Honda / Acura Appearance related discussion for Honda / Acura vehicles

fake bride seats PICS

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2004, 09:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default fake bride seats PICS

i posted a thread about these like a month ago in here.. i think i was the first 1 like the day they went up on ebay..
i ended up not buying them from the guy cause everyone was saying they were prob garabge etc, plus when i bidded on them there was like 2 sets up.. buy the time the auction ended there was like 20. so i figured i can back out of it and pick up a set later.. no rush they arnt going anywhere.. so i wanted to wait till someone else bit the bullet and bought a set.
i talked to like 2 people on here about them that had 1st hand experience. and they both gave them a big
so i talked to who had an extra set he bought of red. and i went and picked the seat up tonight
and i took pics. but my camera is a shitty 1st gen digital cam so the quality is baddd. pics dont do them justice. but at least i can give my first hand UNBIASED opinion.

front of headrest

back side of headrest

k, heres my review.
these seats feel idetical to real brides. if they wernt made out of a diff material i doubt anyone could tell the diference. and honestly i think the alcantara feels softer and better than what the real brides are covered with. the stiching on these is immaculate. not crooked or off cenetered (might look that way because of bad pics)
seat feels solid. not like a cheap knockoff. the **** says bride on it. it has a tag sewed in.
the way i feel is why spend 1000 for a new brix when you can buy a new knockoff that is identical for less than half.
im not arguing the fact they are fake bla bla.. realistically there is no other reason to spend an extra 600$ to say the seat is real, other than to brag and show off. and this seat can easily pass as real.

so i feel bad for bride cause when the word gets out on these alott less people will break thier pockets buying the real thing..
only part id change if i could would be the *** and back material.. it shouldnt be alcantara.. its really nice and soft. but i can see it streching slightly and wrinkling slightly inthe future. it should be like the material recaros are in that area or something similiar , but thats a minor thing and its not even a big deal.

ps. ill get a better cam tomm and take quality pics

Modified by drunknbass at 8:48 AM 6/10/2004
Old 06-08-2004, 09:36 PM
F*CK THIEVES!

Default Re: fake bride seats PICS (drunknbass)

how much was it
Old 06-08-2004, 09:36 PM

Default Re: fake bride seats PICS (hasback_00)

900 for a set
Old 06-08-2004, 09:38 PM

they look .. decent..
Old 06-08-2004, 09:40 PM
Don't Trust Anyone

Default Re: fake bride seats PICS (pReStOcHaNgO)

I like the GROOM better.
Old 06-08-2004, 09:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by drunknbass &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> realistically there is no other reason to spend an extra 600$ to say the seat is real, other than to brag and show off. and this seat can easily pass as real.
</TD></TR></TABLE>
i doubt those seats have been tested. imo, if you are gona use this for show then its ok. but i would hate to be in those seats when i wreck. i would rather not be the one to find out why they cost less.
Old 06-08-2004, 09:42 PM
F*CK THIEVES!

Default Re: fake bride seats PICS (SHAGGY)

whoa 9 bills..i rather just get real use recaros

but imma a broke *** so cant afford neither
Old 06-08-2004, 09:43 PM

just like buying rotas
Old 06-08-2004, 09:47 PM

Default Re: fake bride seats PICS (hasback_00)

these are wayyy more comfortable that recaros.. and have alot better side support. sit in a brix and sit in a recaro right after and youll see what i mean.
Old 06-08-2004, 10:01 PM
I hate rap music

can, say, a size 38 waist fit in those?
Old 06-08-2004, 10:04 PM

i dont like fake **** that fronts like its the real stuff...

i say yea to rota cause they don't front.
Old 06-08-2004, 10:06 PM

Default Re: (kwik2nec)

why stop at Brides....Wait til these companies come out with fake Recaros, Corbeau, Sparcos with actual stitching....

what if the fakes are already out and we don't know it???
Old 06-08-2004, 10:11 PM

its easy to hate on H-T. **** i have real rims. i have racing heart cp-035. i dont hate on rota subzeros. buy what you like.
dont like them dontbuy them. but all i gotta say is other than the fact they are fake theres no reason t dislike them cause they are comfy as fawk.
so all non haters who dont have to front a 'supercool pro jdm' image. should def considar these seats
Old 06-08-2004, 10:12 PM

To me $900 bucks is too much for fake seats. Why not just buy real sparcos for that much or even the bucket seat brides. I doubt that those seats meet any safety or quality standards that the real seats must ensure. To me this is just fronting. Whats the purpose of these seats? To front like you have real racing seats, when you really have some knock off APC seats with Bride stiched on.
Old 06-08-2004, 10:16 PM

Default Re: (Alchemist)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Alchemist &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">To me $900 bucks is too much for fake seats. Why not just buy real sparcos for that much or even the bucket seat brides. I doubt that those seats meet any safety standards that the real seats must ensure.</TD></TR></TABLE>
cause they feel exactly the same..
and safty standard on bride seats are like carb certs.. companies that have the $$$ get thier certs.
Old 06-08-2004, 10:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i was not trying to hate on anyone, but seats are a safety equipments too. lets say you were rear ended really bad, or you slid into a wall backwards. the seats are the one that is going to keep you in place. if they fail, you might end up in your trunk (practically) and/or with some severe injury. so for this reason i would rather get a name brand seat or stay stock. but like i menntioned earlier for a show car this would not be bad, but for racing or even streetdriving those seats might not be a good idea.
company that has the $$$ to do the testing and make sure the products meets the requirments gets the aproval. company that don't do testing or don't pass the testing don't get the aproval. some bride seats are not fia aproved, so this goes to show that just because they have money doesn't mean they willl get the "cert"
i could be wrong. those seats might hold up in a accident.
Old 06-08-2004, 10:26 PM

Default Re: (esponet)

well i have no doubt these seats are strong enough for the car.. **** a full bucket seat and 4 point harness is more dangerous in my opinion... these seats are very well made and im sure if i were to tear it down to the frame that is probably the same as a real bride also
Old 06-08-2004, 10:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (drunknbass)

Hey drunk,

Can you get the seats on a weight scale? I'm interested in knowing the weight of one seat. I believe imma get a drivers seat soemtime in the future.
Old 06-08-2004, 10:29 PM

Default Re: (EBP-Si)

dont have a scale but id say its about 5-10 lbs lighter than a stock seat..
Old 06-08-2004, 10:32 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SHAGGY &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I like the GROOM better.</TD></TR></TABLE>

HAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAA
Old 06-08-2004, 10:33 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by drunknbass &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">well i have no doubt these seats are strong enough for the car.. **** a full bucket seat and 4 point harness is more dangerous in my opinion... these seats are very well made and im sure if i were to tear it down to the frame that is probably the same as a real bride also</TD></TR></TABLE>

I understand that theyre half the price of the real brides, look the same, and feel the same, but in the end they probably dont match the quality of the real Brides. If the company is shady enough to illegaly make some boot leg Brides, I doubt they have enough integrity to make a safe and durable seat. Theyre obviously not a legit company and are probably out to make a quick buck. Id rather pay a little extra and be on the safe side.
Old 06-08-2004, 11:16 PM
Colorado <3

too much for fake. and way to much for the real ones.
Old 06-08-2004, 11:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

do those seats come with a lumbar of some sort?
Old 06-08-2004, 11:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (JDMteggy)

not too shabby lookign but I think I would rather have recaro, buddy club or Sparco.
Old 06-08-2004, 11:56 PM

Default Re: (Solscud007)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Solscud007 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">not too shabby lookign but I think I would rather have recaro, buddy club or Sparco.</TD></TR></TABLE>
well sparcos suck ***.. they have little to no side bolster. buddy club are just cheesy and cheap. recaros are good, but they are betetr suited for someone over 180lbs. these are best suited for -180lbs cause they hold you very tight.
and you can see the lumbar support from the side profile.. just check tee-usa.com they have the same dimentions as the brix2

Quick Reply: fake bride seats PICS