Old 01-01-2008, 07:27 PM
Man U FTW

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

a coupe would have been better i think, but to something new
Old 01-01-2008, 07:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Convertible Civic (Cza_EM1)

i give you props on something original, but you did all that work and going to put a b16 in it?
Why not something impressive under the hood?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ITB's For Sale: https://honda-tech.com/zerothread/2126004
WTB - GSR upper power steering bracket!!!!!

99 EM1 ----- B20Vtec ----- 216 whp. 154 tq

Look at my Dyno Chart - https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=2112480
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

B16 for now. Don't know if I want to boost or just do a simple LSV or B20V.

Old 01-01-2008, 07:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Convertible Civic (ridin98civic)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ridin98civic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">does it even have a convertible top? or did you just chop it?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Just chopped it. I live in So Cal, so it doesn't rain a whole lot here. This is strictly a late spring/summer car...LOL
Old 01-01-2008, 07:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Convertible Civic (rarrior23)

haha dope, i like it. Paint it candy green nd take it to the shows! haha, not bad at all. Looks like a possible rwd drift car, it has that wideness to it. Put a spoiler and add camber and it can look just like a rwd convertible.
Old 01-01-2008, 07:49 PM
Ek Forever y0!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Re: Convertible Civic (HBKFanatic)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by .Beaver &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
by shift you mean it has a tinted clear and it fades into pink. You make it sound like it's chameleon paint </TD></TR></TABLE>

Um, no. She means that the paint appears to be a different color due to lighting. Wow.
Old 01-01-2008, 07:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Convertible Civic (92slowcivic)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 92slowcivic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">you are doing a swap in a car that you can't even lock? that might be a waste of money.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Autolock and hidden kill switch will do the trick. Oh yeah, also parked inside my garage every night
Old 01-01-2008, 07:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Convertible Civic (rarrior23)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by rarrior23 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Looks alright, I don't see the point in choppin' up a hatch though.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I've already been through 5 eg6's...wanted to do something totally off the wall
Old 01-01-2008, 07:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (highroller54)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by highroller54 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I love it when I log on here and see great creations like this, the more civics you guys wreck the more mine goes up in value </TD></TR></TABLE>

Still a civic!
Old 01-01-2008, 07:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

totally off the wall it is, but i like it. did u do all the work yourself? looks to be a very involved job. big props for the clean work thats been done.

dont listen to the haters either that say its a waste of time or money. if youre proud of your work, then no time or money has been wasted at all.
Old 01-01-2008, 07:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by HBKFanatic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">haha dope, i like it. Paint it candy green nd take it to the shows! haha, not bad at all. Looks like a possible rwd drift car, it has that wideness to it. Put a spoiler and add camber and it can look just like a rwd convertible. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Actually after I do the B16 swap, I want to round off the edges, drop it about an 1" more, 17" Racing Hart C2's, 6 point roll cage and paint it stock milano red again!
Old 01-01-2008, 07:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Convertible Civic (EKGZER)

JK!

Old 01-01-2008, 08:00 PM
H-T White Ops

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts
Default Re: (.Beaver)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by .Beaver &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">by shift you mean it has a tinted clear and it fades into pink. You make it sound like it's chameleon paint </TD></TR></TABLE>
You must have a problem with reading comprehension. Had I meant it is a chameleon paint, I would have said it was.

Because it's a tricoat, it does looks lightly different in different lighting conditions.

ANY red paint, if not taken care of for long enough will look pink.

The OP probably used a crappy camera and the photos were taken on an overcast day. Therefore, the car's paint looks pinker than clean Milano Red paint really looks.
<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ek forever guy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Um, no. She means that the paint appears to be a different color due to lighting. Wow.</TD></TR></TABLE>
Don't mind him. .Beaver has some sort of issue with me and has been catty towards me in the past. No idea who's he's friends with because I can't remember ever having approached him in a thread before. In fact, I think this is the first time I remember seeing him post in tech at all.
Old 01-01-2008, 08:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (junkspeedproject)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by junkspeedproject &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">totally off the wall it is, but i like it. did u do all the work yourself? looks to be a very involved job. big props for the clean work thats been done.

dont listen to the haters either that say its a waste of time or money. if youre proud of your work, then no time or money has been wasted at all. </TD></TR></TABLE>

I knew I was going to get mixed reviews...but that's cool with me
I like the shock value. The work wasn't really that hard actually. Just got a reciprocating saw and a die grind cutter. Took about an hour. Took it out to the street races back in summer of 2007...was a crowd favorite. No time and espcially no money wasted here...LOL
Old 01-01-2008, 08:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by HBKFanatic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">JK!

</TD></TR></TABLE>

LMFAO...Good photoshop skillz
Old 01-01-2008, 08:06 PM
Bloody Beaver

Default Re: (NOFX)

Yup clearly it's the lighting since just that one fender is more red than the door and rest of that side of the body. Unfortunately through my own experience I know what faded Milano Red paint looks like, and it looks just like the picture. Oh were your wrong is that it'll look more pink in bright light, ie sunlight, under a gas station canopy at night, etc...

My only problem with you is that you believe that every post you make is like God herself is making it. Oh and that NOFX sucks. An old roomate of mine used to play that crap all the time.
Old 01-01-2008, 08:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

some cars aren't convertable for a reason.....
Old 01-01-2008, 08:11 PM
Ek Forever y0!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Ever think the car might just need a good buff?

It could be oxidation. Why are you so inevitably sure it's faded?

What does it matter?
Old 01-01-2008, 08:17 PM

looks pretty awesome!

reminds me of a vw cabrio
Old 01-01-2008, 08:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Convertible Civic (slacks)

i say paint it flat black and then let people draw on it with chalk.. that be dope.... IMO.
Old 01-01-2008, 08:21 PM
H-T White Ops

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by .Beaver &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Yup clearly it's the lighting since just that one fender is more red than the door and rest of that side of the body. Unfortunately through my own experience I know what faded Milano Red paint looks like, and it looks just like the picture. Oh were your wrong is that it'll look more pink in bright light, ie sunlight, under a gas station canopy at night, etc...

My only problem with you is that you believe that every post you make is like God herself is making it. Oh and that NOFX sucks. An old roomate of mine used to play that crap all the time. </TD></TR></TABLE>
I don't know how you get that idea, but you might as well get over it. I'm not going to change how I post just because you don't like it. Watch out, there are LOTS of other people on this site that post factual information. You better go yell at them too. I don't even know how to post "like I think I'm god".

You misinterpreting my posts i YOUR problem, not mine.

I didn't look at his paint in particular because I don't really care about his paint in particular. I was explaining Milano Red paint in general. I didn't study his fenders. I was more looking at the cuts along the rear. His front fenders are the least of my concern.

Since I should have included it for you in my previous post, "5th gens are old."
<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by .Beaver &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Oh were your wrong is that it'll look more pink in bright light, ie sunlight, under a gas station canopy at night, etc...</TD></TR></TABLE>
I have no idea what that even means.
Old 01-01-2008, 08:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by .Beaver &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Yup clearly it's the lighting since just that one fender is more red than the door and rest of that side of the body. Unfortunately through my own experience I know what faded Milano Red paint looks like, and it looks just like the picture. Oh were your wrong is that it'll look more pink in bright light, ie sunlight, under a gas station canopy at night, etc...

My only problem with you is that you believe that every post you make is like God herself is making it. Oh and that NOFX sucks. An old roomate of mine used to play that crap all the time. </TD></TR></TABLE>

The back half of the car is faded red. Day was cloudy and I got a old digital cam.
Buffed out the whole front end last weekend, that is why it looks shiny.
Old 01-01-2008, 08:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Unique for sure.
Old 01-01-2008, 08:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (EK_B)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by EK_B &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Unique for sure. </TD></TR></TABLE>
Old 01-01-2008, 08:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

differnt strokes for differnt folks
Old 01-01-2008, 08:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: (bokals)

just doesnt look right

Quick Reply: Convertible Civic