Notices
Honda / Acura Appearance related discussion for Honda / Acura vehicles

looking for a finished look for my stirped out hatch...??? got any ideas...IMO's WANTED

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2008, 08:00 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default looking for a finished look for my stirped out hatch...??? got any ideas...IMO's WANTED

hey whats up fellow H-T'ers

ill be striping my hatch casue i have my DD four door... so two seats are good for me...so on that subject wondering if anyone has given a finished look for there stripped cars....

i dont like the rear plastics just chilling without seats...it looks like ****.. doesnt flow to the eye.. i guess if u could have a touno cover for it and block of the hatch area to hide lugage...or any illeagal bottles..haha. eather way.

looking to make it look finished....

few ideas i came up with....
<U>for the sides</U>
1--cover the wholes with sheet metel and rivit them in place. (for that industry look)
2--make some panels out of 1/8 luan (thin plywood) and cover them with a felt or fabric ..
<U>for the floor</U>
1--smooth and fill...liek shaving the engine bay.
2--cover in the felt or carpet like fabric...(ive seen this done before in Euro cars and from what i know the GT3 have and rear seat deleat option and that all they do u cover it wil some nice carpet/felt .....

just wondering peps IMO's when i do this i will make a build thread on it....and keep peps posted......

IMO i like the felt idea take off the rear seat center braket and go from there....flaten out the spare tire area wiht wood..
Old 01-24-2008, 08:48 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: looking for a finished look for my stirped out hatch...??? got any ideas...IMO's WANTED (punkrac

That really depends on what you are going to do with your car. You only really need a polished/finished look if you are doing shows. If you are actually competing, you would just want that stuff off the car period.
Old 01-24-2008, 09:06 AM
Honda-Tech Member

no shows for me.... just want a clean look for my self...
Old 01-24-2008, 10:01 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (punkracer)

Get some sheets of carbon fiber. Cut them to shape and rivet those into place.
Old 01-24-2008, 10:07 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (turkishEF)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by turkishEF &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Get some sheets of carbon fiber. Cut them to shape and rivet those into place.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I say, draw yourself out a space of what you want covered. Go get some plywood, and then cover the plywood in fabric that matches your interior. If you do it the right way it can look OEM, and will really flow with the rest of the interior.
Old 01-24-2008, 12:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Markland Photo)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Markland Photo &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

I say, draw yourself out a space of what you want covered. Go get some plywood, and then cover the plywood in fabric that matches your interior. If you do it the right way it can look OEM, and will really flow with the rest of the interior.</TD></TR></TABLE>

yes i agree
Old 01-31-2008, 07:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

BUMP
Old 01-31-2008, 08:01 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by punkracer &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">BUMP</TD></TR></TABLE>

bump for what, you got your answer. there are only so many ways you can make a stripped interior looked not as stripped.

try originality on your car, instead of honda tech planning it out for you
Old 01-31-2008, 11:20 AM
Honda-Tech Member

NO PLANING NECESSARY......BUMPING FOR MORE imo
Old 01-31-2008, 11:29 AM
HRD PKR

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by electron_si &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

bump for what, you got your answer. there are only so many ways you can make a stripped interior looked not as stripped.

try originality on your car, instead of honda tech planning it out for you </TD></TR></TABLE>
Old 01-31-2008, 11:41 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (B16B_coupe)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by B16B_coupe &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">bump for what, you got your answer. there are only so many ways you can make a stripped interior looked not as stripped.

try originality on your car, instead of honda tech planning it out for you
</TD></TR></TABLE>

oooooohhhhhh orginal.....nice guy