Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: (8520)

looks good.
Old 11-26-2007, 06:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (NOFX)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Eran &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Way to **** on someone's parade. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Oh... er... I mean woooohooooooooooooooooo!

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by NOFX &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
Ever heard the mocking term, "Hella JDM!"? That's what the title is referring to.

I'm not saying WA is like California or that I want to be in California (lol).

Oh, and let's remember that your car just has two mismatched lips too.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Haha I know, it was just a joke. Nah its cool and all, I just meant that it seems as though it's turned more into a "look what I got" when the reason I got my lip was because I enjoyed the style. Thats the only reason you might've seen SOME mockery, if at all. But in all seriousness though, props to you cause I know how long you've been waiting to do this - its basically your life
Old 11-26-2007, 06:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (sk8shorty012)

looks REALLY ghay!

lol jk looking great.
Old 11-26-2007, 07:01 PM
Year 3030

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (RNPoo7)

hella kewl
Old 11-26-2007, 07:03 PM
H-T White Ops

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts
Default Re: (sk8shorty012)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by sk8shorty012 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Haha I know, it was just a joke. Nah its cool and all, I just meant that it seems as though it's turned more into a "look what I got" when the reason I got my lip was because I enjoyed the style. Thats the only reason you might've seen SOME mockery, if at all. But in all seriousness though, props to you cause I know how long you've been waiting to do this - its basically your life </TD></TR></TABLE>
Sorry. Don't mind me. Just kind of on edge. I don't know why these lips have gotten so much hate.

OEM &gt; all imo. I like some aftermarket stuff, but I prefer OEM for the most part. I know the parts work and will fit perfectly.

I do actually like these lips though. I'm happy to have finally found them and then also happy to have gotten them on the car. I post photos because I know most people don't know about the front lip. I don't usually post photos of my car anyway. So I'd say it's about time to post some for the first time in 6-7 months or whatever anyway.

Sure, I'm happy about getting the lips. Wouldn't you be if it took you so long to find them though? I'm stubborn and they were the only ones I wanted.
Old 11-26-2007, 07:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

fwhoreBYfore
Old 11-26-2007, 07:09 PM
H-T White Ops

Default Re: (ST4TUS)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ST4TUS &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">fwhoreBYfore </TD></TR></TABLE>
Crappy roads. Not looking to plant my lip into a pothole. Car looks lower in person. Low shots didn't help.

I don't plan to lower it much more, if anymore.
Old 11-26-2007, 07:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by NOFX &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
Crappy roads. Not looking to plant my lip into a pothole. Car looks lower in person. Low shots didn't help.

I don't plan to lower it much more, if anymore.</TD></TR></TABLE>

ive yet to hit or bump either one of my lips and im much lower than you are lol
Honda-Tech Member

Honestly, I see gaps everywhere. I don't like it.
Honda-Tech Member

Now time to take it off because its snowing.
Old 11-26-2007, 07:15 PM
HT White Ops

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: (JamesL)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JamesL &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Honestly, I see gaps everywhere. I don't like it.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Those aren't gaps. They're the stock trim that comes on the lip. If you actually look at it, there's no way you'd see black if there was a gap in any of those areas.
Old 11-26-2007, 07:19 PM
H-T White Ops

Default Re: (watisjdm)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by watisjdm &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">ive yet to hit or bump either one of my lips and im much lower than you are lol </TD></TR></TABLE>
I've had friends rubbing parts going around off ramps around here.

And this lip is much bigger than the SiR or the Type R style lips of course.

I also don't like how getting in and out of Eran's car not only causes me to occasionally bump my head, but it hurts my back. I was in a bad accident years ago and I have a bad back because of it.
<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JamesL &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Honestly, I see gaps everywhere. I don't like it.</TD></TR></TABLE>
That's the black rubber trim.

If those weren't there, the lip moving around while driving would eat my bumper.
<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Simple_Sauce &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Now time to take it off because its snowing.</TD></TR></TABLE>
Those are bubbles from washing the car.
Old 11-26-2007, 07:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I stand corrected. But it still looks a little weird to me.
Old 11-26-2007, 07:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Wow, that looks good! Front and backs, nice! Did u find them together or seperately?
Old 11-26-2007, 07:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

honestly imo they look horrible, front and rear. other wise the car is clean.
Old 11-26-2007, 07:36 PM
H-T White Ops

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JamesL &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I stand corrected. But it still looks a little weird to me.</TD></TR></TABLE>
Better than not having the trim. Anyway, I like it.
<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Khmerican &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Wow, that looks good! Front and backs, nice! Did u find them together or seperately? </TD></TR></TABLE>
I found them separately.
<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by chairwitharmrests &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">honestly imo they look horrible, front and rear. other wise the car is clean.</TD></TR></TABLE>
I like them and that's what matters.

Anyway, I don't like the other lip options for my car. There's no matching rear lip for the SiR lip (okay on a hatch, but the coupe/sedan rear swings up and it looks naked by comparison). There's no matching rear lip for the CTR unless you want a POS knockoff. And I'm not a fan of any of the aftermarket lips I've ever seen. Oh, and to cover it before it's mentioned, I think '99-'00 front end conversions are stupid.
Old 11-26-2007, 07:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

You shoulda just got an si front end.

Old 11-26-2007, 08:11 PM
I <3 My CB7.

best oem lip kit ever!
Old 11-26-2007, 08:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (iveeno)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by iveeno &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">dump it so the lips scrape on the ground! </TD></TR></TABLE>
<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by iveeno &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">dump it so the lips scrape on the ground! </TD></TR></TABLE>
Old 11-26-2007, 08:24 PM

for 96-98, I prefer the SiR conversion...although lately they have become really, really played out.. the CTR lips look a little ricey to me..

99-00 FTW! lol

nice car dude do what you want, but dont cry when people give you their opinions
Old 11-26-2007, 08:35 PM
H-T White Ops

Default Re: (spenny)

I don't see me crying in any of the posts in this thread.

I was told to get other wheels, to lower it, and that it looked horrible.

I replied with that I would like other wheels, but that they're not a priority right now since the only wheels I've found to be interested in are too expensive for me to want to drive on daily (much less during the winter - which is upon us). I like the current ride height because it keeps my car from being damaged. We have a car here that is a bit lower than mine and though it has aftermarket exhaust, parts of his undercarriage rub on every speedbump we go over. That would bother me if it were my car. As far as the car looking horrible to some guy, I like how it looks and in the end, that's all the really matters.

I've explained a few times why I don't want SiR bumpers (wouldn't look right with my painted moldings and I like my moldings being painted). CTR lips, while I like them, have no matching OEM rear lip for a coupe/sedan.

I think that about covers it.

Oh, oe more thing. As I said, I hate '99-'00 conversions. If I wanted a '99-'00, I should have bought one in the first place. If you want to talk about played out, it'd be the one OEM lip for the '99-'00. I like the idea of a future car being a '99-'00, but I'm not too happy that I already know what the front would look like because I like OEM parts.

Old 11-26-2007, 08:46 PM

Default Re: (.Hatches.)

Not really feeling the lip kit.
Old 11-26-2007, 08:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (KYLE.)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 8520 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">You shoulda just got an si front end.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

Old 11-26-2007, 09:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

NOFX car is looking great, i'm actually digging that lip. I'm just wondering where did you get those 4 badges you have on the rear?
Old 11-26-2007, 09:44 PM
H-T White Ops

Default Re: (Partizan)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Partizan &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">NOFX car is looking great, i'm actually digging that lip. I'm just wondering where did you get those 4 badges you have on the rear?</TD></TR></TABLE>
Thanks.

I got the badges through a friend in Europe. I bought a few used since I happened to find them, but the coupe badge is the most expensive being around $20 brand new.

Quick Reply: Hella USDM