Honda / Acura Appearance related discussion for Honda / Acura vehicles

Heeltoe Automotive's TEALTOE Product Car Buildup!

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2006, 08:22 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tealtoe Civic Product Vehicle Buildup!!!!

Heeltoe Automotive does not intend this thread to serve as a way of specific advertising outside the Sponsor forums. We are documenting the build up of our car and doing so in the Appearance forum since to our knowledge this is where these threads go. We feel the scope of the project goes beyond the interest of only EG+ owners.

We have been liberal with the use of linking to our online shopping cart, but to remidy situations of rules violation we have removed these links. Admittedly these links should not be placed here by us. To our customers, look to our signature or contact us directly to inquire about products installed on Product-car Tealtoe!

Installment 1 is here
Installment 2 is here! -- Wash and Corners!
Installment 3-4 are here! -- Cusco PRK, Folding Mirrors, Jimmi' Jammer, and window visors!
Installment 5 in here! -- Tein SS-P and Enkei RPF1s installed!
Installment 6 is here! -- NRGCELL Slim Battery install, tint removal, and DC2 Type-R Trunk Bar install!
Installment 7 is here! -- SPONSORED BY YOWAI-SS! Honda Access Audio Console and Center Armrest, JDM EG airbox lid, Hamp Air filter, and Yowai-SS Type-WP Venturi Intake and Cooling plate!
Installment 8 is here! -- Beaks Quicks Swap 22mm ITR rear sway bar part 1, A'PEXi World Sport 2 Exhaust, Tint Perfection window tint!
Installment 9 is here! -- We are resurrecting this mummy and are in the final stretch. JDM Headlights, Cusco Master Cylinder Brace, JDM Thin Side Moldings!
Installment 10 is here! -- More moldings, braces, and a new clutch, flywheel, and clutch hose!
Installment 11 is here! -- Header installed, Dyno Tuning at Church Automotive Testing, and we pass SMOG!

After multiple failed attempts at sponsorship and the promise of endless business opportunities that would insue, I decided that the only real way that a car would get Heeltoe Automotive more attention is if Heeltoe Automotive itself built the car. And so, the decision was made to begin our first real PRODUCT car.

Yes, Product Car, not Project Car.

Surely some of you will accuse me of pulling the marketing-mans wool over the public eyes. In a sense the effort is a project, and thus my nomenclature might be labeled as symmantics. Still, validation comes when considering the motives which resulted in the naming. And don't call me Shirley.

Yes, yes, Heeltoe could have constructed an epic beast. Biggest K motivation. Rarest JDM swag. A killer on the track and at shows. But Heeltoe Automotive's, and truely my own as owner, primary objective is making customers happy. Happy to buy parts, happy to install them, happy to use them, and happy to come back! So when building an insane vehicle, how can my customers relate? One-off fabrication is truely the sign of the times, but that is something most people cannot reach. In short, if I want to offer a great product in my inventory, why woudn't I use that exact part on my own car?

And so I bring you:

Hmm...looks more blue in this image. Anyway, the car is Teal, I promise. Aztec Green Pearl to be exact. We all know the color

The main idea of this car is to familiarize our current and potential customers with some of the products we carry! Nothing is better than some honest-to-goodness installs and real-life accounts of what a particular product is and why it is better than others out there! So it only seemed natural to go with a 92-95 Civic. This car has possibly the biggest aftermarket following of all Hondas. And as it just so happens, friends of Heeltoe recently found the need to sell this beauty we lay before you.

Ok, Teal is not the most bad-*** color for a marketing tool. But, somehow I can look at a car and find a way to make it special and respectable. First, we had to change the name. "Betsy" was just not going to cut it. "Tealtoe" was adopted as this EJ1's stage name.

Now, some stats:
1994 Civic Ex Coupe (non-ABS)
96K on the odo at purchase
Originally a Pennsylvania vehicle, then was uprooted and brought out west some years ago.
Purchased off the original owners
Pre-existing optional equipment: Dealer Option Alloys, Moonroof visor, and Wing spoiler.
Purple Tint
Trailer Hitch (which I am assured was only used once to haul Honda equipment of the 2-wheeled variety)

The engine was pretty dirty at the time of purchase. The valve cover and intake manifold featured some odd staining. I imagine it was from misplaced engine oil. But the VTEC was intact.

Speaking of oil, I peered into the oil cap to find a rather clean condition inside, albeit a little stained.

Engine oil might have been changed, but overall cleanliness flew the coop a while back.

Interior on this vehicle is virtually flawless. Given the age we could not have asked for better condition.

Exterior...not as lucky as the interior. The clearcoat was faded in a few places, and there are minor dings here and there. But overall this vehicle is very straight! There is nothing here a really good detail can't mask.

Moonroof visor. I am not into this look...this will sell on ebay though

The undercarriage scared me the most though. There is an orange flakey substance covering some of the hardware. I heard this stuff sucks. This is a rare sight in SoCal.

Ah, no resonator...that would explain the distictively muted rasp this exhaust has near redline. It is sort of like that ricey muffler sound that is so stereotypically "pissed off bumble bees in a tin can," yet softened by the OEM muffler. I kind of like it. But its gotta go.

So, there you have it. We will be updating this message board as work progresses on the Tealtoe Civic! We have many parts to showcase and hope you will be back to read from time to time. Along the way I will be alluding to future plans as they develop. This post is open to replys and comments! Please give us your input!

Marcus
Heeltoe Automotive, Owner
949-295-1668

Modified by MrHeeltoe at 1:55 PM 10/17/2006

Modified by MrHeeltoe at 1:55 PM 10/17/2006

Modified by MrHeeltoe at 10:31 AM 10/25/2006

Modified by MrHeeltoe at 1:25 PM 11/8/2006

Modified by MrHeeltoe at 1:57 PM 11/8/2006

Modified by MrHeeltoe at 12:32 PM 11/21/2006

Modified by MrHeeltoe at 10:51 PM 12/3/2006

Modified by MrHeeltoe at 10:51 PM 12/3/2006

Modified by MrHeeltoe at 2:18 PM 12/17/2006

Modified by MrHeeltoe at 8:51 AM 1/17/2007

Modified by MrHeeltoe at 6:50 PM 5/31/2007

Modified by MrHeeltoe at 6:50 PM 5/31/2007

Modified by MrHeeltoe at 11:02 PM 5/31/2007

Modified by MrHeeltoe at 4:19 PM 6/2/2007

Modified by MrHeeltoe at 12:07 PM 6/11/2007
Old 10-13-2006, 08:25 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I'm definately looking forward to this one
Old 10-13-2006, 08:25 AM

Default Re: Tealtoe Civic, Installment 1, The Car (MrHeeltoe)

cant wait dont let us down
Old 10-13-2006, 08:28 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Tealtoe Civic, Installment 1, The Car (Jtran)

this should be good. and that orange flacky stuff gets
Old 10-13-2006, 08:33 AM
That's what she said!

Default Re: (fast95eg8)

sweet!
Old 10-13-2006, 08:35 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Old 10-13-2006, 08:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Tealtoe Civic, Installment 1, The Car (Jtran)

Should be a good one to watch. Great writing btw.
Old 10-13-2006, 08:55 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by fast95eg8 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I'm definately looking forward to this one </TD></TR></TABLE>
Old 10-13-2006, 09:00 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by fast95eg8 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I'm definately looking forward to this one </TD></TR></TABLE>
sweet....teal
Old 10-13-2006, 09:07 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (cuz_ican)

Awesome, it's already got the OEM mudflaps!

I ordered a set of mudflaps from you over the summer, but my car was stolen...and they took my damn mudflaps of all things!!

I'm ordering another set from you tomorrow!

*Subscribed*

Old 10-13-2006, 09:10 AM

A very interesting concept and idea. I wish you luck in this new approach for a broader business outlook.

Now is this thread going to show some serious in-depth "How-to's" as you are installing the products that you offer? Or just some quick shots of the process?

What I'm saying is that if you show all your steps and pictures of your process, when a consumer buys a product from you for, say, their 92-95 civic, they can immediately come back to this thread and see how you put that exact product onto the car. Makes life easier for your consumer and makes them order more, haha.

Just a suggestion. ::shrugs::
Old 10-13-2006, 09:11 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (cuz_ican)

Great project

I agree with you that as a marketing tool, this will be more effective than doing a $50k build.

Are you only going to use parts that you carry?
Old 10-13-2006, 09:17 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (EJ1 wilcox)

cant wait to see the progress marcus
Old 10-13-2006, 09:24 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (lightsleeper)

In for the build.
I love rust.
Old 10-13-2006, 09:26 AM

Default Re: Tealtoe Civic, Installment 1, The Car (iAccord)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by iAccord &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">A very interesting concept and idea. I wish you luck in this new approach for a broader business outlook.

Now is this thread going to show some serious in-depth "How-to's" as you are installing the products that you offer? Or just some quick shots of the process?

What I'm saying is that if you show all your steps and pictures of your process, when a consumer buys a product from you for, say, their 92-95 civic, they can immediately come back to this thread and see how you put that exact product onto the car. Makes life easier for your consumer and makes them order more, haha.

Just a suggestion. ::shrugs:: </TD></TR></TABLE>

Thanks!!!

No, the thread is not going to show in-depth how-tos. There is a forum on my site that I am going to get into that. For the most part I think we know how to install stuff anyway. I want to try and illustrate WHY certain parts are actually upgrades over stock, and why some parts are better than others. More of a technical writing than a how-to.

Of course, during the course of installation if special installation steps are needed I will outline them. I am wanting to make it more of a good read than install instructions.

Marcus
Old 10-13-2006, 09:27 AM

Default Re: (EJ1 wilcox)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by EJ1 wilcox &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Great project

I agree with you that as a marketing tool, this will be more effective than doing a $50k build.

Are you only going to use parts that you carry? </TD></TR></TABLE>

Yeah, I'm going to try to
Old 10-13-2006, 09:34 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (MrHeeltoe)

Awesome!
Old 10-13-2006, 09:38 AM

Default Re: (MrHeeltoe)

Old 10-13-2006, 09:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

in for the build!
Old 10-13-2006, 09:55 AM
Honda-Tech Member

oh, i'm in too. heeltoe
Old 10-13-2006, 10:28 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (mrnicolas)

Old 10-13-2006, 11:06 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

nice start, people can get sponsored up the ***, yes. but showing customers you took the time and money to build a car yourself gets more respect from me and others if i were to consider purchasing from your company.

big thumbs up from me, keep us updated
Old 10-13-2006, 11:07 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (fventura03)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by undercoverdc2 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">oh, i'm in too. heeltoe </TD></TR></TABLE>
Old 10-13-2006, 11:24 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Yellowone)

interesting.
Old 10-13-2006, 11:31 AM
12 Years Strong

Default Re: (BEE1)

Looking forward to the finished product

Quick Reply: Heeltoe Automotive's TEALTOE Product Car Buildup!