Notices
Honda / Acura Appearance related discussion for Honda / Acura vehicles

good paint/body shop in IL?

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2001, 04:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default good paint/body shop in IL?

just thought i'd ask. anyone know of any good paint/body shops in Illinois? preferably in the Chicago area. i'm looking for a place to paint and install my body kit. any help would be great. thanks.
Old 11-25-2001, 04:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: good paint/body shop in IL? (ckdelsol)

Sell your Body Kit and spend the cash ona Swap

Suprdave
Old 11-27-2001, 09:38 PM
New User

Default Re: good paint/body shop in IL? (Suprdave)

Its always nice to have new paint. Your in naperville? Well in Libertyville, where I live, about an hour from there, there is a shop called Foreign and Domestic Autobody. I worked through school on an internship their. Their work is excellent and the pricing is what a normal body shop would charge $40/hour. They remove all your moldings, no taping, except for the windows and such. They use a high quality paint and they return the car to stock specs, and they have a lifetime warranty on their work, but if you have fiberglass side skirts, I doubt it would be covered becuase of the chance of craking. They sometimes remove dents using paintless dent removal, meaning no body fillers, but none the less they will remove any dents wherever they put paint. They also have a shop in Skokie I believe and is just as good, but I was never there. You can find them in the yellow pages. Hope this helps. Some suggestions when choosing bodyshops:

1. Never go to a dealer that has a body shop. Sometimes they do good work but keep in mind they are not there to satisfy the customer, they are there to make as much of a profit as possible. They use aftermarket or used parts sometimes to even make money. Trust me I know I worked for acura for tooo long!

2. Sterling is an alright shop, but uses the same concept as a dealer w/ a body shop. they were bought out by the insurance company allstate, so now you can only imagine how much they suck now!

3. Independent shops that have been around for years, that are not franchised, and owned by a person with knowledge in the industry are the best. They usually hire experianced trained people and don't low ball their employees like sterling!

I am learning this trade so I have been researching and plan to open my own body/performance shop in the future. Any other questions and you can email me!
Old 11-27-2001, 10:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: good paint/body shop in IL? (ckdelsol)

Don't tell me you guys never heard of BODYWERKS? It's suppose to be the best place to get a paint job in Chicago.
Old 11-28-2001, 07:55 AM
New User

Default Re: good paint/body shop in IL? (ITR 2K)

yeah I heard of them, their right down the street from Driver's Image right? Anyways I've heard mixed things about their work. I also heard they charge a little more than a normal shop. Then again I did see some nice jobs come out also, I guess it just depends what you need done!

ITR 2K: where are you located in chicago? I've never heard of Endless performance, what is it?

[Modified by Turismo79, 4:57 PM 11/28/2001]
Old 11-28-2001, 10:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: good paint/body shop in IL? (Turismo79)

Endless Performance is a team for a few years ago... Were not that well known because were not a big team... At the most we have about 20 cars but not everyone sports the team banner... We dont do much, we just like hanging out and stuff like that... Majority of the members dont have much money so we dont spend much time on fixing our cars... Once in a while i drive up to Naperville to visit my family... I drove a black 92 Civic Si with white ITR wheels back then, sometimes i change them to the gunmetal ones... Are u in a team???

Anyways, i've seen this one 91 Honda prelude(its all stock, nothing done but been in a bad accident) in Gold Coast and it was far the best job i ever seen... It looked like it jus stepped out from the dealer...
Old 11-28-2001, 08:31 PM
New User

Default Re: good paint/body shop in IL? (HybridHatch128)

Yeah, Im in a team called Team RPM but we might change the name next summer as team RPM is kinda boring. We have only 6 members and were still trying to find more people. Two dont have banners yet, but most have good jobs and sufficient mods on their cars. Its not just imports, our team consists of 2001 ITR, Prelude SH, 3rd gen integra, 2nd gen integra hybrid, older Rx7 and Cavalier Z24. We all just like to cruise and go to Streets of Woodfield, ever been their?
Old 11-28-2001, 09:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I heard of RPM before, but dont recall seeing any of ur cars... I been to streets of Woodfield a few times, but not for the races... Stupid Game Works, the place where my ex used up all my money ~=[... Owell, gotta spend some to get some...

Off the top of my head, our cars consist of
2001 PY ITR
2000 PY ITR
2000 NHB ITR
88RX-7 T2
91 Accord H22
2000 Celica GT-S
99 Corolla
94 Accord
99 Civic hatch
97 CL
95 Civic Si LS/VTEC
94 Integra LS/VTEC
00 Civic Si
95 Legend
93 Civic Si B18C1
93 Civic Si(yes, we have alot of hatches)
92 Civic Si
95 Civic EX
92 240SX
95 240SX
98 Prelude
01 S2000(Kingmotorsports project car, yes the red one[believe me or not])
92 Skyline GT-R(same owner as the S2000)
95 GSR
94 SI B16 jap spec
88 CRX
my 91 CRX crap car
02 WRX
94 Integra LS

our old cars that i remember is
98 ITR sold(Kingmotorsports[and again, believe me or not])
my 92 Si B18C5 sold
95 Civic EX B18C5 Turbo(mad crazy) stolen
97 BMW M3 totalled

Thats all the cars i can think about off the top of my head... I think there is about 5cars WITH banners... Does that suck??? I thought we only had about 20, but this seems more then 20... Thats all i can think of, there can be more..
Old 11-28-2001, 10:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

My ITR is FBP, not NHB.
Old 11-28-2001, 10:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

My ITR is FBP, not NHB.
Shut up, yeah yeah i dont care... It's still slow...

Hehe, see the love of our team... hehehehe
Old 11-29-2001, 10:48 AM
New User

I have heard there are allot of team RPM's, thats why we want to change it. Those are some nice cars you guys have, I never knew that someone owned a skyline in chicago..that's sweet! Were thinking of hosting a gathering like Streets of Woodfield except in Libertyville/Vernon Hills/Mundelien area. Thats a pretty big group, do you guys do group things like go to the drag strip or Gingerman in Michigan? Were going to try to make a trip to Gingerman next june, after I get my new motor in.
Old 11-29-2001, 09:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I have heard there are allot of team RPM's, thats why we want to change it. Those are some nice cars you guys have, I never knew that someone owned a skyline in chicago..that's sweet! Were thinking of hosting a gathering like Streets of Woodfield except in Libertyville/Vernon Hills/Mundelien area. Thats a pretty big group, do you guys do group things like go to the drag strip or Gingerman in Michigan? Were going to try to make a trip to Gingerman next june, after I get my new motor in.
I'm up for that meeting. Do you ever head down to Chinatown? They usually have a bunch of cars meet up there, and just show off. They were drag racing during the summer, but now they just sit and chill.

As for the group thing, we all don't really hang out with each other. We all hang out in groups. We don't really go racing, just chill, eat, and do whatever.
Old 11-30-2001, 08:21 AM
New User

The meeting wouldn't start till next summer, cause everyone's at college and the weather just sucks! No, we've never been to Chinatown, but Im interested in going if the people are cool. We usually just hang out and go eat and work on our cars together. Not sure when we will start the meeting thing, We have allot of projects in the summer, but if people are definitely interested then it will happen!
Old 11-30-2001, 08:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Well, I'm intrested in a meet, it's always cool to check out other peoples cars. Just post something up, or email when you decide.
Old 11-30-2001, 09:18 AM
New User

Cool, I will do that! Im intersted to meet some of your team too!
Old 11-30-2001, 04:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Cool, then it's a date. I noticed in your sig, that your taillights are cracked. I'm planning to take mine off, and put the amber ones on, let me know if you're intrested in mine.
Old 11-30-2001, 09:51 PM
New User

Hmmm....is your ITR yellow? Did you turbo it? I want to go turbo, but can't make up my mind. How come you want the amber ones? most people like the all red, but If you want I can trade my stocks, with your reds, plus some $$.
Old 12-12-2001, 03:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Hmmm....is your ITR yellow? Did you turbo it? I want to go turbo, but can't make up my mind. How come you want the amber ones? most people like the all red, but If you want I can trade my stocks, with your reds, plus some $$.
Turismo79, ur from libertyville? I'm from Vernon Hills...what do you drive? Your bro Robert goes to Purdue University huh!?

[Modified by WalkmanX, 7:59 PM 12/12/2001]

[Modified by WalkmanX, 8:00 PM 12/12/2001]
Old 12-12-2001, 06:15 PM
New User

Default Re: good paint/body shop in IL? (WalkmanX)

hehe, yeah thats my bro. Is this Alex's friend? With the 'freak' teg? hehe yeah I drive a white LS teg.
Old 12-12-2001, 06:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

hehe, yeah thats my bro. Is this Alex's friend? With the 'freak' teg? hehe yeah I drive a white LS teg.
Nah man, I graduated with your bro and I go to Purdue too. I drive GSR w/HIDs...if you see me around the streets of woodfield, give me a holla
Old 12-12-2001, 07:43 PM
New User

Default Re: good paint/body shop in IL? (WalkmanX)

Sweet, Im guessing you know rob? I gotta check out those HID's, they must be tight! You should come hang and cruise with us over break, that is if the weather permits. Later
Old 12-12-2001, 07:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Awesome! I'll be gone over break tho but I'll be back after the 4th of Januray. Just send me an email if you guys are meeting after the 4th and I'll try to meet up with you guys