Honda / Acura Appearance related discussion for Honda / Acura vehicles

Hows my RC car look? I got bored haha

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2005, 07:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Hows my RC car look? I got bored haha (CAN97SH)

it would be a shame not to race around with that body!!
Old 10-09-2005, 07:34 PM
Prince of Zamunda

Default Re: Hows my RC car look? I got bored haha (92LSVTEC)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 92LSVTEC &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">it would be a shame not to race around with that body!!</TD></TR></TABLE>

It would be a shame to race with it, but not a shame to bash with it..

For racing bodies for touring cars the, Stratus, G35, Toureza or Alfa romeo bodies work the best.
Old 10-09-2005, 07:35 PM
Prince of Zamunda

Default Re: (Shizznaz)

Oh **** this is tight, TE37's for RC's from HPI

Licenced from Volk, now all I need is the WRX body to complete my Yokomo. But Damn it no WRX wagons
Old 10-09-2005, 07:58 PM

Default Re: (Jay J)

well just thought i would chime in for all the ppl that don't know much about nitro cars and trucks. i have been checking these things out for a couple months. i know nothing about them at all. so i finally decided to just buy one a couple weeks ago. i bought a HPI Savage truck with the big block. i dont know what the hell the difference is between a big and small block but i guess it is faster??? i decided to go for a truck cause i really dont have anywhere to run a car except the road. i get this damn thing home and spend a half of a day braking it in and finally take it out and mess around...this is one of the most fun little toys i have bought in a long time...it goes fast (dont have any idea how fast) and i have had it jump over me off a ramp i made in the yard!!! it is sooo much fun!!! the only down fall to having this is i think it will get old very quick. it cost money to run and theres not much you can do with them unless you actually have somewhere to run them...but in my opinion it was a very good purchase cause it is something i will have the rest of my life...i got my HPI Savage 25 and everything i needed to get started for just under $600...
Old 10-09-2005, 07:59 PM

they make WRX bodies. Pretty nice ones too

Old 10-09-2005, 08:05 PM

yeah I dont really have anywhere to go either, but if you look at the video, I jsut do it up and down my housing track street. Wears on tires and gets the car dirty easy but its still fun.
Old 10-09-2005, 08:13 PM

the guy at the hooby store also told me that i could get a drift car for $350 all hooked up (electric) but there is no where around here to run them...he and a couple buddys have them and set up there own tracks and stuff, but thats it...i would like to get one though...
Old 10-09-2005, 08:30 PM
Martingtrco

Default Re: (honda_kid42)

sick video thanks
Old 10-09-2005, 09:21 PM

lol cool rc's
Old 10-09-2005, 10:30 PM

Default Re: (shitty crx 253)

im trying to come up with a cold air intake system for this with aluminum tape and some sort or piping. haha .. that'd be bad ***. would probably ad some power since the filter is right behind the engine as it is now. But what I really need , is to buy some sort of very thin metal plate that I can screw on under the chasis so that when it bottoms out, the gears dont hit the ground. if you can see in the pictures, the gears are torn the F up haha. and thats my second set in 1 month.
Old 10-10-2005, 05:05 AM
Prince of Zamunda

Default Re: (honda_kid42)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by honda_kid42 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">well just thought i would chime in for all the ppl that don't know much about nitro cars and trucks. i have been checking these things out for a couple months. i know nothing about them at all. so i finally decided to just buy one a couple weeks ago. i bought a HPI Savage truck with the big block. i dont know what the hell the difference is between a big and small block but i guess it is faster??? i decided to go for a truck cause i really dont have anywhere to run a car except the road. i get this damn thing home and spend a half of a day braking it in and finally take it out and mess around...this is one of the most fun little toys i have bought in a long time...it goes fast (dont have any idea how fast) and i have had it jump over me off a ramp i made in the yard!!! it is sooo much fun!!! the only down fall to having this is i think it will get old very quick. it cost money to run and theres not much you can do with them unless you actually have somewhere to run them...but in my opinion it was a very good purchase cause it is something i will have the rest of my life...i got my HPI Savage 25 and everything i needed to get started for just under $600...</TD></TR></TABLE>

Big block, is a engine bigger than a .21 or 3.5 cc. .18 or .18 block bored to a .21 is a medium block. And anything under is a small block..

Get a 24.7 in the Savage it rocks See mine
Old 10-10-2005, 05:06 AM
Prince of Zamunda

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Shizznaz &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">im trying to come up with a cold air intake system for this with aluminum tape and some sort or piping. haha .. that'd be bad ***. would probably ad some power since the filter is right behind the engine as it is now. But what I really need , is to buy some sort of very thin metal plate that I can screw on under the chasis so that when it bottoms out, the gears dont hit the ground. if you can see in the pictures, the gears are torn the F up haha. and thats my second set in 1 month.</TD></TR></TABLE>
DO NOT MAKE A CAI, it will not work well. If your gears are torn up upgrade to titanium(robinson racing).. They work beter.
Old 10-10-2005, 06:19 AM

saw a hatchback body on ebay ,1/10 scale. i was gonna get it for my car.
i have the electric version of yours
Old 10-10-2005, 08:16 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (anotheredhatch)

it's got vtec yO!! nice RC...i want to see the black body, see what kind of damage you've done.
Old 10-10-2005, 08:56 AM
Banned

Coolest RC car ever.
Old 10-10-2005, 02:01 PM

Default Re: (LSVT3K 91 C1V1C)

To see pics of the black body, go to http://chronic-detailing.com/rccar2.html .. or on the first page with the silver body, just click next. I linked those 2 pages together. But if you go to any other part of the site, you wont get back unless you hit back cuz the RC car pages are separated from the rest of the site.

-----

Why would a CAI not work? does it have something to do with 2 stroke engines or engines that run off glow plugs? I didnt know if it would work anyways but was going to just test it out.

ah I been looking for titanium gears, thanks. But the problem is that the gears are hitting the ground when the car bottoms out. So eventually the titanium gears will wear out too. so thats why im making a plate the cover it up
Old 10-10-2005, 02:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Hows my RC car look? I got bored haha (Shizznaz)

haha that ***** tight
Old 10-10-2005, 02:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Hows my RC car look? I got bored haha (one^g)

nice, lotta rc's on h-t all should have a big road race ahhaha
Old 10-10-2005, 02:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Hows my RC car look? I got bored haha (core3200tm)

lol my "show only" bodies never stay show only. I always get tempted to see how they look rolling... then they get dirty and become beater bodies.
Old 10-10-2005, 02:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I know its a shot in the dark, but, anyone know a place to race my super nitro in the sacramento area?
Old 10-10-2005, 03:29 PM
Prince of Zamunda

Default Re: (TypeRPaul)

rccaraction.com and check track directory.. All the tracks I know of are in SoCal
Old 10-10-2005, 03:37 PM

lol, in my search for titanium gears, I ended up just searching for titanium hop ups haha. Anyone know where I can get ahold of some " hardcore racing " NTC3 parts? they have a few things I need
Old 10-10-2005, 03:52 PM
Prince of Zamunda

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Shizznaz &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
Why would a CAI not work? does it have something to do with 2 stroke engines or engines that run off glow plugs? I didnt know if it would work anyways but was going to just test it out.

ah I been looking for titanium gears, thanks. But the problem is that the gears are hitting the ground when the car bottoms out. So eventually the titanium gears will wear out too. so thats why im making a plate the cover it up</TD></TR></TABLE>

CAI's do not make the motors run right for some reason. And sometimes the metal tubing falls off, usually the extended neck for the airfilters work better. Also some quick things to increase performance is a better clutch, good glow plug, good cut length of fuel tubing(yours looks too short) obiously a good pipe/header. and a good heatsink.

For good measures after buying an engine, heat cycle break in- search for "XTM breakin meathod" (though people who spend gobs of money on RC's know its actual "term")

Also then seal up the engine. (directions on RCCA)-

And when an engine is sort of running out of juice you can squeeze a bit more out by removing a head shim- be sure to check the glow plug clearence with the piston at TDC.

Finally always use teh correct fuel for the motor. Big blocks and most engines like higher nitro %- 25/30% also most engines like lesser oil content from fuels such as Odonnel or Trinity silver/platinum I think?

Old 10-10-2005, 03:54 PM
Prince of Zamunda

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Shizznaz &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">lol, in my search for titanium gears, I ended up just searching for titanium hop ups haha. Anyone know where I can get ahold of some " hardcore racing " NTC3 parts? they have a few things I need</TD></TR></TABLE>

http://www.racinghardcore.com/
or go to ulimatehobbies.com (store is in the OC) that store rocks.. I could spend over 5,000 in one hour without knowing..

Go buy that damn TC3 rally kit.. I think you can use it (lifts up the car by a few)
Old 10-10-2005, 03:58 PM

sweet r/c's dude i got a rtr3evo ill post pics in a few once i find my camera. also got a 1/8 hyper 7 pbs with .28 orion wasp. that and a rc18t from ae. all for sale if neones looking jus pm me.

Quick Reply: Hows my RC car look? I got bored haha