Notices
Honda / Acura Appearance related discussion for Honda / Acura vehicles

I need help deciding on paint and body work!?!?, some questions and a POLL!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2003, 01:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I need help deciding on paint and body work!?!?, some questions and a POLL!!

Heres the run down: 95 civic, paint is bgp-33(blue green pearl), front passenger fender needs to be replaced, hood needs dents taking out and repainted, and front bumper with lip needs re-painting. the paint on the rest of the car still has a nice shine and luster from far away, but when u get close u can see nicks, scratches, etc.

old pics from about a year ago, but paint is pretty much the same condition

My budget is about 800-900 max, the reason is im moving back to cali in december, and when i get home i have a full sponsership on paint and bodywork, so my car is getting totally gutted and a complete show quality paint job.

does anybody have pics, or can tell me the major differences i will notice with a single stage compared to a base and clear(factory)??? remember this is to hold me over till the end of the year.

heres my options:

1. Single stage paint and take the chance that the finish wont have the luster and smoothness that i have now
2. get fender, hood, and bumper re-done and pray that the color match is perfect(i heard honda made colors in batches so it might be hard to get the same shade)
3. get fender, and bumper done, and buy CF hood(shipping is a bitch!!, but i have wanted one for various different reasons)

so far i have been quoted 400-500 to do the fender and bumper, 800-1000 for complete single stage paint(same color, all dents repaired)

i appreciate all suggestions, opinions, ideas, and futher questions