under the primary brand but I guess my letter converted it to salvage rebuilt? Now the insurance is talking about not sure if they can cover me unless I get it inspected which she said might take like a month because I needed to make an appointment down here in Florida.

She was going to see if she can put a regular basic insurance on it so I can take it out get a tag for it. Waiting for her call back now -
Old 01-08-2009, 07:11 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by !ntegr@
The VIN looks something like this - JFK3RDT2191XS000783
Looks like you've got your hands on a 1999. See if carfax has any additional info on what makes it a rebuilt title. In many cases your car will perform fine for street driving after major repairs, If you intend on racing (autox, time attack, honda challange, etc.) you'll want to visually inspect the unibody and suspension mounting points as well as getting the car on an alignment rack. Once the car has been aligned have a friend drive your car and follow them, see how your car tracks (do the rear tires follow the path of the front tires?) this should be done on a road with no crown if possible but any road will give you an idea. Then the only thing your salvage/rebuilt title will affect is the resale which has never been a concern of mine because I'm keeping my teggy forever.
Old 01-08-2009, 07:37 AM

ah awsome man thanks - great advise too I will have my friend follow me and check that out. As for the sale, planning on doing the same and keeping it for a very long time. I plan on calling it my hot rod when I retire lol
Old 01-08-2009, 08:06 AM

nice job painting it, did you do it yourself? my only thing is i woulda done with out the vent thingy but if you like it then cool go with it!
Originally Posted by !ntegr@
I plan to switch up the design later on this year.
you can always go JDM conversion!

nice first project!
Old 01-08-2009, 08:07 AM
Honda-Tech Member

For the fenders, but the rest is clean! At least you have fresh paint, my clearcoat is going to s*it on mine so a new paint job is on my list soon.
Old 01-08-2009, 08:15 AM

i actually think the fenders were done right... (although i wouldn't use them) but they don't look as bad on here as they do on most cars. my opinion anyways... maybe because most people that use them are ricers and don't paint them right or it don't fit in but these fit good (after all his trouble he went through) and has good paint job too... just blends in with the car better!
Old 01-08-2009, 09:06 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Everyone has to start somewhere!!!

Well done !ntegr@.
Old 01-08-2009, 09:32 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 52 Likes on 46 Posts

Well this is pretty much all appearance-related, so to the Appearance/Cosmetic forum it goes.

And um... why does the VIN not begin with JH4DC2?
Old 01-08-2009, 09:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

The car looks clean but i'm not a fan of those fenders. It might look a little better if the fenders had moldings.

Oem FTW
Old 01-08-2009, 10:00 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Nice work and good paint. But the fenders and bumper are not my thing.

You still have allot to learn. I also am very surprised about the constructive criticism. Usually you would get flamed.
Old 01-08-2009, 10:17 AM

Originally Posted by SlammedDC2teg
I also am very surprised about the constructive criticism. Usually you would get flamed.
hahahaha i know right... but honestly at least they aren't real flashy
Old 01-08-2009, 11:23 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by beutler09
i actually think the fenders were done right...
Yeah the install and paint were done fine, I just dont preffer them over OEM. Great starter Honda in anycase. My Teg is my first Honda.
Old 01-08-2009, 11:39 AM
Honda-Tech Member

FUGLY *** fenders FTL!!
Old 01-08-2009, 11:58 AM

Originally Posted by ProjektSol
FUGLY *** fenders FTL!!
for reals i say lose the fenders
Old 01-08-2009, 12:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

for sure boo on the fenders...but if you realize this then that is a plus. i def say go for the jdm front end. no worries usually on those rebuild titles...by first Si was "rebuilt" because it was a theft recovery. good luck on your new project!
Old 01-08-2009, 12:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by mouab18c1
ahaha for realz...practice angling all the speed bumps and entrances/exits before you go any lower...and its never too late to change the looks...have fun and enjoy your teg man...like i always say..i love my dc2
fvck it. just go straight

Quick Reply: My 1st Acura Integra (Rookie Edition)