Honda / Acura Appearance related discussion for Honda / Acura vehicles

Mcculloch hids?

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2005, 10:29 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mcculloch hids?

I would like to purchase a set soon and would like feedback from anyone who has this brand. I searched Mcculloch hids and got mostly FS threads so any input would be nice. I like this brand since they use Phillips which is a litte more reputable then just no names. I will be making an hid shield to help eliminate glare from the stock headlights, I do not want to retro fit so please dont throw that at me.

Thanks
Old 11-28-2005, 10:34 AM
* B A N N E D *

Default Re: Mcculloch hids? (vtecsir1)

do not get mcculloch

i had them in my m3, is300, and my hatchback. and all they did was burn out after 3 months and it took hidplace.com forever to replace them, and one set i never got. please get an OEM style kit, like philips. it's worth it.
Old 11-28-2005, 10:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Mcculloch hids? (iHOPEyouCHOKE)

Could you direct me towards a set please?

The car is a 95 civic
Old 11-28-2005, 10:44 AM
All Secrets Known

To be completely honest with you, any of those plug-and-play kits are a waste of time and money. If you really want to dive into the HID world, I suggest you educate yourself on what it is, how it works, and how it work the best for your particular application.

You need to register at the following website and read through the forums, particularly in the University section.

HIDPlanet / Forums
Old 11-28-2005, 10:46 AM
* B A N N E D *

honestly, just go get oem ones. from like an escalade or something and rig them in there. most of them aren't a bad fit. i know escalades fit in my old DA one piece headlights. the best place to get them are the dealer because they have warrenty.
Old 11-28-2005, 11:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Mcculloch hids? (Options)

I have plenty of knowledge of hids and how they work thanks. I just wanted to see how this kit worked since they dont cost a ton and are simple plug and play. I saw a kit on here for oem tsx hids which might be a better buy I guess.
Old 11-28-2005, 11:59 AM
* B A N N E D *

tsx are excellent
Old 11-28-2005, 12:24 PM
All Secrets Known

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by vtecsir1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I have plenty of knowledge of hids and how they work thanks. I just wanted to see how this kit worked since they dont cost a ton and are simple plug and play. I saw a kit on here for oem tsx hids which might be a better buy I guess.</TD></TR></TABLE>

If you have plenty of knowledge of HIDs and how they work, you should already know that a plug-and-play kit installed in a headlamp not designed for HID will produce low quality road lighting as well as horrible glare. If you have plenty of knowledge of HIDs and how they work, you should know that they need a projector made for xenon lighting in order to properly project light to the road surface.

Even with all of this knowledge that you have, you would still rather have a cheap plug-and-play kit? If that's the case, then I suggest you get a better quality plug-and-play kit. Try the one from Xenon Depot. They come with authentic Hella Generation 3 ballasts and rebased Phillps D2S bulbs.

Check them out.... here...
Old 11-28-2005, 02:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

plug and play kit worthless???? yeah right... I had a plug and play kit "Mccullough" in my car for more than 6 months and I will get another plug and play set and it came with warranty, nothing against "retorfitting" but I dont have the time for that $hit , if you get plug and play dont get over 6000k
Old 11-28-2005, 02:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by iHOPEyouCHOKE &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">honestly, just go get oem ones. from like an escalade or something and rig them in there. most of them aren't a bad fit. i know escalades fit in my old DA one piece headlights. the best place to get them are the dealer because they have warrenty.</TD></TR></TABLE>

haha go to the dealer and see how much you pay !

try hidplanet or ebay or this forum for OEM ones, if you have the time go for the retrofit, if not plug and play.
Old 11-28-2005, 02:51 PM
* B A N N E D *

Default Re: Mcculloch hids? (Shaun)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Shaun &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">haha go to the dealer and see how much you pay !

try hidplanet or ebay or this forum for OEM ones, if you have the time go for the retrofit, if not plug and play. </TD></TR></TABLE>

kay, went to the dealer. 354. with my honda discount.

how about you? fgt
Old 11-28-2005, 03:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by iHOPEyouCHOKE &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

kay, went to the dealer. 354. with my honda discount.

how about you? fgt</TD></TR></TABLE>

yeah you got a "discount" you think he has one?!

edit: whats that 354 each side?!?! hah